2025 Headliners

Olivia Rodrigo, Foo Fighters, Taylor Swift

Legend: Robbie Williams

Rayes subbing any of the days

Im doubtful on Gaga for 2025, seems more like 2026; when she spins up her next album era likely own shows first before festivals the year after. 2025 might be too soon as she is going to be focusing on promoting Joker 2 later this year.

It still baffles me that she hasnt done it yet. Could have easily done the top slot around Born This Way over 10 years ago.

Edited by FrogLobster

42 minutes ago, charlierc said:

This was the time to try and get a special reduced version of Eras tbf, but I'm aware it was pretty quickly ruled out by the mega-tour block-booking Dublin for a Glasto weekend. I think she'll do it but not for a few years at best.

No idea whether they had that conversation or not, but it wasn't ever plausible and so isn't a "miss" from the festival. There realistically couldn't be a reduced version of Eras, at least not without gigantic artistic compromises from an artist who has a clear vision and doesn't like to make compromises at all.

Only need to watch the concert film to see what a huge production it is with all of the custom staging and a show tightly choreographed around it. 80% of the show doesn't even take place at the traditional "end stage", and that's just about all they'd have available at Glastonbury.

26 minutes ago, incident said:

No idea whether they had that conversation or not, but it wasn't ever plausible and so isn't a "miss" from the festival. There realistically couldn't be a reduced version of Eras, at least not without gigantic artistic compromises from an artist who has a clear vision and doesn't like to make compromises at all.

Only need to watch the concert film to see what a huge production it is with all of the custom staging and a show tightly choreographed around it. 80% of the show doesn't even take place at the traditional "end stage", and that's just about all they'd have available at Glastonbury.

Hence why I was assuming any such conversation was a short one if at all. Presumably the planned 2020 tour that didn't happen would've been a slimmer set-up given that was intended to play a quite other festivals alongside Glastonbury (BST Hyde Park, NOS Alive and Mad Cool were planned I think?)

2 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Hence why I was assuming any such conversation was a short one if at all. Presumably the planned 2020 tour that didn't happen would've been a slimmer set-up given that was intended to play a quite other festivals alongside Glastonbury (BST Hyde Park, NOS Alive and Mad Cool were planned I think?)

Yeah, 2020 was only due to be about 15 dates total across 3 continents, with most of those (at least in Europe) being existing festivals so fairly safe to assume it would have been massively pared back in production terms compared to the enormous stadium tours like Reputation or Eras.

I do think she plays eventually, but certainly not until the dust has settled on Eras and not until the current insane hype has died down a fair bit. Probably it'll need to be outside of a full scale tour, or the tour would need to be a much simplified affair.

Which probably rules her out until 2026 at the absolute minimum and my gut feeling is that it'll be much longer than that.

17 minutes ago, incident said:

Yeah, 2020 was only due to be about 15 dates total across 3 continents, with most of those (at least in Europe) being existing festivals so fairly safe to assume it would have been massively pared back in production terms compared to the enormous stadium tours like Reputation or Eras.

I do think she plays eventually, but certainly not until the dust has settled on Eras and not until the current insane hype has died down a fair bit. Probably it'll need to be outside of a full scale tour, or the tour would need to be a much simplified affair.

Which probably rules her out until 2026 at the absolute minimum and my gut feeling is that it'll be much longer than that.

I don't think she'll be doing it next year tbf. If nothing else after 2 years more or less all about the tour, she's probably earned time off. So yeah, if she is in the chat, it won't be for a little while.

I'm less sure as to who 2025 might be though. I guess we'll see if anything happens like this time when it was clear fairly early on that Dua Lipa and Coldplay would be 2 of the 3 and the other ended up being a bit of a "This guy, no this guy, no this guy, no actually her"

5 hours ago, FrogLobster said:

Olivia Rodrigo, Foo Fighters, Taylor Swift

Legend: Robbie Williams

Rayes subbing any of the days

Im doubtful on Gaga for 2025, seems more like 2026; when she spins up her next album era likely own shows first before festivals the year after. 2025 might be too soon as she is going to be focusing on promoting Joker 2 later this year.

