Sziget Festival 2024

#1SzigetFan

I'd say it's 10 good/recognisable names short of a decent line-up.

Leaks said we should get more than 6 headliners so we're THREE headliners short (hopefully more indie/rock orientated)

I can't see anyone other than Louis and Becky being big enough to sub so FOUR subs short.

So it's definitely doable. They just need to start getting some of those negotiations finalised.

My list so far: Yard Act, Fontaines, Fred, Garrix, Stormzy, Aurora, Nova Twins, Crystal Fighters.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ketomika22 said:

guys, you have to be somewhat realistic, there arent any huge names around, Sziget cannot do anything with that.

Lana, Qotsa, LCD, Maneskin, Massive Attack, PJ Harvey, The Offspring, Rise Against, Flogging Molly, Pulp, The Smile, The Hives, Roisin Murphy, The National, Idles…

You’re welcome.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Archi said:

A few are not that huge. But LanaQOTSAManeskinLCD and Massive Attack are huge.

QOTSA didn't even sell out Budapest Park few years ago, so I don't think they're that big. The Strokes might be more popular than them but still not that huge.

Massive Attack didn't sell out Budapest Arena few years ago either.

Edited by #1SzigetFan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

No, they are not Metallica, Pearl Jam, Eminem or Taylor Swift.  But almost half of them are headliners on August festivals and cheaper than Arctic Monkeys, for example. 

At this point it's just a matter of personal taste if you prefer Stormzy and Fred again or Massive attack and LCD. None of them are much bigger than the others

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, ketomika22 said:

these are not HUGE names.

but i agree, 4/5 of these should be booked.

wait, The Offspring are not huge?
Additionally, in terms of current and rising popularity, Maneskin are definitely headliner material.
The rest we can discuss on terms of taste, but Massive attack is deffo up there with Fred Again and Stormzy and they are around..
Rammstein are in the area and touring end of July, they would be big as well

5 minutes ago, SweetJesus said:

Rammstein not playing festivals

yeah, they have a whole another thing going at the moment with stadiums.. but, I was more throwing names in the proverbial hat of possible bands that could have been booked and are in the area..
especially as Sziget is after their European stadium tour

23 hours ago, kramrojam said:

i would sh*t myself for a Fred Again.. / Skrillex / Four Tet end show 😄 

That can only be done if they only do 1-hour-long sets with no time inbetween the three. Even then, the first one starts in the daylight.

If you want them to play, let's say, 1.5 hours, then the first one is playing their full set in sunshine, and possibly Skrillex would do the first half an hour of his set in daylight as well.

Edited by kristofm

2 hours ago, kristofm said:

That can only be done if they only do 1-hour-long sets with no time inbetween the three. Even then, the first one starts in the daylight.

If you want them to play, let's say, 1.5 hours, then the first one is playing their full set in sunshine, and possibly Skrillex would do the first half an hour of his set in daylight as well.

I think he had a Coachella like, joint set in mind (when all 3 filled in for frank ocean)

1 hour ago, billybigballs said:

Panic over, never heard of him / them but Joost has been booked. And they produce classics like this:🥺

He's great, his Lowlands show this year was wild. He will also represent the Netherlands at the Eurovision next year so I think more people will get to know him.

20 minutes ago, Newjem said:

He's great, his Lowlands show this year was wild. He will also represent the Netherlands at the Eurovision next year so I think more people will get to know him.

Is this like an ironic Bad Boy Chiller Crew of the Netherlands? If it’s being played straight I’m not sure I want to get to know him…

8 hours ago, SweetJesus said:

Lana, Qotsa, LCD, Maneskin, Massive Attack, PJ Harvey, The Offspring, Rise Against, Flogging Molly, Pulp, The Smile, The Hives, Roisin Murphy, The National, Idles…

You’re welcome.

That's great but as much as I'd love this one that's a festival from like 2008.

Edited by kristofm

I don't really mind the headliners, especially if you're going to have a strong sub-headliner slate (something we're lacking atm). I get that they pale in comparison to Imagine Dragons and Billie Eilish but I think what's *truly* missing is good indie/alt/folk subs like Two Door Cinema Club, Keane, Cage The Elephant, Snow Patrol, Franz Ferdinand and the lot, acts which truly create the festival vibe imo.

That being said, definitely a solid line-up for electronic music fans. Also manifesting Skrillex for second announcement so we can get Fred/Four Tet/Skrillex closer

• Upvote 5

27 minutes ago, kristofm said:

That's great but as much as I'd love this one that's a festival from like 2008.

I mean, that whole top line are headlining Fests across Europe this year. And if you want fresh faces, Fred was booked, Dua played recently, who are these up and coming headliners that they should have booked?