Volunteering 2024

Chazwozza

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

Suddenly getting the pangs to volunteer at Glastonbury again.

Already have a ticket but I did enjoy it last year.

Hmmm.

It won't fill up in priority, so I'd suggest giving it a few days to think it over.

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

Congratulations!  Me too 🙂 

Trying to book my others now but it wants me to pay deposit again! 

There was something about this in the latest email - because of the change in payment provider, it might take a few minutes for the deposit to register on the Oxfam system.  Either wait a bit, or if you've paid multiple deposits, Oxfam have said they'll sort out refunds automatically ASAP.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Red Telephone said:

It may be that the payment hasn’t processed yet? I’m going to try for my other one in 15 mins

I've got a confirmation email for Glastonbury and says deposit paid but it's still in my list of available festivals on the drop down and it wants me to pay again for others. 

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

Congratulations!  Me too 🙂 

Trying to book my others now but it wants me to pay deposit again! 

They mentioned about this in the E-Mail sent out last night.

Basically they've changed the system to reduce points of failure, but that it may mean there's a delay in payments being logged against your account.

So you may have to wait a few minutes for a second festival. If you do make a duplicate payment, they'll sort it out after.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stuie said:

I've got a confirmation email for Glastonbury and says deposit paid but it's still in my list of available festivals on the drop down and it wants me to pay again for others. 

From the Oxfam Email:

Important notice on our application system

Due to the overwhelming popularity of Oxfam festival volunteering, we've implemented additional measures to strengthen our application system and accommodate the increased traffic. As a result, you may experience a slight delay in the system registering your deposit after applying for a festival. If you attempt to apply for a second festival immediately, you may be prompted to make an additional payment.

In such instances, we advise waiting for a few minutes to allow your initial deposit to register before applying for a second festival. If you do accidentally submit a second payment, rest assured that we will automatically refund the duplicate deposit within a few days. There is no need for you to contact us; we've got it covered. We appreciate your understanding!

I'd just give it a bit longer I guess.

11 minutes ago, jfaragher said:

There was something about this in the latest email - because of the change in payment provider, it might take a few minutes for the deposit to register on the Oxfam system.  Either wait a bit, or if you've paid multiple deposits, Oxfam have said they'll sort out refunds automatically ASAP.

I had to wait six minutes for the Glasto deposit to process.

All sorted now and in for Glastonbury, Wilderness and Beautiful Days. 

We've also just booked a villa holiday for 10 people in Tenerife (bargain millionaires villa on airbnb) so with that, my fests, Mucky Weekender and Margate Pride I think that's a nice summer to work towards 🙂 

Thanks @incident and @jfaragher- it just updated a few mins ago and let me book the other 2.

Added Beautiful Days now as well as I have to do two this year due to running out of Priority years...

Woah - 2 mins for BT - only just made it then.

Worry not about the double deposit holding you back as the email also says they'll sort / refund if there's any overlap after the process.

On 1/21/2024 at 4:07 PM, The Red Telephone said:

Many thanks for this. I’m 95% certain this will be my 2nd festival for this year now. Was there much else on other than the music stages?

Had a bad experience at Shambala in 2023, and none of the other festivals fit in with holidays/ other commitments, so Arctangent here we come (hopefully!)

ATG lineup dropped this morning, and it's fantastic - Explosions In The Sky and Mogwai both headlining!

18 minutes ago, ewan88 said:

Congrats to everyone who got their fests, crossing my fingers for next week 

good luck! and if you dont get in the first tranche, keep refreshing and rechecking - five minutes later, ten minutes later, and then periodically for the next few weeks. Plans change, spots open, its not done and dusted if you dont get in straight away next week 👍

4 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Really? BD gone this early? That's a quick for them isn't it - I used to think there were still places left for non-priority previous years.

Yep. No lineup yet either I don't think

Things shifted a couple of years ago, with other festivals filling much quicker than usual. Maybe a combination of people wanting to make sure of priority (which shows the system works for Oxfam) and cost of living. Although I doubt BD has ever filled up THIS quickly.

Just now, philipsteak said:

Yep. No lineup yet either I don't think

Things shifted a couple of years ago, with other festivals filling much quicker than usual. Maybe a combination of people wanting to make sure of priority (which shows the system works for Oxfam) and cost of living. Although I doubt BD has ever filled up THIS quickly.

Also possible the volunteer number requirements of Oxfam could have changed.