Rick Astley and Blossoms - any chance of another Smiths gig?

O'Doyle Rules

27 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

and Kendal Calling so unfortunately I expect to be subjected to a couple of tracks during the Blossoms set 

I’ll be surprised and disappointed if this doesn’t happen. Sorry if that makes me a bad person 🥳 I reckon Rick will appear about an hour in so you can hit the bar and be back by the time it’s done 👍

15 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

I’ll be surprised and disappointed if this doesn’t happen. Sorry if that makes me a bad person 🥳 I reckon Rick will appear about an hour in so you can hit the bar and be back by the time it’s done 👍

haha the best part of Kendal is you don't even miss the music when at the bar or toilet! a great setup

Its only because I like Blossoms a lot so would rather two extra of their own songs vs Smiths covers

21 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

I'm surprised they didn't rush-announce a tour given the amount of hype and adoration for it even from people who just watched it on iPlayer. Could have easily sold out Brixton Academy sized venues off the back of it for some easy cash.

Yes - was expecting that - but then Rick announced a huge arena tour of his own.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

haha the best part of Kendal is you don't even miss the music when at the bar or toilet! a great setup

Its only because I like Blossoms a lot so would rather two extra of their own songs vs Smiths covers

Fair enough 👍 I think this collaboration thing has worked out well for the both of them. Haven’t been to KC for a few years. Think they’ve relocated the main stage since I was last there. Looking forward to being back in those wet, muddy fields 🫣

9 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

Fair enough 👍 I think this collaboration thing has worked out well for the both of them. Haven’t been to KC for a few years. Think they’ve relocated the main stage since I was last there. Looking forward to being back in those wet, muddy fields 🫣

They have relocated it, its much better now. Whereas it used to be a hill and surrounded by trees, there is still a hill but its pretty much completely open now, big bar and a couple of food vans at the back. Whole site has been completely reconfigured 

and yes, wet and muddy. every year

Edited by efcfanwirral
  • Upvote 1