Rock En Seine 2024

polnico

1 hour ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Is the LDR day likely to be a standalone or an additional full festival day?

Stantadalone day. Similar to Billie Eilish last year I suppose, a few names will be added but I guess only main stage + a very small additional stage will be accessible. Day is also sold as separated from rest of festival.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Ohad said:

When should we expect the next wave of announcements?

Last years announcements went like this:

• First announcement (20 names) - 24th January
  • 16 more names - 14th March
  • Final announcement (32 names) - 23rd May

As we got the first names early this year it’s tough to say whether the gaps will be the same or if they’ll wait until the usual dates to release more. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know Clashfjnder isn’t a reliable source for rumours or leaks of unannounced bands but I’ve just been looking on there at timetables from previous years (as we don’t land until 15:15 on the Thursday) and the Clashfinder for this year has the announced bands plus a bunch of unannounced bands in parentheses:

https://clashfinder.com/m/res24/?user=130qtc.v3

They have the likes of Idles, Los Bitchos, Locke Carner, Pixies, Fontaines DC and Slowdive. Is this just someone taking wild guesses or is it potentially based on something more?

2 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

I know Clashfjnder isn’t a reliable source for rumours or leaks of unannounced bands but I’ve just been looking on there at timetables from previous years (as we don’t land until 15:15 on the Thursday) and the Clashfinder for this year has the announced bands plus a bunch of unannounced bands in parentheses:

They have the likes of Idles, Los Bitchos, Locke Carner, Pixies, Fontaines DC and Slowdive. Is this just someone taking wild guesses or is it potentially based on something more?

Wild guesses

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Pixies will be touring UK during Rock En Seine. Slowdive will be playing La Route Du Rock the week before RES...

1 hour ago, adequate8 said:

Wild guesses

I assumed so. I wonder why people do that. 

2 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

Pixies will be touring UK during Rock En Seine. Slowdive will be playing La Route Du Rock the week before RES...

Just looked at Pixies tour dates and they’re technically free on both the Thursday and the Sunday, although it would mean either 3 or 4 nights in a row which is probably unlikely. Besides the clashfinder had them down for Friday when they’re already playing in London. 

9 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

Fontaines DC are playing festivals throughout June and August around Europe (Germany, Italy, Norway, Portugal) and don’t have anything scheduled beyond the weekend before RES. They’re a definite possibility based on schedules. 

Loyle Carner has no mainland European dates or festivals booked but is active the week before RES at All Points East. Probably nothing more than a maybe.

Los Bitchos only have one current summer show scheduled in Bilbao in July. Unless they suddenly look more active through 2024 you can probably rule them out. 

12 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

Which other festivals have RES consistently had considerable crossover with in previous years?

I'd say they usually share a decent number of names with All Points East, Pukkelpop and Lowlands and a few names with Electric Picnic, Green Man, Way Out West, Oyafestivalen, Flow Festival, Sziget...

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

It's a friend of mine (not sure he is on here though), and defo wild guesses! Or more wishful thinking ! 😄

4 hours ago, gigi21 said:

I'd say they usually share a decent number of names with All Points East

I would love Death Cab, Postal Service, Nation of Language, Nas and Sofia Kourtesis from that APE line up. 

From the others ’few names’ I’d take Johnny Marr, Wet Leg, Overmono, Pulp, J Hus, Four Tet, L’Impératrice and Blondshell. 

Edited by Kaboom Boxer

11 hours ago, Archi said:

The Lana Del Rey day is already soldout. 

Crazy. Billie Eilish or RATM didn't pull that off this fast on their separate days.

Lana easily sold out her Primavera day as well (while the likes of Blur, Kendrick Lamar, Depeche Mode, Rosalia didn't manage to do that last year).  

4 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

Crazy. Billie Eilish or RATM didn't pull that off this fast on their separate days.

Lana easily sold out her Primavera day as well (while the likes of Blur, Kendrick Lamar, Depeche Mode, Rosalia didn't manage to do that last year).  

It’s even crazier when you realise she’s so bad live…

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, matrainertje said:

Exactly. Really surprised. But the biggest surprise for me here is not the fact LDR sold out so quick but the fact it wasn't officialy soldout for Billie Eilish...

40 minutes ago, Archi said:

it wasn't officialy soldout for Billie Eilish

Do you remember if the arena show by Imagine Dragons in the same day have been announced before or after the announcement of the Billie-day at Rock En Seine? Probably some of the potencial Billie's spectators where at ID show.
In addition I'd say most of the people going to RES 2023 where happy with the weekend and choose not to pay for an expensive extra day separated from the weekend (I did so). I can imagine some more people choosing to do the 5 days in a row this year for Lana.