Latitude 2024

chrisplowman

On 9/1/2023 at 10:24 AM, Chapple12345 said:

I agree I'm stunned Blossoms haven't played since 2015, they're a pretty big name on the festival circuit and I could see them being a great Obelisk sub 

Having seen him at Reading last weekend I could see Sam Fender appearing in the not too distant future, just not sure if he's going to take a break after this leg of his tour is complete 

Latitude would be a bit of a step down for Sam Fender at the minute

Maybe in a few years once he's cooled off perhaps

• 2 weeks later...

Bluedot which has been the same weekend for the last few editions has cancelled for next year, I'm guessing Melvin will jump at the chance to get those punters on board as there usually are a few crossover acts 

In other acts the Manics and Suede have announced a Co headline tour for next summer, I can't see MSP being there as they only did 2022 but the latter are a great shout to pop up on the bill 

On 10/7/2023 at 11:22 AM, Chapple12345 said:

Bluedot which has been the same weekend for the last few editions has cancelled for next year, I'm guessing Melvin will jump at the chance to get those punters on board as there usually are a few crossover acts 

This could actually hurt Latitude. Quite a few overseas bands would come over and play both, might not work out financially to do just Latitude now. We will see.

In other news Bombay Bicycle Club have announced a tour in Jan and Feb then a one-off "Summer Show" at Ally Pally on 12th July. It would be a good warm-up for a headline slot.

On 10/11/2023 at 1:50 PM, chrisplowman said:

This could actually hurt Latitude. Quite a few overseas bands would come over and play both, might not work out financially to do just Latitude now. We will see.

In other news Bombay Bicycle Club have announced a tour in Jan and Feb then a one-off "Summer Show" at Ally Pally on 12th July. It would be a good warm-up for a headline slot.

That would be my DREAM to see them headline Latitude Bombay, favourite band EVER 😍❤️

Predictions from me are:

Headliners - Bombay Bicycle Club // Sigur Rós // alt-J // Lana Del Rey // Aurora // Jessie Ware // Manic Street Preachers & Suede // Texas

Lineup - Girl Ray // Alison Goldfrapp // The Go! Team // M83 // Nation of Language// Squid // Django Django // Dadi Freyr // The Vaccines // Sigrid // Jorja Smith // King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard // Wet Leg // James Blake // The Big Moon // Liz Lawrence // Pip Blom // Jockstrap // Baby Queen // Romy // Oliver Sim // The Beths // The Hives // English Teacher // Joyeria // Nick Mulvey (10th Anniversary Tour Of Debut Album) // Amyl and The Sniffers// Lankum // Ben Howard // Birdy // Foxes // LA Priest // Paloma Faith // Declan McKenna // Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark // IDLES // Unknown Mortal Orchestra

(of course totally based off what I feel is Latitude vibe and what music has recently been released by who so probs far from right and didn't go last year, haha, but a guess none the less 😁)

• Upvote 1

On 10/11/2023 at 1:50 PM, chrisplowman said:

Feels like it might be a bit soon for BBC again, they joint headlined with bastille in 2021. 

On 9/22/2023 at 9:57 PM, JB15 said:

I’d love a Homecoming style The National day, where they curate it like they did for their own festival

This would be a dream for me as well.

They were so good at ally pally this month. 

After feeling like The National were becoming the Latitude house band they haven't played since 2016 so I think they are due a return at some point now.

They have played All Points East a couple of times in between in 18 and 22 so really unlikely they will do that again next year. 

Chance they'll play Glasto on other stage or sub but if that happened it wouldn't mean they couldn't do Latitude. 

I would put them in the "very possible" category if they are doing festivals next year. 

Just seen that Elbow are doing an arena tour next year. There was a time when I would have thought they were quite likely to show up at latitude. I really enjoyed them in 2012 but they seem like they are the wrong size/wrong type of act for latitude now. Which is to say, not a big enough draw for headliner but probably a bit too big to play anywhere else. 

I thought the same,  the festival could probably throw them in as a special guest sub or something but I couldn't see them headlining anymore 

LG's tour sold out instantly pretty much, I do wonder if a trip to Henham Park could follow after, especially after 2020 but maybe he may be a little too big right now? 

