Latitude 2024

chrisplowman

Seems to be some confusion on when it's actually being held. Ticketmaster say it's 18th-21st July but the website says 25th-28th but I guess the website is more likely to be accurate 

In terms of acts I think Haim are a good shout, also think Wet Leg could be in with a shout too. My dream headliner again would be Florence and the Machine but I'm not sure if she'll be active next year. There are rumours Gorillaz have a new album out soon and they'd be a great headliner 

I've seen a few reports of Liam Gallagher touring doing Definitely Maybe in full for its 30th anniversary, I wonder if he could be a shout as he usually headlines all the festivals when he's doing the rounds/was supposed to play 2020

Edited by Chapple12345

I think at least one of these will headline one day.

Bombay bicycle club 

Ben Howard 

the national 

I think Bombay are strong possibility.

id live to see someone like pixies headline would be awesome but I think the vibe is geared towards George Ezra, Ed Sheeran, 1975 rubbish these days 🤣

7 minutes ago, Mattcfc said:

I think at least one of these will headline one day.

Bombay bicycle club 

Ben Howard 

the national 

I think Bombay are strong possibility.

Bombay and The National have both headlined before but Ben Howard hasn't played for a few years so is a good shout 

10 minutes ago, zak_khanna said:

Rex Orange County, Haim, Gorillaz, hoping for inhaler, easy life, sports team and blossoms to be around 

These are all great ideas, Sports Team in the tent would be an absolute riot - Blossoms would be a solid sub too I reckon 

The slight issue with ben Howard is he is so far up his own arse these days he plan out refuses to play anything from his first  album 🤣

still incredible live but hasn’t gone down well with a lot of fans looking at gig reviews and seeing him royal Albert hall earlier this year …

11 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Bombay and The National have both headlined before but Ben Howard hasn't played for a few years so is a good shout 

These are all great ideas, Sports Team in the tent would be an absolute riot - Blossoms would be a solid sub too I reckon 

Feel Rex is a big risk due to recent events but he seems to have a good relationship with festival republic. Sports team headlining the tent would be absolute madness. Could see a blossoms x Rick astley smiths headline set.

12 minutes ago, Mattcfc said:

Arlo parks for headliner ? 

Maybe a tent headliner/sub on Obelisk but unlikely to headline the whole event I'd say myself 

20 minutes ago, zak_khanna said:

Could see a blossoms x Rick astley smiths headline set.

This could be a storming stage opener like they had with James this year, a really fun way to start the final day - I agree also Rex is a bit of a risk but from what I can see the case was dropped against him, I don't know if there's any music being released by him soon 

25 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:I agree also Rex is a bit of a risk but from what I can see the case was dropped against him, I don't know if there's any music being released by him soon 

Yeah rumours new album next year, his Australia and Asia tour for September has sold well so it’s whether FR want to take the risk

5 hours ago, Mattcfc said:

I’d love to see phoenix headline but not sure if they are too big they were so good at Glastonbury and have headlined US/European festivals in the past few years.  when are the headliners normally released is it just before Christmas? 

Phoenix would be a sub - just not big in the uk

they couldn't sell out a single brixton night with no other uk dates (maybe manchester?) last year

51 minutes ago, gfa said:
6 hours ago, Mattcfc said:

I’d love to see phoenix headline but not sure if they are too big they were so good at Glastonbury and have headlined US/European festivals in the past few years.  when are the headliners normally released is it just before Christmas? 

I really don't want to piss on your chips, but Latitude will not be booking Phoenix as a headline act next year. Just look back at the recent headliners

1 hour ago, Chapple12345 said:

I guess this is a more a pipe dream but is there any chance of Depeche Mode playing? They're continuing their tour into next year and did Isle of Wight relatively recently which is a similar size? I know it's unlikely but they'd be great 

Their tipped to do Glastonbury so hardly any chance of latitude 

11 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

I guess this is a more a pipe dream but is there any chance of Depeche Mode playing? They're continuing their tour into next year and did Isle of Wight relatively recently which is a similar size? I know it's unlikely but they'd be great 

IOW used to get mega acts every year - Latitude has never really had the same standard acts (Killers maybe the one time, but still nothing on some of the acts IOW used to get year in year out)

Edited by gfa

1 hour ago, gfa said:

IOW used to get mega acts every year - Latitude has never really had the same standard acts (Killers maybe the one time, but still nothing on some of the acts IOW used to get year in year out)

This is what I wasn't sure of, plus I remembered since that was their 50th anniversary so they went all out for headliners - of acts about I'd probably see Liam Gallagher as a potential 'big' headliner, especially as he was meant to do 2020

The only other one I could think of would be Blur, especially with Damons close relationship with the festival but it sounds as if they're wrapping up their tour and that'll be it for a while 

Lots of possibles from previous headliners and acts

Florence, the national, bon iver, chemical brothers. 

Ben Howard would be possible, I don't think it would go down very well but feels about the right size. 

I'd love Gorillaz and it isn't impossible, just feels a stretch. 

Christine and the queen's seem to have dipped a bit in size even if they are still putting on fantastic shows.

I think Liam is too big now, probably more like noel territory. Don't know its Sam fender is too big as well, feels like he is. 

If someone like the xx were to reform they would be perfect. No indication of that at the moment. 

Fred again... would be a popular choice I think as well if he is still touring. 

Thing is there will be at least 1 really pop act and probably 2. I'm just not good at predicting who they would be, lizzo feels too big. 

I like the speculating. Becomes a bit clearer when albums and tours start shaping up. 

In the nicest possible way I'm always erring on the side of latitude not having very good headliners for the most part. 

• 3 weeks later...

I think Depeche Mode are too big for Latitude - they're a Glastonbury headliner for sure, especially as they're touring a new album next year.

The Cure appeared on that survey.  They would be an awesome choice for the oldie headliner.

Just got our tickets for next year where I'll be celebrating a significant birthday, though not actually at the festival now they seem to have moved it back a week.