Latitude 2024

chrisplowman

So who are likely to be the other headliners. Would Pet Shop Boys be unlikely now we already have an act from the 80s?

I would like Pet Shop Boys, Suede and Crowded House from the Isle of Wight festival.

The National would also be great, are they a possibility (I see them mentioned as a possible headliner on the other stage at Glastonbury) ? 

Edited by Mr Boo

15 hours ago, Mr Boo said:

So who are likely to be the other headliners. Would Pet Shop Boys be unlikely now we already have an act from the 80s?

I would like Pet Shop Boys, Suede and Crowded House from the Isle of Wight festival.

The National would also be great, are they a possibility (I see them mentioned as a possible headliner on the other stage at Glastonbury) ? 

I agree PSB seem unlikely now

Yeah I think PSB are probably out of contention now and The National aren't the sort of band they choose to headline anymore

Hozier could be a shout, he's doing a fair few outdoor shows next summer and seems the right sort of level - a few more lineups are appearing now so worth keeping an eye out for other names that are active 

Edited by Chapple12345

20 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

Yeah I think PSB are probably out of contention now and The National aren't the sort of band they choose to headline anymore

Hozier could be a shout, he's doing a fair few outdoor shows next summer and seems the right sort of level - a few more lineups are appearing now so worth keeping an eye out for other names that are active 

I dunno, I don't think it's out of the question. It's a similar booking to Pulp, Foals, Wolf Alice if you look at the last 3 years. Big indie band with enough cross over. The sort of act that can either headline the other stage at glasto or sub the pyramid. 

I might be reaching here because I love The National, but I still think Latitude would still book them (I'll caveat this with,  doesn't mean I think they will defo be there this year). 

3 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Yeah, they will surely programme it so there is a really good viable alternative. Young fathers was a great example of this. 

Ditto, there's always a great alternative in the tent - on this topic I'd love Idles opposite Duran Duran, they'd be a riot in the tent  

• Upvote 1

Yeah, a big populist headliner on the main stage usually means an excellent headliner on BBC Sounds.

Sons of Kemet against Bastille
Mogwai against The Killers
Placebo against The 1975
Young Fathers against Paolo Nutini
Pheobe Bridgers against Lewis Capaldi.
So yeah IDLES against Duran Duran would be a dream. Seems likely, they've played it before, a new album is coming.

That said the new Duran Duran album is pretty good.

TRNSMT announcing their lineup soon by the sounds of it, again worth keeping an eye on as they've shared headliners every year since 2018 

Also saw the survey, seems strange when it's probably likely most of the main acts will have been booked by now, unless its for future reference/if there are a few acts on the bill and seeing how popular they'd be 

4 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

The National would be lovely. Do the dates work?

They have a big gap between start of July and start of August so it's possible, I just don't see them as the kind of act they'd choose to headline nowadays - the dates definitely work for them to play though so maybe they're added as a special guest or something? 

2 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

They have a big gap between start of July and start of August so it's possible, I just don't see them as the kind of act they'd choose to headline nowadays - the dates definitely work for them to play though so maybe they're added as a special guest or something? 

I would love it to be The National (their 2016 set was one my favourite headline sets) but not sure they’d be up for it, with their own large shows planned. Also The National and Duran Duran would make for quite a blokey line up. I think they’d need a pretty strong female 3rd headliner or undercard to offset it. I agree a special guest slot might be more likely given their relationship with the festival. 

18 hours ago, Mambonumberfive said:

I would love it to be The National (their 2016 set was one my favourite headline sets) but not sure they’d be up for it, with their own large shows planned. Also The National and Duran Duran would make for quite a blokey line up. I think they’d need a pretty strong female 3rd headliner or undercard to offset it. I agree a special guest slot might be more likely given their relationship with the festival. 

The national did 2 nights at ally pally and back next year for Crystal Palace. Being talked about as headlining the other stage at glasto...I think it's headliner or nothing for them at the moment.