Latitude 2024

chrisplowman

Would like to see them give Blossoms a chance for a big slot. They've now headlined a few smaller than Latitude festivals, Y Not, Kendal, and Thurs at Truck. Big Feastival too but that's smaller than the others mentioned. The reaction has been really positive to all of the above.

Blossoms have toured south a lot last two album tours and have an audience of varied ages. Plus they haven't played Latitude since 2015!

Grace Jones seems like a good shoot for the ‘oldie’ headliner based on the survey options. Probably a cheaper booking than most ‘oldies’. Could also imagine Liam Gallagher in that role as a bigger ticket shifter Could imagine her plus a 2000s indie act like The National/Strokes or a 2010s more electronic pop act like London Grammar or Jungle. Then round off with a ‘newer’ booking like Fred Again.. (though he seems unlikely), Fontaines or Glass Animals.

Edited by Jonathan Jonathan

11 hours ago, sisco said:

Sunday header booked and Friday being booked this week

10 hours ago, zak_khanna said:

Saturday night they have some ‘fun’ ideas about 

Out of interest where is this info from? It's definitely exciting if they have names booked already and could mean they're bigger acts if it's this far in advance 

2 hours ago, chrisplowman said:

Based on Melvin’s love of the Boygenius show (I was there, it was amazing). I wonder if we could get a stage takeover like we did with Mumford and Sons a few years ago. Undercard of MUNA, them playing solo, other related acts etc.

I saw Muna at Reading last weekend and thought theyd be a perfect chilled Sunday mid afternoon sort of act whilst there - I could see Boygenius there some time but it seems like phoebe has some solo projects at the end of the year 

Based off absolutely nothing now I'm gonna guess 

Friday - Wet Leg/Bicep closing set 

Saturday - Liam Gallagher

Sunday - Chic and Nile Rodgers

On 8/23/2023 at 2:31 PM, dumbsaints said:

Would like to see them give Blossoms a chance for a big slot. They've now headlined a few smaller than Latitude festivals, Y Not, Kendal, and Thurs at Truck. Big Feastival too but that's smaller than the others mentioned. The reaction has been really positive to all of the above.

Blossoms have toured south a lot last two album tours and have an audience of varied ages. Plus they haven't played Latitude since 2015!

Truck thursday is pretty far off the double the capacity latitude main weekend. I can't see it - would be a very cheap option so maybe if they end up with someone Killers esque ala a few years back

----

There's no way Fred Again will do latitude in my mind - he will be saved by Live Nation for Reading, a solo show or something else... or Creamfields / Boardmasters / APE will nab him. Would be mad at Latitude as he'd really mix up the crowd lol

I would like to see Underworld as far as older dance goes, maybe on the Friday

13 minutes ago, gfa said:

Truck thursday is pretty far off the double the capacity latitude main weekend. I can't see it - would be a very cheap option so maybe if they end up with someone Killers esque ala a few years back

Truck was last year tho, they've done Sunday headline at Y not and Saturday headline at Kendal since. I'd imagine their 5th album might be out by next summer.

It wouldn't be a safe call to have them headline Latitude but would be great to see it take the risk with them. For headline slots after the likes of Y Not and Kendal, Latitude is kind of the next step. Probs won't happen before they smash a sub slot at R&L tho.

A sub slot at Latitude would be nice to see, as they haven't been back since 2015.

Just now, dumbsaints said:

Truck was last year tho, they've done Sunday headline at Y not and Saturday headline at Kendal since. I'd imagine their 5th album might be out by next summer.

It wouldn't be a safe call to have them headline Latitude but would be great to see it take the risk with them. For headline slots after the likes of Y Not and Kendal, Latitude is kind of the next step. Probs won't happen before they smash a sub slot at R&L tho.

A sub slot at Latitude would be nice to see, as they haven't been back since 2015.

Y Not and Kendal are significantly further north and regularly have acts like Courteeners headline etc, Truck is a lot more southern where blossoms are much smaller

They've subbed reading recently i think - 2021 maybe?

Sub at latitude seems about right to me

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

Y Not and Kendal are significantly further north and regularly have acts like Courteeners headline etc, Truck is a lot more southern where blossoms are much smaller

They've subbed reading recently i think - 2021 maybe?

Sub at latitude seems about right to me

3rd is the highest they've done at R&L, in 2021 as a late announced replacement act.

