Sale Date Change

CaledonianGonzo

I imagine this has been discussed to death now given we're on page 15 but I thought I'd chime in with my experience.

First things first - I'm very organised when it comes to Glastonbury, verging on OCD, like most of us here on efests.

I did as I was told and re-registered my details and also received email confirmation to state all was well and good. I even did a manual look up to confirm my account was still there (there's the OCD). A few days later, I got that rather opaque email about accounts being deleted. So, again, I jumped on to the site and confirmed my account was still there. All was good.

Fast forward to Tuesday (I've been working abroad for the last month), and our Glasto WhatsGroup is alive with preparations. As I do each year (because I was nearly stung by a friend who mistyped their postcode into our Glasto spreadsheet), I starting checking all accounts - begining with my own. When the look up brought up nothing, I requested that my details to be emailed to me. This is when I got the terrible news and was met with a warning to say there as no account associated with my email address... after registration had closed.

Following advise on here, I emailed See Tickets that night and received a response first thing Wednesday morning - like, 09:02am, first thing. No questioning, just send on your details and a photo. Within 30 mins a new account was created for me. Clearly, I wasn't the first person to come to them with this problem.

Taking the decision to delay ticket sales, with 4 hours notice, is pretty major. This wasn't just a handful of accounts deleted nor was people not paying attention to the vast amount of notice we got to re-register. This looks to be a pretty siginificant issue at See Tickets.

I get the frustration from some but it felt pretty awful to find my account was deleted. However, I too had planned everything around this weekend (as I was unaware my account was deleted) and now will be on holidays on the otherside of the world with terrible internet for the new resale date.

TL;DR - The whole thing has been a complete shambles (however hat tip to See Tickets Customer Support who sorted my new account so quickly!).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I've been bitten by only having one reg no in the past - that's why I have more than one....

The reason I do is because "If you get to the payments page your reg number is locked" this allows time for the payment to go through and prevents multiple purchases, remember you get a message if someone on your booking page already has a ticket....

So if the payment process fails (eg at the bank auth stage) - your reg number is still locked for a period of time, which means you're knackered as by the time its unlocked the festival is probably sold out - This has happened to our group twice in the past so we all have two reg nos.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Genuinely curious - what’s so hard about the Green Man sale? It never struck me as a festival that would sell out instantly but maybe I’m way off base on that. 

Its sold out within a day the past few times but takes hours. It's not a difficult on sale. 

Edited by Fish Bulb

2 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Genuinely curious - what’s so hard about the Green Man sale? It never struck me as a festival that would sell out instantly but maybe I’m way off base on that. 

You definitely are. 

It's just as bad as Glastonbury in terms of having to be ready on the day, but instead of a system that works, it has possibly the worst ticketing system in the world.

Six times I went through checkout, money out of the bank three of the six times, and still didn't get tickets.

There's no guarantee until you get an email about an hour or two later that you're successful 

1 minute ago, FloopFiller said:

It’s been bad last couple of years due to systems crashing/throwing you out etc. Took me 3 hours this year. Got tickets paid and showing as pending in my bank but still managed to lose them. Eventually landed em though. Nowhere near as bad as Glasto but just irritating and time consuming. Also whoever really wants one can wait and pick up one on Twickets, unlike Glasto. 

Just now, Fish Bulb said:

I don't need to read a thread when I have plenty of first hand experience, cheers. 

Do you apply that to all aspects of life?

I don't believe anyone's been to the moon, as I haven't personally.

It's an objectively worse ticketing system than Glastonbury, if you disagree give some examples of problems with the Glastonbury buying system?

3 minutes ago, SighMo said:

Nowhere near as bad as Glasto but just irritating and time consuming. Also whoever really wants one can wait and pick up one on Twickets, unlike Glasto. 

This nails it. And I didn't even consider the resale availability. 

If you're reasonably persistent and prepared you'll get tickets. Unlike Glasto. 

2 minutes ago, Fish Bulb said:

This nails it. And I didn't even consider the resale availability. 

If you're reasonably persistent and prepared you'll get tickets. Unlike Glasto. 

Hahaha I can't even handle the levels of idiocy on here anymore.

So everyone who tried for Greenman got tickets? Jesus wept. This is like an early 00's web forum full of contrarian teenagers

1 minute ago, Fish Bulb said:

Are you actually this dense, or putting on an act? Either way it's impressive. 

Still waiting on those problems with Glastonbury ticket sales that make it worse than Greenman, but just stick with insults if you prefer.

Just waiting on my Greenman tickets with the thousands of others who "just weren't persistent enough" 

5 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Still waiting on those problems with Glastonbury ticket sales that make it worse than Greenman, but just stick with insults if you prefer.

Just waiting on my Greenman tickets with the thousands of others who "just weren't persistent enough" 

I guess the sale you fail in is worse. 

Good luck in the glasto sale. 

Just now, Fish Bulb said:

I guess the sale you fail in is worse. 

Good luck in the glasto sale. 

Jesus. I'll give up after this as, despite your projection onto others, thinking clearly isn't your strong point.

Are you less likely to get a ticket for Glastonbury? Yes, due to sheer numbers. 

Did I say that at any point? No, yet you keep deflecting to this for some insane reason.

The Seetickets system works well, you join the queue and roll the dice.

Greenman is a shambles, site goes down, orders don't complete, money taken from accounts but no order etc. so you need double the funds.

10 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Jesus. I'll give up after this as, despite your projection onto others, thinking clearly isn't your strong point.

Are you less likely to get a ticket for Glastonbury? Yes, due to sheer numbers. 

Did I say that at any point? No, yet you keep deflecting to this for some insane reason.

The Seetickets system works well, you join the queue and roll the dice.

Greenman is a shambles, site goes down, orders don't complete, money taken from accounts but no order etc. so you need double the funds.

It's a circular argument isn't it? Neither of us knows how many people try for each sale, and what ratio are successful for either. I'd say we need this data to say which is objectively the better system. 

You seem to have anecdotal evidence of issues with the Green Man system. (And I assume first hand issues previously too?) There have also been technical issues with previous Glasto sales (particularly payments failing or the site crashing at that stage, hence the new system for resales last year). 

So again, good luck with the Glasto sale. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Clouds said:

Huh? It quite frequently fails to even load the holding page for many people and then when you do get through to the reg page you often end up doing a dance of death watching timed out pages and clicking back and forward hoping it might work. I’d sat that classes as a fold

2 hours ago, CH0161 said:

I’d disagree and say it does fold. I appreciate the overwhelming numbers but there is plenty of other platforms who handle heavy traffic in a more effective way. The majority of the time you can’t even load the page, never mind getting to the refreshing page. Then when you finally do get through, there is no hold on the tickets you have landed, pretty much every other ticketing site has an allotted time for you to secure your purchase.

Ticketmaster isn’t much better but at least you have an idea whether you have a chance or not- instant rejection is a lot better than the long drawn out gradual disappointment that we get with the current outdated see tickets system.

The outcome is the same. The current system rewards perseverance imo. TM will give you a random queue number whereas with Seetickets at least there is some sort of strategy to it and people that are committed have more chance. People want a different system to have more chance for their self. It's impossible though cause of supply and demand. 

Why is a crashed page any worse than getting 500k in the queue? Same oucome.

• Upvote 1