Green Man 2024

bexj

Got my ticket for 2024, never been before and really excited. Heard amazing things from mates.

Can see a choice of Pixies/PJ Harvey/Pulp?/Massive Attack/Idles/The Smile/Little Simz/Chem bros/Slowdive/ headlining, but nothing new there really. I think Jesus & Mary chain are spot on for the Thursday too.

I (rather selfishly) would be gutted to see idles play... but a triple P of pixies, Pj and pulp would be great, though maybe the lack of a more recent band would make that an unrealistic scenario.

Elsewhere on the line-up I'd love to see Echo & the bunnymen, Tara Clerkin Trio, Ty Segall, Witch, Beth Gibbons, Bush Tetras, Sam Prekop, Party Dozen, Chain & the gang, Wire, Ulrika Spacek, Dennis Bovell, Shirley Collins, Current 93, Babe Rainbow, the Cardigans, Mary Whallopers, Juan Wauters, Horace Andy, Arthur Verocai...

Either way, very excited for a well curated festival in the countryside after a very lacklustre (and heavily corporate feeling compared to other editions) primavera last year. 

Edited by Long Season

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, mattnic said:

On their website Wednesday have a show in Oslo on 9th September and one at the Scala in London on the 20th. What are the chances that gap might include a stop at Green Man, or are they more likely somewhere else?

I think they are extremely likely to play. Middle of the afternoon Far Out stage 👍 

18 hours ago, AtomsForPizza said:

Bit of activity on the GM twitter page. They've updated their profile picture and in response to someone asking when there will be lineup news said:

"Dropping in the next month or two. Will have more news soon!"

month or two? lol hardly soon. Could be March!

12 minutes ago, SalviaPlath said:

I would absolutely love Sleater Kinney. Their most recent show in London was pretty poor but we are all allowed an off day. 

Think they'd go down really well, not sure where they would sit, maybe headliner or sub? I am never sure of their level of renown in the UK.

I was at the Pitchfork show. Quite a lot of bands seem to struggle at the Roundhouse.

I'm looking forward to the new album based on the new tracks so far. I could 100% see them playing GM, but some bands never quite seem to fit the stages. For me, they'd suit the Far Out headline slot, but I think they might be a bit too big for that.

Edited by Happyboypricey

GM Instagram account has been hitting the follow button a lot recently. Here’s a list of bands/acts they’ve recently followed in the last few weeks:

Grandaddy, Woods, Beachwood Sparks, Kneecap, Beth Gibbons, Kara Jackson, Tara Clerkin Trio, Loraine James, Geese, Alogte Ohe, Personal Trainer, Tapir!, and The Mary Wallopers.

They have also recently followed a few acts that played last year. I’ve not included those in the above list. Some of these names above have played before so who knows if they’re likely to play again and GM does starting following acts sometimes that don’t end up playing so take it with a pinch of salt. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, lessthanwill1 said:

GM Instagram account has been hitting the follow button a lot recently. Here’s a list of bands/acts they’ve recently followed in the last few weeks:

Grandaddy, Woods, Beachwood Sparks, Kneecap, Beth Gibbons, Kara Jackson, Tara Clerkin Trio, Loraine James, Geese, Alogte Ohe, Personal Trainer, Tapir!, and The Mary Wallopers.

They have also recently followed a few acts that played last year. I’ve not included those in the above list. Some of these names above have played before so who knows if they’re likely to play again and GM does starting following acts sometimes that don’t end up playing so take it with a pinch of salt. 

Some great names up there that would make me very happy! Re bands that have played before. Not sure GM have a strong history of repeating some of the bigger bands or headliners, although they do like to bring back bands that have played the walled garden etc early in their career. Roll on announcement day no 1 !!!