Best visuals, sensory set ever

westholtschic

On 1/8/2024 at 3:35 PM, Wooderson said:

If memory serves, Select magazine reviewed 40 or 50 performances from 1995 out of ten in a cool little pullout.

This got 11/10. Not on the same technical scale as Coldplay or Justice of course but mesmerizing in its own way. Certainly watching on telly it was the reason I wanted to go to Glasto so in my own little way this set means a lot.

Does anyone know who the guitarist is? 

what a great gig

1 hour ago, dumski said:

what a great gig

1995/1996 was peak Prodigy IMO. I'm probably biased because I saw them at Phoenix 96 (my very first festival at the age of 16), but that set, in fact that entire festival, was genuinely life changing.

I saw them the following year at my first Glastonbury in 1997 and even taking into account the horrid conditions and the technical problems, it was just wasn't the same.

7 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Take this for example. 

The common consensus is that it's the single greatest performance ever to take place on the Pyramid.

But did Huey and the lads need lasers and explosions to make their point.  They didn't even need a gigantic inflatable Scooby Doo.

Saw em on the other in 2008, superb. 

On 1/7/2024 at 5:30 PM, Avalon_Fields said:

3. The Darkness (Pyramid, 2003), only because it was the first band I saw at Glastonbury, and first at the Pyramid, and right at the front, so the whole experience is still clearly imprinted on my mind, including Justin's ludicrous outfit that got tangled with his guitar.

I was at that. Didn't know the band. Very memorable indeed!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

Skrillex, Glastonbury 2014 headlining Other stage - He had the full Mothership that he was using on his arena tour. Biggest surprise of the weekend, was incredible.

image.png.73a489ec0aec1e92cd706b269c8b669b.png

Mentioned it early on in this thread . Not my kind of music and I caught the end as I was meeting a mate , but visually incredible 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, discgoesmic said:

Skrillex, Glastonbury 2014 headlining Other stage - He had the full Mothership that he was using on his arena tour. Biggest surprise of the weekend, was incredible.

image.png.73a489ec0aec1e92cd706b269c8b669b.png

It was a laugh, thoroughly enjoyed it. Mainstream brostep was largely consigned to the history books shortly afterwards though.

• Upvote 1

On 1/10/2024 at 2:30 PM, Cheesey said:

1995/1996 was peak Prodigy IMO. I'm probably biased because I saw them at Phoenix 96 (my very first festival at the age of 16), but that set, in fact that entire festival, was genuinely life changing.

I was at that, was a great gig and an amazing line up. They played the dance tent too but I didn’t get to it for some reason. 

Outside of Glastonbury, Travis Scott’s notorious ASTROWORLD tour (2018-2019). His dates in bigger arenas had a roller coaster platform above the standing area. I saw his one night in the o2 and it was spectacular.

image.thumb.jpeg.cbdd6fd8632fb875f70feb209c9b4d8e.jpeg

if you want the best stages, look the designer Es Devlin - legendary tours by Take That, Beyonce and Watch The Throne are only a few examples. https://esdevlin.com/work

On 1/10/2024 at 2:30 PM, Cheesey said:

I saw them the following year at my first Glastonbury in 1997 and even taking into account the horrid conditions and the technical problems, it was just wasn't the same.

I was there too, aged 16, and completely agree with everything you've said, especially the life changing bit. I didn't get to their dance tent gig that year either, but two tracks from it appeared as B sides on the 'Breathe' CD single not long after, and you can just hear the incredible energy all over it. Saw them at the Wolverhampton Civic Hall in October that year, and it's still the best gig I've ever been to ever. Mind blowing.