Site changes for 2024 …

Crazyfool01

2 hours ago, deepkittycaz said:

Confirming what @upstream says - it hasn't. 

However, one section of Rivermead (eastern side) was used for general camping last year, so that might still be the case this year?

Ah rubbish. I miss having space between tents. I’ll look for somewhere else less busy then. 

Due to the lack of camping space, Glastonbury will be introducing 'high rise' camping options for the first time in 2024...

image.jpeg.5b10e1588118165d248ce19100d2f9bc.jpeg

(Stole this off a wild camping group I'm a member of on Facebook, but instantly made me think of Glastonbury last year.) 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Due to the lack of camping space, Glastonbury will be introducing 'high rise' camping options for the first time in 2024...

image.jpeg.5b10e1588118165d248ce19100d2f9bc.jpeg

(Stole this off a wild camping group I'm a member of on Facebook, but instantly made me think of Glastonbury last year.) 

Definitely no sneaky emptying out a comfort bottle from the top deck😊😉

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

But just think of the lie-ins you could have in the lower tiers without that pesky sunshine waking you up... 🤣

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

those below that like showers to keep the dust down might be in luck ... but maybe not the kind they hope for 

3 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

What about the area around John peel is that the same as last year ? 

This is what I want to know.

Thought we had found our new permanent spot in 22 but last year they had given the whole area over to hospitality.

I wouldn't mind but the hospitality area was pretty empty, absolutely no need to extend it

Just now, mazola said:

This is what I want to know.

Thought we had found our new permanent spot in 22 but last year they had given the whole area over to hospitality.

I wouldn't mind but the hospitality area was pretty empty, absolutely no need to extend it

was really big and obtrusive with the big green hoarding we moved slightly but I liked that location 

19 hours ago, Metal Monkey said:

Ah rubbish. I miss having space between tents. I’ll look for somewhere else less busy then. 

Fellow Rivermead camper here. We camped in the reduced space last year and it was grand.  Not quite as roomy as previous years still had space around us. 

3 hours ago, Stanton said:

Fellow Rivermead camper here. We camped in the reduced space last year and it was grand.  Not quite as roomy as previous years still had space around us. 

Good to know. Was there still space on Wednesday afternoon?

48 minutes ago, Metal Monkey said:

Good to know. Was there still space on Wednesday afternoon?

Yip, most of our group arrived on the overnight edinburgh bus so we were there for gates opening. Had some pals from London join us early afternoon and they were able to pitch up beside us no bother. By Thursday pm it was busy by Rivermead standards but still decent compared to other areas. 

5 hours ago, Stanton said:

Yip, most of our group arrived on the overnight edinburgh bus so we were there for gates opening. Had some pals from London join us early afternoon and they were able to pitch up beside us no bother. By Thursday pm it was busy by Rivermead standards but still decent compared to other areas. 

Thanks, I might give it a try then. I’ve been looking for an aerial photo from 23 to see where had space but didn’t see anywhere with much. 

No sign of any carhenge foundations … wandered into that field but really couldn’t make anything out … the cars were also not around this time at the workshop where they were the last time I visited this time of year but then they were being worked on and won’t need anything done this time 

26 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Thoughts ? Went for a wander today and spotted this …. Looks like a 3 sort of long containers and some steps that might lead up to them when stacked up ? 

Modular staircases/tower cranes................... that's according to Googles image search. Made by Liebherr

• Upvote 1

Just now, Nobody Interesting said:

Modular staircases/tower cranes................... that's according to Googles image search. Made by Liebherr

We were thinking something south east corner related . Great work … could look pretty good with some effective lighting 

42 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

We were thinking something south east corner related . Great work … could look pretty good with some effective lighting 

The thing near gate C that you could walk up had stairs - was it still a thing last year? All I remember is that you walked up inside and out onto a platform. Might be for that

30 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Is that not part of The Levels?

Ben

The Levels seemed to be all black metal work? Could it be part of the new Genosys? 

• Like 1