Rock En Seine 2024

polnico

1 hour ago, 49Lawson said:

If they'd had Pulp instead of Maneskin (thought they might have, unsure where they'll play in France now?) this would have sold me a ticket. Other than The Offspring I haven't seen any of the top 3 lines and want to see all of them next year.

Pulp isn't that popular outside the U.K, but Maneskin is ^^

22 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

That’s an absolutely fantastic line up. It has jumped right to the top of my August festival shortlist. When does this festival usually sell out?

daily tickets don't sell out too quickly. But 2 days, 3 days and mostly 4 days can sold out quite early..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Matt86 said:

Pulp isn't that popular outside the U.K, but Maneskin is ^^

Oh aye that's true, especially when you look at the size of festivals Maneskin is headlining next year. I don't dislike Maneskin, I just thought Pulp seemed more likely with the 'vibe' of the festival if that makes them sense. Them headlining WOW in Sweden and Oya around the same time made me think they'd have turned up here

7 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Is this a camping festival or nah?

Would love to hear some experiences from people that have been to previous editions of the festival so I can get a feel for what it’s like. 

It's not a camping festival. Went this year and really enjoyed it. Rented an airbnb near Parc des Princes, which was about a 40min walk, so not too bad, and even less with busses.

The setup of the festival is basically a long alley with 4 outdoor stages, and one small indoor one. The main problem with this sort of setup is that a lot of people go to a concert to the main stage, then right to the second stage. This means that there are mostly no "big clashes", but the alley being not extremely large, this means that it feels very crowded in there between concerts.

Other than that, people are nice, sound is mostly good (I am going to ignore the sound issues during the Strokes as I think this is a bit of a common theme for them), food is good (plenty of very good options). Drinks are expensive though, which is to be expected in Paris. Also good thing is that parking in Paris is free in August in certain areas of the town, which makes the trip even less expensive if you're planning to get there by car.

Edited by polnico
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Would love to hear some experiences from people that have been to previous editions of the festival so I can get a feel for what it’s like. 

Went this year and really enjoyed it. Seamless getting into the festival & collecting wristbands etc. No queues at the bars / food stalls, plenty of places to sit down and loads of trees for shade (although it was fairly overcast for the full weekend this year). Only small gripe was the set times & walks between stages, which resulted in us missing a song or two of some of the "bigger" acts if they were on back to back. Other than that it was class

4 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Been there this year and really enjoyed it, you can read my comment at the end of Rock En Seine 2023 topic:

To answer your question I can add that there's no camping. The festival takes place in a big park on the west border of the city, in walking distance from the Metro Line n.10 last stop. I suggest you to look for an hotel or b&b in the area west of the Tour Eiffel and east from the park. My girlfriend and I booked a 4* hotel for 6 nights (to enjoy Paris of course) including breakfast a 4 metro stops from the festival (10 minutes) and we payed a little less than 800€ for the two of us.

Edited by gigi21
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gigi21 said:

Been there this year and really enjoyed it, you can read my comment at the end of Rock En Seine 2023 topic:

To answer your question I can add that there's no camping. The festival takes place in a big park on the west border of the city, in walking distance from the Metro Line n.10 last stop. I suggest you to look for an hotel or b&b in the area west of the Tour Eiffel and east from the park. My girlfriend and I booked a 4* hotel for 6 nights (to enjoy Paris of course) including breakfast a 4 metro stops from the festival (10 minutes) and we payed a little less than 800€ for the two of us.

Thanks, that’s really helpful. We’ve booked an AirBnB in Sévres as we probably wouldn’t be venturing into Paris itself. 

4 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Thanks, that’s really helpful. We’ve booked an AirBnB in Sévres as we probably wouldn’t be venturing into Paris itself. 

Cool. All it's well linked and quick and you will have a few hours to spend in the morning if you want, but relax around the Seine is always a good choice.

Currently, this is my favorite lineup this summer - LCD and Massive Attack are the best headliners I could ask for this summer.

However, as my friend just moved to Budapest, Sziget became a very comfortable and cheap option for me. 

Therefore, 2 questions, please:

1. It is my impression that Sziget and Rock En Sien tend to share acts. Especially headliners. Do you share this impression?

2. When should I expect full Festival tickets to sell out, based on previous years? I wonder if it's realistic to wait until sziget, or even LL, announce first names

9 hours ago, Ohad said:

1. It is my impression that Sziget and Rock En Sien tend to share acts. Especially headliners. Do you share this impression?

This year they shared two headliners (Billie Eilish and Florence, who in the end didn't play Rock En Seine) and some undercard, four or five names maybe. Sziget nowadays is way more electronic and pop-oriented, so I can see they share Fred and Måneskin, but not Massive Attack or LCD Soundsystem.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Ohad said:

When should I expect full Festival tickets to sell out, based on previous years? I wonder if it's realistic to wait until sziget, or even LL, announce first names

I booked 2023 weekend ticket on March 15th and they sold out a few days later, but I don't know if it will always be the same. This year there were concerts by Billie Eilish (extra RES day) and Imagine Dragons (2 shows) the same week which maybe affected ticket sales someway.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, eivomracsy said:

saturday/sunday combitickets sold out

Is this usual or have they sold out quicker than previous years?

Im really, really interested in going because the line up feels like it was picked just for me but I’m holding out for other festival announcements because indecisiveness is a curse of mine. 

If I go it will be a full four day ticket, how late can I pull the trigger based on previous years?

42 minutes ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Is this usual or have they sold out quicker than previous years?

Im really, really interested in going because the line up feels like it was picked just for me but I’m holding out for other festival announcements because indecisiveness is a curse of mine. 

If I go it will be a full four day ticket, how late can I pull the trigger based on previous years?

i can imagine four days will sell out the latest. last year three day passes were not sold out at all