Rock for People 2024

Flick22

10 minutes ago, Newjem said:

That’s baaad… 🙄

Why? They played last time in 2016 and it's a different name from the other rock oriented early June festivals. I think they will go down quite well with the crowd.

Don't get me wrong, I would love Radiohead/Tool or something similar but this season looks quite dire for June festivals, so this is a good start imho. And hey, still 23 names to go 😉

5 minutes ago, Ferda said:

Why? They played last time in 2016 and it's a different name from the other rock oriented early June festivals. I think they will go down quite well with the crowd.

Don't get me wrong, I would love Radiohead/Tool or something similar but this season looks quite dire for June festivals, so this is a good start imho. And hey, still 23 names to go 😉

Last time they played in 2016, the concert was quite terrible, you could see that they were getting little bit old for that.

But maybe it was just their bad day and their show will be good one in 24

16 minutes ago, Ferda said:

They’re not big, relevant nor good as a live band. Saw them in 2016 and it was very disappointing, I would rather have Avril or Pendulum as a headliner and the festival could’ve saved some money and my ears 😅

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Newjem said:

They’re not big, relevant nor good as a live band. Saw them in 2016 and it was very disappointing, I would rather have Avril or Pendulum as a headliner and the festival could’ve saved some money and my ears 😅

This gives me idea that Pendulum will have late night special, meaning that they have to play the last on main stage, so Maybe Offspring will be playing at subhead time, but just credited as headliners.

but I agree that their concert was very bad last time sadly..

18 minutes ago, Newjem said:

I see your point, we are not in principal disagreement. Just bringing a number perspective - their Spotify numbers are equal Avril, 10x bigger than PWD and 1,5x bigger than BMTH. I understand that term 'big' is subjective but I guess their Spotify number put them pretty close 😉

Anyway, I am looking forward to undercards, they are always much more interesting bunch than headliners. Today's announcement of EOST is brilliant!

24 minutes ago, Ferda said:

I see your point, we are not in principal disagreement. Just bringing a number perspective - their Spotify numbers are equal Avril, 10x bigger than PWD and 1,5x bigger than BMTH. I understand that term 'big' is subjective but I guess their Spotify number put them pretty close 😉

Anyway, I am looking forward to undercards, they are always much more interesting bunch than headliners. Today's announcement of EOST is brilliant!

Spotify numbers are irelevant when it comes to concerts and festivals in Czechia/Central Europe. The 1975 are a great example, 13M monthly listers, yet they had a really small crowd at RfP. Rammstein have even less monthly listeners than both The 1975 and The Offspring but could any of them sell 100k tickets in Prague like Rammstein usually do? I guess not. Even Avril and BMTH played in larger venues than The Offspring.

I'm not saying they won't have a large crowd but I feel it's a downgrade from Green Day, FOB, Slipknot and Muse from previous editions. And it seems most of the people in the comment section feel the same way...

RFP 2016 was awful, but the other CZ headline shows were actually good.

I think, that there are not so many headliner options this year and maybe they want to differ from Nova Rock and the others? It probably can't be Green Day again, Avenged Sevenfold... I feel they are not strong in the CZ market, the same was with QOTSA and they are already at Colours... FF probably too expensive and not available. RHCP, SOAD not touring.

Just plz don't have Limp Bizkit 😅

Well, I guess the supply is quite weak for first part of June. I would say unusually weak. RaR/RiP and Download are prime examples. Novarock won a jackpot bringing all strong names together but some repeats are crazy...

As much I would love RfP to surprise us I wouldn't hold my breath. I am hoping for some interesting undercard and fresh small names, headliners are a bonus for me.

Edited by Ferda

10 minutes ago, Ferda said:

Well, I guess the supply is quite weak for first part of June. I would say unusually weak. RaR/RiP and Download are prime examples. Novarock won a jackpot bringing all strong names together but some repeats are crazy...

TBH don't see much difference between RAR/RIP and Nova Rock. For me the trump card of Nova Rock is Jane's Addiction, and they'll probably clash with Green Day. BMTH played RAR/RIP last year, no reason to repeat so soon (although I wouldn't mind). Same with Sum 41. Other main differences are Avril and Alice Cooper, and that's probably all.

Then RAR/RIP have QOTSA and some interesting undercards like 311, L.S. Dunes. I would say both festivals have equally strong lineups and RFP as usual will try to take the best available from them. 

IMO in the end Måneskin will be the third headliner as they have some connection with promoters (worked on Prague arena show and 2021 festival), fourth one is a pure guess, maybe Avenged Sevenfold, maybe The National (if The Offspring can why can't they), maybe even Fall Out Boy or Pantera from Download lineup...