Volunteering 2024

Chazwozza

2 minutes ago, hallamer said:

I’ve been on the Proceed page since 11am but beginning to lose hope now 😞

Me too but I did get a place at 3.45 p.m. last year, after I saw a post on here saying that a number of people had accidentally bagged two or three places because they had others trying for them. Not sure if the same will happen this year, but I'm going to keep trying on and off throughout the day, just in case!!

49 minutes ago, barcelonista1899 said:

Good luck to those trying!

Just repeating what happened to me in the first 'resale': if you are able to click proceed but it is not allocating you a spot keep trying to click proceed/reserve (do not refresh or close/go back). I kept refreshing and managed to bag a spot 45 mins + after they all initially went.

Thank you for the tip! You got me my place by default, so grateful!!

6 minutes ago, JackP1994 said:

Did you all just keep hitting proceed over and over?

No luck here yet

Yes. I recommend NOT refreshing once the proceed button shows. If you refresh, it'll disappear

3 minutes ago, Festival Sounds Podcast said:

Well done to those of you who got a place. If you’ve not done Oxfam before, you’ll love it.

Plan to be on site from the Monday if you can.  The Monday and Tuesday nights are a lot of fun.

100%! Can't wait to see it all come to life. Can you go down to the site and walk around on those evenings? 

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

100%! Can't wait to see it all come to life. Can you go down to the site and walk around on those evenings? 

Yep and go into the crew bars

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

Absolutely.  You can wander around most places (reasonably) free from crowds...

...except where they are still building it.

There's an impressive level of 'last minute planning' that can be witnessed !

And a few of the food vendors may be open... if they are not still building their stalls.

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Absolutely - crew bars all open - Block9, Arcadia, Silver Hayes, UFG.

It's brilliant. 

On of my best Glastonbury memories is watching the Summer Equinox on the Tuesday evening up by the Glastonbury sign. There's something special about being in a field overlooking the site, surrounded by fellow volunteers, all watching the sun set on the horizon. Was special!

14 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

You'll hate it when everyone else turns up on Wednesday 🤣

Edited by gazzared

10 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

On the Monday the Oxfield opens to stewards at 10am, but you cant get wristbanded til about 1/1.30 etc - and cant access the main site til youre wristbanded. But after that, you can go have a wander round, and the staff bars are well worth a nose around. Expect maybe one in ten or one in fifteen food stalls open on the monday, but many more on the tuesday - perhaps one in five? 

i always like to wander the camping fields and see the spots i've camped in previous years - the site feels bigger without a hundred thousand tents, but somehow/paradoxically the camping fields always feel much smaller than i remember them 😄

• Upvote 1

Just now, ThatCubT said:

On of my best Glastonbury memories is watching the Summer Equinox on the Tuesday evening up by the Glastonbury sign. There's something special about being in a field overlooking the site, surrounded by fellow volunteers, all watching the sun set on the horizon. Was special!

I was there! That was Tuesday 2022(?)

IMG_6234.jpeg

40 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Yes. And it's great

I normally organise an efests crew/volunteers meet up at the Tow and Hitch (Arcadia crewvbar) on the Monday night- all welcome 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Festival Sounds Podcast said:

Well done to those of you who got a place. If you’ve not done Oxfam before, you’ll love it.

Plan to be on site from the Monday if you can.  The Monday and Tuesday nights are a lot of fun.

35 minutes ago, ThatCubT said:

7 minutes ago, dondo said:

Yes. And it's great

I normally organise an efests crew/volunteers meet up at the Tow and Hitch (Arcadia crewvbar) on the Monday night- all welcome 

Even though I've been trying for ages to get a place, the nerves really hit me this morning when it became real!!!! Think the office thought I'd been electrocuted with the reaction I had 😂 Reading these comments has proper got me excited though, really looking forward to it now 🤩

Not sure I'll get down on the Monday as travelling from Newcastle and don't have that much annual leave to spare after a couple other holidays this year so trying to save where I can. Thinking of setting off early doors 4am-ish Tuesday morning to arrive around lunch time.

44 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

On the Monday the Oxfield opens to stewards at 10am, but you cant get wristbanded til about 1/1.30 etc - and cant access the main site til youre wristbanded. But after that, you can go have a wander round, and the staff bars are well worth a nose around. Expect maybe one in ten or one in fifteen food stalls open on the monday, but many more on the tuesday - perhaps one in five? 

i always like to wander the camping fields and see the spots i've camped in previous years - the site feels bigger without a hundred thousand tents, but somehow/paradoxically the camping fields always feel much smaller than i remember them 😄

Green fields will be ad-hoc on who is open on Tuesday, but it's worth walking around that area and having a good chat with workshops owners before the general public get in.

Edited by bob323

11 minutes ago, thewomble said:

Even though I've been trying for ages to get a place, the nerves really hit me this morning when it became real!!!! Think the office thought I'd been electrocuted with the reaction I had 😂 Reading these comments has proper got me excited though, really looking forward to it now 🤩

Not sure I'll get down on the Monday as travelling from Newcastle and don't have that much annual leave to spare after a couple other holidays this year so trying to save where I can. Thinking of setting off early doors 4am-ish Tuesday morning to arrive around lunch time.

I would say the earlier the better on Tuesday as you will get some traffic with the campervan fields opening and the car parks opening that evening 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stuie said:

Absolutely - crew bars all open - Block9, Arcadia, Silver Hayes, UFG.

It's brilliant. 

I went onto the site during daytime on the Tuesday last year and none of the crew bars I visited were open. I think they're open from 6pm.

Edited by Johnnyseven

20 minutes ago, thewomble said:

Appreciate every job is different. I’ve previously booked a £35 Premier Inn in Bristol on the Sunday night and worked from the room with an early start and finish. Had a flexible employer tbf. Meant I was on site mid-afternoon in time to get briefings out of the way asap