Creeper On The Hell Stage 4am

CaledonianGonzo

Constant ongoing death match for the Worst Band Playing Glastonbury 2024.  Just when you think it's a done deal a new contender comes along to up the stakes.

Acoustic plays Scouting for Girls, Stornoway and an Acoustic Set by Ocean Colour Scene.  Coming back stronger, Field of Avalon lays down The Feeling and BC Camplight. 

Then Shangri-La ups the stakes by deploying a Royal Sampler shouting about hot meals.

Other Stage laughs up its sleeve, cos it knows everyone's forgotten they're already holding Idles, Disclosure and The National trumps.

• Like 1

If an acoustic set by Ocean Colour Scene - in the year of twenty twenty four ffs -  isnt the worst possible potential activity of the glastonbury weekend then i'm a dutchman. And that includes all volunteering and working shifts. 

• Upvote 1

Two words, my friends, all run and hide from the sheer self-unaware nepo baby to outdo all other nepo babies that is

Baxter Dury.

Even on a farm that has cows dropping fresh sloppy cowpats all over the shop for 10 months of the years, he'll still stink the place out.

• Upvote 1

I think you are all overlooking Woodsies' claim for booking the most talentless and uninspiring act on the planet in Sleaford Mods.  A terrible DJ pushing awful tracks and a roided up maniac shouting over them in a midlands accent.  Actually painful to listen to.

Edited by 4AssedMonkey

21 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I think you are all overlooking Woodsies' claim for booking the most talentless and uninspiring act on the planet in Sleaford Mods.  A terrible DJ pushing awful tracks and a roided up maniac shouting over them in a midlands accent.  Actually painful to listen to.

No, they're funny. In the same way that Spinal Tap is/are funny. 

big bottom is an absolute banger tbf, Sleaford Mods wont ever be able to get within a hundred miles of such a tune. Didnt Spinal Tap play early on the pyramid one year? That needs to happen again! 

Just now, balti-pie said:

big bottom is an absolute banger tbf, Sleaford Mods wont ever be able to get within a hundred miles of such a tune. Didnt Spinal Tap play early on the pyramid one year? That needs to happen again! 

You cannot compare that sh*t to the Mighty Tap.  England's most punctual band!  I saw them on the pyramid and loved it TBF.  One of the best comedy films ever made.  

Working through the acts so far, I happened across D-Block Europe, utilising an auto tune to levels that actually made me feel queasy to listen to it. I thought that had to be the low point, even on a bill contraining Anne-Marie and comedy dance troupe Confidence Man, but then I remembered Faithless were all set to draw a massive crowd to a sh*t stage by somehow pumping out massive turds stored on a USB. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nuthugger said:

if we are talking talentless, mik artistik gets my vote (will be playing about 15 sets there I imagine)

sleaford mods are legends!!

Get to f**k.  Stealing money they are.  My dog has more musical talent.

3 hours ago, Mardy said:

Two words, my friends, all run and hide from the sheer self-unaware nepo baby to outdo all other nepo babies that is

Baxter Dury.

Even on a farm that has cows dropping fresh sloppy cowpats all over the shop for 10 months of the years, he'll still stink the place out.

I was not happy that he was Pulp's support in Manchester last year. 

Pretty much lived down to expectations

3 hours ago, Nuthugger said:

if we are talking talentless, mik artistik gets my vote (will be playing about 15 sets there I imagine)

sleaford mods are legends!!

Love Sleaford mods! I will be there 100 percent. Should be headlining instead Gossip.

• Upvote 1

Beyond me that anyone with 100% working ears could enjoy Sleaford Mods. Accidentally walked past their sets previously and wanted to scream at them to shut the f**k up. Awful noise pollution bollocks.

16 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Because they have the audacity to be white men over 50 playing guitars, or because you don't like them personally?

15 hours ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Get to f**k.  Stealing money they are.  My dog has more musical talent.

i think you need context for them. midlands underclass slippin through the cracks of society vibe. their stuff really strikes a chord with some things ive seen and experienced. i have a middleclass friend in winchester who really doesnt get them.

18 hours ago, balti-pie said:

ST were 2009. Was absolutely brilliant. So hot that afternoon too

9 hours ago, Alex DeLarge said:

Sleaford Mods are a laugh. Don't think they take themselves seriously enough to warrant the hate tbh.

My problem with them isn’t whether or not it’s tongue in cheek, ironic or whatever. I’m working class from Sheffield and grew up through the miners strike, so it ain’t a class issue either. They just sound dog awful and I wish they would shut the f**k up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

My problem with them isn’t whether or not it’s tongue in cheek, ironic or whatever. I’m working class from Sheffield and grew up through the miners strike, so it ain’t a class issue either. They just sound dog awful and I wish they would shut the f**k up.

It's not for you then. Go watch something else mate.