It still baffles me that she hasnt done it yet. Could have easily done the top slot around Born This Way over 10 years ago.

Foos at Reading. If this is direction wise how they are going and they've allowed the weaker bookings to happen for that to happen then any chance of Olivia, Foos and Swift is a no go. Swift can still milk tour galore plus I doubt she'll be active in 2025.

8 minutes ago, Aromaticmusic1 said:

What’s making people think foos are at reading

Literally just the one guy above and he’s being over dramatic about Glastonbury‘s pulling power because of this years lineup. Foos could easily still do it. I don’t think it will be them next year, but if the festival asked I’m sure they’d agree.

2 hours ago, Aromaticmusic1 said:

What’s making people think foos are at reading

2 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Literally just the one guy above and he’s being over dramatic about Glastonbury‘s pulling power because of this years lineup. Foos could easily still do it. I don’t think it will be them next year, but if the festival asked I’m sure they’d agree.

Not a lot imo. I think it's a hunch more than anything.

I think there's every possibility Foos will be off for 2025 given I think they're still adjusting in a way to losing Taylor plus they toured a lot in 2023/24. But then they are the kind of band that would just carry on touring regardless.

... saying that I told a friend I could get tickets to their Cardiff show so that's on the list of riddles to figure out.

Sam Fender

hes just posted an instagram story of them recording and playing back a new song. Probably he most commercial thing he’s done and in a good way. If it’s an indication of new album it will sell as much if not more than last. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, charlierc said:

Some seem to think Foos for Reading 2025 might be also possible.

Could be either/or imo.

Oh don’t say that means I’ll have to volunteer there again next year! lol Was going to be my last one this year for the Prodigy 

Foo Fighters can get to f**k please.

Think at least one of 2025 or 2026 will have 2 female headliners based on the fact Emily said they might have all 3 one year.

Sam Fender I agree has to do it in the next 2 years surely. 

Olivia Rodrigo/ Madonna/ Sam Fender  

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, charlierc said:

Not a lot imo. I think it's a hunch more than anything.

I think there's every possibility Foos will be off for 2025 given I think they're still adjusting in a way to losing Taylor plus they toured a lot in 2023/24. But then they are the kind of band that would just carry on touring regardless.

... saying that I told a friend I could get tickets to their Cardiff show so that's on the list of riddles to figure out.

Given how long their tours usually are and htey are only just hitting the UK this June after the album out last June, my bet would be Reading 2025 to wrap up the tour.

7 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

2025: Dave / Olivia Rodrigo / Foo Fighters
2026: The 1975 / Sam Fender / Beyonce
2027: Raye / Harry Styles / Radiohead

If Sam Fender is writing again as I just read then I don't see Glastonbury not going in for him and him not saying yes, it's not like he's going to be doing Reading and BST doesn't rule out Glastonbury.

But there is going to be an all female lineup in the next two years I think. Raye, Rihanna and Ariana Grande to all play over the next two years. 

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

If Sam Fender is writing again as I just read then I don't see Glastonbury not going in for him and him not saying yes, it's not like he's going to be doing Reading and BST doesn't rule out Glastonbury.

He's already said a new album is coming this year. Both previous albums have long legs and just keep selling. Listening to the snippets on his SM he's not going leftfield and it sounds like him but even bigger so 2015 would be perfect. 

2 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

He's already said a new album is coming this year. Both previous albums have long legs and just keep selling. Listening to the snippets on his SM he's not going leftfield and it sounds like him but even bigger so 2015 would be perfect. 

What his new song?, I've heard Iris and the one with Noah Kahn?

Yeah I'd put him down as very likely myself and I don't think Dave is returning to do anything but headline....to big for anything else now except for BST which again doesn't rule him out and he only did Reading in 2022. Add Olivia to that and you've got a new young rapper, female pop star and singer male guitarist....I'm not really sure what he classes as. But the only person I see taking one of those places is Rihanna. I couldn't justify those 3 personally and wouldn't probably take the hit.