• Upvote 1

On 10/20/2023 at 5:29 PM, Chapple12345 said:

I thought the same,  the festival could probably throw them in as a special guest sub or something but I couldn't see them headlining anymore 

LG's tour sold out instantly pretty much, I do wonder if a trip to Henham Park could follow after, especially after 2020 but maybe he may be a little too big right now? 

I think that chance has been and gone, seems like he is too big now. It's not impossible (I'm thinking he can't be bigger than the killers) but seems like he is hot at the moment. 

18 hours ago, charliegeorgedavis said:

What are the chances we will see mumford and sons make a return?

I think they have to be on the list as a possible. They did victorious and a festival run this year so up and running again and last time they played latitude was 2017, so it would be a decent gap. 

Guess it depends on their plans (might do their own tour to support a new album) but could be a possibility. 

A couple more shows being announced currently who could play 

Johnny Marr - touring in the spring and would be a fantastic tent headliner/Obelisk opener 

PJ Harvey - I'm stunned she's never played before but could definitely see it happen 

Busted - I know they're a bit cheesy but they'd be perfect for the newish Sunday afternoon slot of singalong songs (Rick Astley, Sophie Ellis Bextor etc) 

Loyle Carner, Deacon Blue, Status Quo, Tom Grennan and Richard Ashcroft are also announcing shows and I could potentially see their names popping up 

On 10/26/2023 at 9:34 AM, Chapple12345 said:

A couple more shows being announced currently who could play 

Johnny Marr - touring in the spring and would be a fantastic tent headliner/Obelisk opener 

PJ Harvey - I'm stunned she's never played before but could definitely see it happen 

Busted - I know they're a bit cheesy but they'd be perfect for the newish Sunday afternoon slot of singalong songs (Rick Astley, Sophie Ellis Bextor etc) 

Loyle Carner, Deacon Blue, Status Quo, Tom Grennan and Richard Ashcroft are also announcing shows and I could potentially see their names popping up 

I would love PJ Harvey to play. She is phenomenal live. Kinda feels like Gunnersbury Park might be her big gig of the summer like boygenius this year but I think it is Festival Republic so it makes it more likely. 

Yeah, she defo should have played latitude around Let England shake or hope six. I think white chalk was just her solo but I saw her on the hope six tour at glasto and it was the highlight for me. 

On 10/31/2023 at 4:02 PM, Chapple12345 said:

Isle of Wight are making their first announcement this week, I believe both festivals have shared at least 1 headliner since 2018 so could give us a hint as to what to expect 

IOW lineup is out and a you have pointed out there is often cross over with some of the big names or headliners.  So I wonder if that puts pet shop boys and Keane in the frame. I know PSB have headlined before but that was a long time ago (2009). 

I would love the prodigy to be there but can't see it (would be really popular though I think).

3 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

IOW lineup is out and a you have pointed out there is often cross over with some of the big names or headliners.  So I wonder if that puts pet shop boys and Keane in the frame. I know PSB have headlined before but that was a long time ago (2009). 

I would love the prodigy to be there but can't see it (would be really popular though I think).

The two you've mentioned are really good shouts 

From this I'd expect Blossoms, Suede and possibly the likes of Nothing But Thieves and Simple Minds on there too

Definitely think we'll get some sort of announcement this side of Christmas 

Edited by Chapple12345
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chapple12345 said:

The two you've mentioned are really good shouts 

From this I'd expect Blossoms, Suede and possibly the likes of Nothing But Thieves and Simple Minds on there too

Definitely think we'll get some sort of announcement this side of Christmas 

Suede were great when they headlined before and amazing last year on tour. Would happily see them in the tent.  Saw simple minds last time at latitude, thought they were really dull. Blossoms are a good shout. I'm not a fan but they would work at the festival. Probably a subheadliner or maybe when they have 2 smaller joint headliners on the same day like when it was bbc and bastille.

I reckon all gotta be in the mix. I would personally only be interested in Suede and PSB... but it isn't all about me 😀

Edited by glimmers_of_hope