Rock for People 2024

Flick22

On 9/25/2023 at 11:43 PM, Newjem said:

No, doesn't fit the festival.

Well, something tells me (source close to the festival), he would have been there as a headliner, if the touring logistics would fit it better.

Anyway he is announced for the solo show in the Festival Park.

Ed Sheeran in Hradec Králové...who would have thought this would ever happen 😄 

394314134_666443205265859_3732946490497298384_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, kjvffm said:

Is there any insight as to who else could be playing next year? If I had to guess at another headliner I would think Avenged Sevenfold could well appear, beyond that I have no idea.

BMTH ?

QOTSA ?

Greenday ?

Edited by MK1

Well, I wouldn't hold my breath for A7X as they don't shift tickets in Czechia. Last time they played they struggled to sell 3K. GD is a possibility but I doubt it as they were there in 2022 so it may be too early. 

Smashing Pumpkins are around, as well as QOTSA. From Hu/So line up, I wouldn't be surprised if The Offspring show up as last time they played in 2016 and they have a good relationship with festival. Personally, I would enjoy Avril Lavigne 😉

My guess would be one big name which didnt announce the tour yet (could be Pearl Jam?, SOAD, ..) as they extended the festival for the Wednesday for having the name.

i agree with QoTSA and Avril as people like her here and she fits the older group style. Or National.

Also the Offspring and Pumpkins are the option (but I hope not)

For sub name PJ Harvey 

Smaller name would be Leoniden as people request it a lot

Edited by lukatej
Missing name

10 hours ago, Ferda said:

Well, I wouldn't hold my breath for A7X as they don't shift tickets in Czechia. Last time they played they struggled to sell 3K. GD is a possibility but I doubt it as they were there in 2022 so it may be too early. 

Smashing Pumpkins are around, as well as QOTSA. From Hu/So line up, I wouldn't be surprised if The Offspring show up as last time they played in 2016 and they have a good relationship with festival. Personally, I would enjoy Avril Lavigne 😉

QOTSA also struggled to sell 3000 tickets last time they played in Prague. I guess it all depends on how much they ask for a show.

2 hours ago, foolee said:

Could Fall Out Boy and Green Day both do it again? 

Unlike other festivals, RFP isn't teasing an announcement on Thursday. Also too early for Green Day to return, so I'm pretty sure it's not them. Same for Fall Out Boy, also they are still finishing their European tour right now

Unfortunately that probably rules out the big names which will be announced days later on other big festivals.

I think we will have one mediocre head or more smaller names with more announced with advent calendar starting 1/12.

Any lucky guess? Mine would be Queens of Stone Age or Offspring.

46 minutes ago, lukatej said:

Unfortunately that probably rules out the big names which will be announced days later on other big festivals.

I think we will have one mediocre head or more smaller names with more announced with advent calendar starting 1/12.

Any lucky guess? Mine would be Queens of Stone Age or Offspring.

The other festivals are waiting for Green Day which were already unlikely.

18 minutes ago, lukatej said:

RaR is announcing whole lineup, there will be more big names than just a Green Day

Yes but the reason they're announcing on that day and hour are Green Day. RfP could easily share the other headliners and announce them a day earlier.

47 minutes ago, Newjem said:

Yes but the reason they're announcing on that day and hour are Green Day. RfP could easily share the other headliners and announce them a day earlier.

It could be like you write, but from my perspective it seems somehow unlikely that they would let unnanounced big name to be announced one/two days before festivals like RaR & NovaRock.

on the other hand, Roskilde is announcing names tomorrow..

whats your guess for the RfP announcement?

19 hours ago, lukatej said:

whats your guess for the RfP announcement?

Honestly, I have no idea who could be headlining. I feel like Avril has to be there, seems like a perfect fit. Wild guess - Macklemore. And I'm gonna go with Against The Current/Babymetal/coldrain/Dropkick Murphys/Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes/Ice Nine Kills/Missio/nothing,nowhere./Static Dress for the undercard.

1 hour ago, Newjem said:

Honestly, I have no idea who could be headlining. I feel like Avril has to be there, seems like a perfect fit. Wild guess - Macklemore. And I'm gonna go with Against The Current/Babymetal/coldrain/Dropkick Murphys/Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes/Ice Nine Kills/Missio/nothing,nowhere./Static Dress for the undercard.

I think that Macklemore is more likely for Metronome as he was supposed to play there during Covid, so if he will be around, he will likely play there.

strongly agree with Avril Lavigne, there is no one that fits better.

From FB we know that we get more names tomorrow, so fingers crossed 😀