Rock for People 2024

Flick22

Rock am Ring / im Park announcement:

I see strong possibility of Maneskin being the next headliner for RfP.

from other names I would see having:  Dropkick Murphys, Babymetal, Guano Apes, Enter Shikari, Royal Republic and Leoniden

image.png.f4d70d5439128330ad45f7e081e32ee2.png

Edited by lukatej
a
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, lukatej said:

from other names I would see having:  Dropkick Murphys, Babymetal, Guano Apes, Enter Shikari, Royal Republic and Leoniden

And that's why they dropped it all together. Mudvayne is a great inclusion. Overall it is okay, Mudvayne my only real act on Friday with Maneskin and Corey Sunday. 

21 hours ago, lukatej said:

God please no

I'd take Enter Shikari, Beartooth, Crosses, Leoniden and Polyphia

I wouldn't be surprised/disappointed to see Maneskin headliner here too. And what about Sum 41 for their last festival show ever in the country?! I can't see right now other bands than ManeskinSum 41Queens Of The Stone Age and Avenged Sevenfold to take the last spots.

2 hours ago, Archi said:

I wouldn't be surprised/disappointed to see Maneskin headliner here too. And what about Sum 41 for their last festival show ever in the country?! I can't see right now other bands than ManeskinSum 41Queens Of The Stone Age and Avenged Sevenfold to take the last spots.

I just don't think they would give Queens of The Stone Age the headliner spot. I know they've headlined before but that was ages ago when the festival wasn't that big + they had really small crowd. And last time they played in Czechia, they didn't even sell out 3k venue and we have Avril as a sub who played in much bigger venue.

We might get Maneskin and Avenged Sevenfold as headliners, the question is why would they wait for another month to announce them?

Sum 41 are festival favourites but played last year, might be too soon for them to return. Could see them playing a different festival this time.

I still believe we'll get at least one headliner that hasn't announced their tour yet. And it doesn't necessarily have to be a rock/metal band. Post Malone maybe?

1 minute ago, Newjem said:

I just don't think they would give Queens of The Stone Age the headliner spot. I know they've headlined before but that was ages ago when the festival wasn't that big + they had really small crowd. And last time they played in Czechia, they didn't even sell out 3k venue and we have Avril as a sub who played in much bigger venue.

We might get Maneskin and Avenged Sevenfold as headliners, the question is why would they wait for another month to announce them?

Sum 41 are festival favourites but played last year, might be too soon for them to return. Could see them playing a different festival this time.

I still believe we'll get at least one headliner that hasn't announced their tour yet. And it doesn't necessarily have to be a rock/metal band. Post Malone maybe?

If they announce Post Malone on this with all the nice acts around, I'll take my ticket the moment it's announced! Would be sick. And I agree it's a bit weird they haven't announced them yet. But many festivals haven't announced sh*t so far including festivals like Graspop when it's 99.99% sure Avenged Sevenfold are gonna play!

Every year is different, look at Nova or RaR/RiP - last year they were super late with announcements, but this year they took a different approach and announced majority/all acts super early. RaR/RiP announcing the whole lineup is a bit shocking tbh, I am quite curious how it's going to work for them. It's my favorite festival but last year's attendance was much smaller despite great lineup, at least for my tastes. They even ran 30% discount campaign...

RfP is quite consistent with their announcements, as they have first batch of the names Sep/Oct, followed by advent calendar with 24 names in December. I don't think their key audience are efest readers so they stick to what their fans love 😉

Regarding the names, I don't think they will announce Posty. I would personally love that but he's nowhere around. Perhaps they share someone with Prima which is announcing late Nov? We will see in a month but I am looking forward to the festival nonetheless, I always enjoy the smaller names the most and RfP doesn't disappoint in that.

• Upvote 1

On 11/3/2023 at 6:16 PM, Newjem said:

I think the answer is simple, they wait month for the announcement because they want to announce it in advent calendar, I think Maneskin will be one of the first names which will be there and they are the reason why they extended the festival for the Wednesday.

Agree with Sum41, they book them everytime they are around as people love them. They were on festival 2 years ago, so its probable.

Avenged would be other headliner, while last one would be complete surprise I guess 😀

Edited by lukatej
Sum41