Glastonbury Oct/Nov ticket day anxiety levels

Crazyfool01

Glastonbury Oct/ Nov ticket day anxiety levels   

271 members have voted

1. 1. Rate those anxiety levels ........

• Not bothered what will be will be
    • Starting to think about it on occasion
    • I think about it most days
    • I think about it every day
    • panic
    • full on panic and sleepless nights

On 9/2/2023 at 9:32 AM, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Think I'm fairly relaxed about it all right now, although this might change once I start setting up Resale Group 5 again, seeing who's interested, who's helping out etc.

Last time we had a 45-50% success rate and the data-loving side of me can't wait to try and beat this!

Resale group 5 … think that needs renaming now we are back at square 1 

35 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

@Gnomicide we must be getting into sale announcement territory … I saw on the Glasto thingy we get a fair few of them around the 17th … but can’t find that post now 

Sale date announcements since 2009.

2009: 30th July 

2010: 17th September 

2011: 1st September 

2013: 20th June

2014: 16th September 

2015: 15th September 

2016: 18th September 

2017: 12th September 

2019: 17th September 

2020: 17th September 

2021: 25 August (confirmed no October sale)

2022: 21 January (when 21 fest cancelled, FAQ included note that resale for 2022 would be April 22)

2023: 23rd September 

20 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

@Gnomicide we must be getting into sale announcement territory … I saw on the Glasto thingy we get a fair few of them around the 17th … but can’t find that post now 

This 👇

19 hours ago, mike99 said:

Sale date announcements since 2009.

2009: 30th July 

2010: 17th September 

2011: 1st September 

2013: 20th June

2014: 16th September 

2015: 15th September 

2016: 18th September 

2017: 12th September 

2019: 17th September 

2020: 17th September 

2021: 25 August (confirmed no October sale)

2022: 21 January (when 21 fest cancelled, FAQ included note that resale for 2022 would be April 22)

2023: 23rd September 

Though I realised last week 2021 confirmation was 30th August, not 25th.*

* @kalifire! Job broke out.

Edited by Gnomicide
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Definitely seeing more conversations and hype around it now.... or it's just September and excitement is in the air

21 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I guess I can just call it Sale Group XX now as well seeing as it's the main sale. I'm prob about as excited for setting up the group as I am the actual sale right now.

What is this Sale Group you speak of, and how does one get involved?!

Me, wife and daughter, that's all our 'group' consists of - is it enough... 🙂

We'll go through the motions again on ticket day, but it's definitely harder than in the past.

Chalk me up as one of those that likes ticket day to be full of f**k-ups so that it last as long as possible so all the bucket-list fly-by-nighters get bored and do something else!

5 hours ago, tedmaul said:

What is this Sale Group you speak of, and how does one get involved?!

Around the time of the sale and resale you might see some threads on here asking people to join up, swap details (reg. numbers, phone numbers etc), and help each other get tickets. There's a bit of trust involved and a whole dollop of luck, but they've proved very or semi successful the last few years.

This might be better for the Changes for 2024 thread but is relevant here; I've had an idea about how the issue of ticket day payment failures could be minimised. They open a window months in advance, say the whole of July, for pre-payment to be made against our registrations. That's not pre-payment to guarantee a ticket, but pre-payment so that if you get to the booking form on ticket day, enter your reg number and postcode and click submit, your ticket is then confirmed as paid for already. If you don't get to the booking form, then your pre-payment is refunded a few days later. I reckon tens of thousands of people would happily squirrel that money away with the festival, which'd earn interest for them sitting in their bank account so it's win all around!

27 minutes ago, dirtysteve said:

This might be better for the Changes for 2024 thread but is relevant here; I've had an idea about how the issue of ticket day payment failures could be minimised. They open a window months in advance, say the whole of July, for pre-payment to be made against our registrations. That's not pre-payment to guarantee a ticket, but pre-payment so that if you get to the booking form on ticket day, enter your reg number and postcode and click submit, your ticket is then confirmed as paid for already. If you don't get to the booking form, then your pre-payment is refunded a few days later. I reckon tens of thousands of people would happily squirrel that money away with the festival, which'd earn interest for them sitting in their bank account so it's win all around!

It's too much potential admin and problems... if anything, they'll just continue with the chance to pay after securing a ticket I think.

On 9/4/2023 at 9:49 PM, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Around the time of the sale and resale you might see some threads on here asking people to join up, swap details (reg. numbers, phone numbers etc), and help each other get tickets. There's a bit of trust involved and a whole dollop of luck, but they've proved very or semi successful the last few years.

Thanks.  That's exactly what I was hoping for!  I'll be up for that!