Latitude 2024

chrisplowman

30 minutes ago, chrisplowman said:

Very low on female acts yet again!

Agreed. It’s like a line up from the Stone Age. Still at least with Duran Duran and Kasabien, the strangled cat appreciators will be happy. 

id really like to see London Grammar but not sure I’d pay 300.00 and drive across the country for the privilege. 

maybe there’s better to come. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, churlie100 said:

Jesus Christ. My brain still connects Latitude to being that cool alt indie festival of the late 2000s. Seeing this announcement compared to any of those is truly grim stuff. Pound-for-pound (literally), that's the worst line-up of 2024 so far by a fair way.

It’s truly shocking .  I mean I’m no fan of George Ezra but I get why they booked him last year kids/older women love him etc etc .  But I literally am struggling to see who in their right mind wants to see Keane and kasabian headline a festival in 2024 . I’d love to see down with there booker and see there thought process 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, churlie100 said:

Jesus Christ. My brain still connects Latitude to being that cool alt indie festival of the late 2000s. Seeing this announcement compared to any of those is truly grim stuff. Pound-for-pound (literally), that's the worst line-up of 2024 so far by a fair way.

Bollocks is it 

54 minutes ago, churlie100 said:

Same, agreed I think even Reading and Leeds is better.

1 hour ago, churlie100 said:

Yep, sadly  it has been a long time since those lineups but this is a further step away. 

20 minutes ago, Mattcfc1 said:

For anyone defending the line up look at this … about 100 times better a smaller festival with lower budget. 

CBF2199A-BD60-4196-A9A9-860EE3FDE123.png

Victorious has a much larger capacity than Latitude but I agree £ for £ offers much better value. I can see why the loyal regulars are sad that Latitude has just become a Radio 2 Festival.

18 minutes ago, John L said:

Victorious has a much larger capacity than Latitude but I agree £ for £ offers much better value. I can see why the loyal regulars are sad that Latitude has just become a Radio 2 Festival.

I've never been to it but does Victorious have a full arts lineup too? I know it says comedy on there but Latitude also covers theatre, dance stages, kids areas, art installations and so on so I don't know if this affects how much budget they have to spend solely on music even though it's the main aspect of the lineup 

Also can anyone find any stage/day splits anywhere? I'm trying to work out what other slots there would be to fill. At most I'm guessing Keane/London Grammar Friday, Kasabian Saturday and Duran Sunday 

That lineup has gone down like a cup of cold sick.

Kasabian, Oasis for the hard of thinking. Keane, Rick Astley, Chic and Duran Duran for the middle of the road. They’ll all be OK (well, not Kasabian) but I’m not going for “OK”.

Here’s hoping for a better second announcement.

31 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Yeah there is so much more to enjoy at this lineup than latitude for the money. 

Yea after today’s announcement we have just purchased deer shed tickets much smaller festival but really good line up this year lots of kids stuff todo aswell . So will be interesting to compare. 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

I've never been to it but does Victorious have a full arts lineup too? I know it says comedy on there but Latitude also covers theatre, dance stages, kids areas, art installations and so on so I don't know if this affects how much budget they have to spend solely on music even though it's the main aspect of the lineup 

Also can anyone find any stage/day splits anywhere? I'm trying to work out what other slots there would be to fill. At most I'm guessing Keane/London Grammar Friday, Kasabian Saturday and Duran Sunday 

No Victorious doesn’t have as full arts line up as Latitude but it has a reasonably sized kids area (for small kids) and some comedy (smaller area) and other bits and bobs.

Victorious is also now way bigger than Latitude in terms of capacity. It also has no on site camping - you have to get a bus to the campsite (this doesn’t affect me as I’m within walking distance)

Victorious is different to Latitude and not easy to compare, but pound for pound for me personally it’s way above what Latitude is currently offering. Not sure how it stacks up for non locals though.

• Like 1

I haven't seen a lineup announcement go down this badly before for the festival, I suppose the one hope is they see this reaction and then pad it out massively with some decent names in the new year.

With there only 14 names on there and no stage splits too there's evidently a lot more to add into it and opportunity to make it stand out a bit more. The balls very much in their court 

11 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

I haven't seen a lineup announcement go down this badly before for the festival, I suppose the one hope is they see this reaction and then pad it out massively with some decent names in the new year.

With there only 14 names on there and no stage splits too there's evidently a lot more to add into it and opportunity to make it stand out a bit more. The balls very much in their court 

Yeah, not spoken to anyone who has anything positive to say about it.

You are right that there are a lot more acts to follow and it will get padded out. 

I don't think they will react to feedback though with 2024 bookings, I think the booking will already have been done.  

I sort of feel that it must be a conscious decision to move towards acts that appeal to a different audience because they know that they can sell to that family demographic. 

I often think that the efestivals forum is a great place to find out/ work out who is playing but as a barometer of who is buying the tickets it is probably pretty narrow. 

As a temperature check, people at work will know plenty of songs by Duran Duran, Keane, kasabian, and chic and would have a lovely time. I guess those are the people buying the tickets but probably under represented here. 

That having been said, will be interesting to see how many tickets they shift this year. Cost of living will continue and it is so expensive for a family it just doesn't look very good. 

Thinking just locally, Keane struggled to sell out thetford forest last year, I reckon if you were in the suffolk/ Norfolk area you would have caught them there. 

Kasabian played norwich uea last year, so plenty of fans will have seen them there. 

2 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Yeah, not spoken to anyone who has anything positive to say about it.

You are right that there are a lot more acts to follow and it will get padded out. 

I don't think they will react to feedback though with 2024 bookings, I think the booking will already have been done.  

I sort of feel that it must be a conscious decision to move towards acts that appeal to a different audience because they know that they can sell to that family demographic. 

I often think that the efestivals forum is a great place to find out/ work out who is playing but as a barometer of who is buying the tickets it is probably pretty narrow. 

As a temperature check, people at work will know plenty of songs by Duran Duran, Keane, kasabian, and chic and would have a lovely time. I guess those are the people buying the tickets but probably under represented here. 

That having been said, will be interesting to see how many tickets they shift this year. Cost of living will continue and it is so expensive for a family it just doesn't look very good. 

Thinking just locally, Keane struggled to sell out thetford forest last year, I reckon if you were in the suffolk/ Norfolk area you would have caught them there. 

Kasabian played norwich uea last year, so plenty of fans will have seen them there. 

Yeah, lots of people with live, love, laugh and gin jokes on their profiles saying it's a great festival line up over on Facebook. 

• Upvote 2