I'd argue Blossoms are stronger in the South than Courteeners. Having seen Blossoms both at several places around south and up north, the reception they get in south has sometimes been equal/better to that of north, and they're open as a band to the whole of UK, not like Courteeners who feed off the "we're Northern" energy. 

Just to be clear I'm not arguing they 100% gotta headline Latitude next year, meant sub/headline with "big slot" in my og post 🙂 next year it will be 9 years since they last played which is bizarre.

23 minutes ago, dumbsaints said:

3rd is the highest they've done at R&L, in 2021 as a late announced replacement act.

I'd argue Blossoms are stronger in the South than Courteeners. Having seen Blossoms both at several places around south and up north, the reception they get in south has sometimes been equal/better to that of north, and they're open as a band to the whole of UK, not like Courteeners who feed off the "we're Northern" energy. 

Just to be clear I'm not arguing they 100% gotta headline Latitude next year, meant sub/headline with "big slot" in my og post 🙂 next year it will be 9 years since they last played which is bizarre.

surprised they were that low at reading to be fair - although not really helping your cause although they could defo could have done higher than that slot but just filled in for whatever reason. They played 3rd down with 1 main stage in 2017 and subbed a co-header in 2019

Blossoms are probably quite similar to courteeners - they are nearly courteeners size up north now honestly. A few years ago they were definitely a lot more north-south divide but its levelled

fair enough - i think sub is much more suited ... its likely been 9 years because they bring the laddy audience which latitude aren't really chasing

Edited by gfa

18 minutes ago, gfa said:

surprised they were that low at reading to be fair - although not really helping your cause although they could defo could have done higher than that slot but just filled in for whatever reason. They played 3rd down with 1 main stage in 2017 and subbed a co-header in 2019

Blossoms are probably quite similar to courteeners - they are nearly courteeners size up north now honestly. A few years ago they were definitely a lot more north-south divide but its levelled

fair enough - i think sub is much more suited ... its likely been 9 years because they bring the laddy audience which latitude aren't really chasing

That 2021 slot was a last min replacement (Machine Gun Kelly, not very like for like lol), I'd imagine if they had been actually booked from the start it'd been for a sub.

See, the laddy audience thing is a partial misconception. People who haven't seen Blossoms at their own gigs a lot do think it's just dark fruits folks there but it really isn't, they've a varied crowd both in age and in music tastes, again one thing that makes them different from The Courteeners. Outside the usual mid/late teen and 20s crowd, there's always been a good sized older fan base and a lot of kids like them too, 9-14 year olds.

Think it'd all work well with your usual Latitude crowds really.

40 minutes ago, dumbsaints said:

That 2021 slot was a last min replacement (Machine Gun Kelly, not very like for like lol), I'd imagine if they had been actually booked from the start it'd been for a sub.

See, the laddy audience thing is a partial misconception. People who haven't seen Blossoms at their own gigs a lot do think it's just dark fruits folks there but it really isn't, they've a varied crowd both in age and in music tastes, again one thing that makes them different from The Courteeners. Outside the usual mid/late teen and 20s crowd, there's always been a good sized older fan base and a lot of kids like them too, 9-14 year olds.

Think it'd all work well with your usual Latitude crowds really.

I've seen blossoms probably about 5 times, the audience is definitely quite dark fruits laddy ... that shouldn't really be a reason not to book them though since the rest of the lineup likely won't be and them alone won't pull in the crowd

Courteeners also have older fans - owing to the fact they've been around for about 20 years now

Edited by gfa

56 minutes ago, gfa said:

I've seen blossoms probably about 5 times, the audience is definitely quite dark fruits laddy ... that shouldn't really be a reason not to book them though since the rest of the lineup likely won't be and them alone won't pull in the crowd

Courteeners also have older fans - owing to the fact they've been around for about 20 years now

Above is my observations after seeing, up and down the country, Courteeners 20+ times and Blossoms... lost the count after first triple figures 😂

There's overlap but Blossoms have wider appear audience and geography wise is my conclusion from what I've seen!

I agree I'm stunned Blossoms haven't played since 2015, they're a pretty big name on the festival circuit and I could see them being a great Obelisk sub 

Having seen him at Reading last weekend I could see Sam Fender appearing in the not too distant future, just not sure if he's going to take a break after this leg of his tour is complete 

• 2 weeks later...