2024 Ticket Buying Tips

parsonjack

26 minutes ago, Time Being said:

Here's one I've never seen people talk about. What exact time does the sale start? A while ago I learned that with Ticketmaster here in the US, you needed to pull up a government clock and click reload exactly between 2 and 3 seconds after the hour to get in. Too soon and you would be locked out, too later and others would have gotten 'in' before you. I've always wondered when exactly See opens it up as it could give you an advantage.

This is interesting as I always thought the page was coded to go live at bang on 18:00. How watertight do you reckon the ticket buying process is these days I.e no back way in or getting to a page before it should go live?

49 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Personally.....I will have 3 browsers open on a single device, each refreshing every 4 seconds.  That gives the window time to load and cumulatively doesn't breach the 60/min hit limit.

Do you recommend using all the same web browsers for this? Or different ones per browser (e.g Chrome, Firefox etc) thanks 🙏🏻 

54 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Also just checked and noticed that Seetickets does not like VPNs.

It's only certain VPN exit nodes.  I use Sharksurf and it's the ones labelled as virtual (https://support.surfshark.com/hc/en-us/articles/360023512493-What-are-virtual-servers-) that seem to trigger the VPN warning.  The real physical ones work ok.

28 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

The front page (https://glastonbury.seetickets.com) should be updated with links to either the Coach sales (tonight) or GA tickets (Sunday) at 1800 and 0900 respectively.  It almost certainly happens automatically so will likely occur in line with server time.

Those links direct to the pages where you put in registration details, which are most likely set to become live just before the front page is updated to redirect to them.

There is good theory therefore that if you know the actual registration page URL it might be possible to get a session a second or 2 before 1800/0900......the only barrier being we don't (yet) know the URL.....

Last year I refreshed and got through before 9am. I was able to put in everyone's details, but couldn't get any further. Whether that was down to getting in early or I was just unlucky with getting through to payment, I don't know.

What the actual hell - this has really pissed me off. 

How can you announce 4 hours before ticket sales that people who haven't bothered to read the multiple emails about your reg details that you're gonna accommodate them. 

They never have an issue to sell out. If you didn't bother updating them, you clearly didn't care enough 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

What the actual hell - this has really pissed me off. 

How can you announce 4 hours before ticket sales that people who haven't bothered to read the multiple emails about your reg details that you're gonna accommodate them. 

They never have an issue to sell out. If you didn't bother updating them, you clearly didn't care enough 

I can only assume a large enough number are saying they did the confirmation and it got deleted anyway. Otherwise it’s really sh*t on people who are organised and planned around this properly. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, t0paz said:

I can only assume a large enough number are saying they did the confirmation and it got deleted anyway. Otherwise it’s really sh*t on people who are organised and planned around this properly. 

But then sell Half now, sell other half in two weeks. 

People see the BBC alert and go on then, I'll give It a go. Our chances, the people who actually made all the effort, get screwed 

Honestly livid, I dont think it fair, I dont think its fair 4 hours before it goes on sale.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, glast0gal said:

This is interesting as I always thought the page was coded to go live at bang on 18:00. How watertight do you reckon the ticket buying process is these days I.e no back way in or getting to a page before it should go live?

No idea, but the key with the ticketmaster thing was using the government clock, not another one such as the one on your computer as it's not as 100% accurate.

2 hours ago, pops1998 said:

Do you recommend using all the same web browsers for this? Or different ones per browser (e.g Chrome, Firefox etc) thanks 🙏🏻 

I use Chrome for all of them.  You'll see folks suggesting why splitting across different browsers could give you an edge as they *could* be seen by See as separate sessions and therefore allow you a greater F5 rate but it's mostly anecdotal.

2 hours ago, aj6658 said:

On the 60 per minute refresh limit. Is that split by person and by session.

What I mean is if there are two of us and we both have two windows trying would it be - 60/ (2 people x 2 windows) = 15  times per minutes 

Reasonable evidence to suggest it's per device....so if there's 2 of you with 2 windows open each you could refresh each window at 30/min.  Yes that would equate to 120/min overall on same IP if you're on a shared wifi connection but it's reasonably certain See differentiate between devices on that similar IP so you should be ok.

If in doubt then have one device on WiFi and the second on a 4/5G hotspot so you definitely then have 2 distinct IP's.

22 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Reasonable evidence to suggest it's per device....so if there's 2 of you with 2 windows open each you could refresh each window at 30/min.  Yes that would equate to 120/min overall on same IP if you're on a shared wifi connection but it's reasonably certain See differentiate between devices on that similar IP so you should be ok.

If in doubt then have one device on WiFi and the second on a 4/5G hotspot so you definitely then have 2 distinct IP's.

But how would see be able to differentiate if they can only see a Public IP?

Another question, do you wait until the page fully loads before refreshing again? Important for auto-refresh

2 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

Best guess is some form of browser fingerprinting.

Though that could take any number of forms, so is still an exceptionally vague answer.

7 hours ago, incident said:

Best guess is some form of browser fingerprinting.

Though that could take any number of forms, so is still an exceptionally vague answer.

See don't do fingerprinting (yet)

Ticketmaster are trialling it on sold out / resale events , mainly because of the uptick in monitors and bots targetting Taylor Swift

8 hours ago, mpdow2 said:

Another question, do you wait until the page fully loads before refreshing again? Important for auto-refresh

I can't find the recent post right now (so apologies to the author...) but the best theory at present is that See use the Port number assigned to each data connection using a shared Public IP address to differentiate between devices using that Public IP address.  The port number is assigned to each outgoing connection by the router, and is included within the data that See receive, and they can therefore differentiate accordingly.  The port number then allows the router to pass returning traffic to the correct Private IP address.

For what it’s worth, here’s my advice/tips which I share with my group. Happy for folks to respond with amendments which could improve it, and really happy if it helps anyone else!

Prior to starting, make sure you have everything ready. Clear your browser cache, make sure there are batteries in keyboards/mice, charge your phone/IPad/Laptop, been to the loo - all basic stuff. Minimise any possible distractions - unplug phone, switch off telly, etc

Initially, You’ll probably get a holding page, saying the site is busy, but hit F5 on Windows, Cmd-R on Mac rather than wait the 20 seconds. However - don’t be so manic with the refresh that you refresh past the page when/if you get through! There’s a throttle limit of 60 attempts per minute anyway, if you try more frequently, it’ll lock you out as it suspects you are a computer bot and not a person. Slow and steady wins the race here.

If you get through to next page, take a deep breath, type swiftly and accurately - you’ll have 6 minutes to  enter the Registration numbers and postcodes, then the details on the payment page. Lead booker will be whoever card you are paying with. Keep trying, they usually sell out in under 25 minutes. It’s very stressful (well for me anyway). You may wish to have the Reg numbers, postcodes and card payments number in a spreadsheet in a separate window and cut/paste if you think this is quicker. Don’t panic. (Although I will). I can’t remember the exact sequence of the pages, but it’s fairly self explanatory if we’re lucky enough to get this far.

I usually toggle between two different browsers on my Mac - Safari and Firefox, my phone (on 4G) and my IPad all trying at the same time. The more devices, from multiple IP addresses the better. We only need to be lucky once. Very, very important - keep trying, even after the sold out comes up, if you still have the holding page. I have twice got tickets after they claimed to be sold out on twitter.

Please don’t try to communicate with each other via EMail.Text or Whats App until it’s over. There’s nothing more frustrating than being distracted by an “OMG, this is a nightmare” text when you’re on the flippin payment page. The only contact I want to hear during the process is YIPPEEE! I’ve got them!!! Couple of other things....if you hang on the registration or payment pages, DO NOT refresh. Use the back button. Also, on the final page I think, there’s a box asking if you want to purchase a water bottle, don’t do this. One year it caused problems during payment, and if you want a bottle you can get one on the farm. There’s also one or two of the accept terms and conditions, and perhaps a pledge to leave no trace on the farm which do need ticked. Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

For what it’s worth, here’s my advice/tips which I share with my group. Happy for folks to respond with amendments which could improve it, and really happy if it helps anyone else!

Prior to starting, make sure you have everything ready. Clear your browser cache, make sure there are batteries in keyboards/mice, charge your phone/IPad/Laptop, been to the loo - all basic stuff. Minimise any possible distractions - unplug phone, switch off telly, etc

Initially, You’ll probably get a holding page, saying the site is busy, but hit F5 on Windows, Cmd-R on Mac rather than wait the 20 seconds. However - don’t be so manic with the refresh that you refresh past the page when/if you get through! There’s a throttle limit of 60 attempts per minute anyway, if you try more frequently, it’ll lock you out as it suspects you are a computer bot and not a person. Slow and steady wins the race here.

If you get through to next page, take a deep breath, type swiftly and accurately - you’ll have 6 minutes to  enter the Registration numbers and postcodes, then the details on the payment page. Lead booker will be whoever card you are paying with. Keep trying, they usually sell out in under 25 minutes. It’s very stressful (well for me anyway). You may wish to have the Reg numbers, postcodes and card payments number in a spreadsheet in a separate window and cut/paste if you think this is quicker. Don’t panic. (Although I will). I can’t remember the exact sequence of the pages, but it’s fairly self explanatory if we’re lucky enough to get this far.

I usually toggle between two different browsers on my Mac - Safari and Firefox, my phone (on 4G) and my IPad all trying at the same time. The more devices, from multiple IP addresses the better. We only need to be lucky once. Very, very important - keep trying, even after the sold out comes up, if you still have the holding page. I have twice got tickets after they claimed to be sold out on twitter.

Please don’t try to communicate with each other via EMail.Text or Whats App until it’s over. There’s nothing more frustrating than being distracted by an “OMG, this is a nightmare” text when you’re on the flippin payment page. The only contact I want to hear during the process is YIPPEEE! I’ve got them!!! Couple of other things....if you hang on the registration or payment pages, DO NOT refresh. Use the back button. Also, on the final page I think, there’s a box asking if you want to purchase a water bottle, don’t do this. One year it caused problems during payment, and if you want a bottle you can get one on the farm. There’s also one or two of the accept terms and conditions, and perhaps a pledge to leave no trace on the farm which do need ticked. Good luck!

Surely nobody can read that without feeling slightly breathless? 🙂