This Main Stage on Thursday... Lenny Kravitz, Greta Van Fleet, Dropkick Murphys, Parkway Drive, The Hives, The Gaslight Anthem, Stone... Really bad. Poor headliner for RW in 2024. Not a big sub at all. 

The Main Stage on Friday still need a strong sub. I love Sum 41 but having them as sub for their farewell tour on a festival like RW is still pretty weak for me. But the fact they are above Yungblud - who were sub at PKP - isn't a good sign... 

The Main Stage on Saturday... Do they really put Khruangbin as sub? Honestly never heard about them before. But that doesn't matter. Looking on Internet, I don't have the feeling they are that big... There are only 2 bands missing and it seems impossible to see Nothing But Thieves lower than their actual spot.

The Main Stage on Sunday is still kinda empty with only Foo FightersRoyal Blood and The Breeders announced. But with the biggest headliner of the weekend, a day already soldout and Royal Blood almost confirmed as headliner I think, nothing more to expect here.

Obviously, I know the Main Stage isn't the only stage that matters. But for one of the biggest festivals and with that price, they have to get a decent line-up. Got honestly zero hype to back this year.

Capture d’écran 2024-01-17 à 16.15.43.png

Edited by Archi
  • Like 1

Nice additions although the line up clearly lacks some essential bands. 

And it´s still a mystery to me that Sum 41 (played in the afternoon last time) and Khruangbin are subbing. There might still be hope for a co headliner and in that case I think they get a separate announcement (like Stormzy got last year). 

29 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

Whoever was responsible for today's post clearly wanted to take the piss, right? 😂

A photo with thousands of people in front of the Barn's red crosses. Just the memory of it gives me the chills. Marketing 101...

image.thumb.png.8023bd9a205afa1debe40966be800609.png

They've changed it! RW marketing person reveal yourself! We know you read this forum! 😂

Some red crosses are still visible btw... 🙂 

image.thumb.png.83ccc94a553310e6e32d2fd80ea87be1.png

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

Nice additions although the line up clearly lacks some essential bands. 

And it´s still a mystery to me that Sum 41 (played in the afternoon last time) and Khruangbin are subbing. There might still be hope for a co headliner and in that case I think they get a separate announcement (like Stormzy got last year). 

Agree, but the reason Sum 41 played early last time, was 100% logistics. Khruangbin subbing before Dua Lipa, must be for those needing to go to sleep before she starts. They are decent, but has nothing to do subbing.

As for today's announcement, I'd say there are 4-5 decent addition, but boy those tables turn fast. Right now Saturday and Sunday look terrible and can pretty much only be saved by a magnificent Slope line-up. I would never have thought I'd say the Thursday look best, but it does. A quick count tells me I (at least for now) have 8 acts I stronly consider watching on Thursday,  Friday 5, Saturday 2 and Sunday 1(!). The weekend is insanely bad and I don't think I can ever recall having two days looking so bad in January when we're well over halfway. 

My liver will not like this line-up... 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tmolvik said:

Agree, but the reason Sum 41 played early last time, was 100% logistics. Khruangbin subbing before Dua Lipa, must be for those needing to go to sleep before she starts. They are decent, but has nothing to do subbing.

As for today's announcement, I'd say there are 4-5 decent addition, but boy those tables turn fast. Right now Saturday and Sunday look terrible and can pretty much only be saved by a magnificent Slope line-up. I would never have thought I'd say the Thursday look best, but it does. A quick count tells me I (at least for now) have 8 acts I stronly consider watching on Thursday,  Friday 5, Saturday 2 and Sunday 1(!). The weekend is insanely bad and I don't think I can ever recall having two days looking so bad in January when we're well over halfway. 

My liver will not like this line-up... 

Yeah , it´s not a liver friendly line up this year;) 

But I agree: strangely, Thursday is my personal favorite day right now. I actually would opt for Way out West this year but my daughter loves both Måneskin and Dua Lipa so Werchter it probably is! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, KH94 said:

Going to be a first time for me at RW. Can anyone give me a brief overview of the different stages ? Apart from main stage of course. 

small stage / big stage / Inside / outside kind of thing. 

The Barn is the biggest tent (20+ capacity) with some seating places. The Klub C is a little bit smaller but still big tent. Both big stages. Then you have the Slope which a way smaller stage outdoor. For both indoor stages, you have a system at the doors where they don't let you enter when the tent is full. And you have to wait that some people left before you can enter.

Edited by Archi

Sad about Nothing But Thieves on main stage.. I was hoping a ggod spot in The Barn, for better sound and ambiance..
Like many others I don't understand why Khruangbin  are at this place on the main stage. I hope a good sub for Dua Lipa.
Benjamin Clementine, Marc Rebillet, Janelle Monae are very good additions ! (I will be at the fest only the saturday, for my 10 years old daughter, she loves all of them ).

28 minutes ago, mikebat said:

Sad about Nothing But Thieves on main stage.. I was hoping a ggod spot in The Barn, for better sound and ambiance..
Like many others I don't understand why Khruangbin  are at this place on the main stage. I hope a good sub for Dua Lipa.
Benjamin Clementine, Marc Rebillet, Janelle Monae are very good additions ! (I will be at the fest only the saturday, for my 10 years old daughter, she loves all of them ).

I love NBT and totally agree with you. They're drowning on Main Stage, but I doubt there's any chance of getting them inside unfortunately 😞

On 1/17/2024 at 6:46 PM, Archi said:

The Barn is the biggest tent (20+ capacity) with some seating places. The Klub C is a little bit smaller but still big tent. Both big stages. Then you have the Slope which a way smaller stage outdoor. For both indoor stages, you have a system at the doors where they don't let you enter when the tent is full. And you have to wait that some people left before you can enter.

A WHOLE 20+ people!? 😲

😇

Well, after bashing this lineup again and again for the last weeks/months, I have finally been convinced to return to Werchter after a year without it. This lineup definitely talks less to me than it usually does (still some great names in there though), but let's hope the remaining names complete this nicely!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, polnico said:

Well, after bashing this lineup again and again for the last weeks/months, I have finally been convinced to return to Werchter after a year without it. This lineup definitely talks less to me than it usually does (still some great names in there though), but let's hope the remaining names complete this nicely!

Same thoughts here. Do not care at all for the headliners and most of the main stage acts, but luckily there are enough acts on the other stages to keep me happy.

Anyone having issues with ticketmaster?

I am filling in my address details after selecting two tickets, but can't get to the next page. I have tried my phone laptop and work MacBook but they all have the same issue. I haven't even got to the stage of putting in payment details.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

On 1/17/2024 at 12:14 PM, Archi said:

This Main Stage on Thursday... Lenny Kravitz, Greta Van Fleet, Dropkick Murphys, Parkway Drive, The Hives, The Gaslight Anthem, Stone... Really bad. Poor headliner for RW in 2024. Not a big sub at all. 

The Main Stage on Friday still need a strong sub. I love Sum 41 but having them as sub for their farewell tour on a festival like RW is still pretty weak for me. But the fact they are above Yungblud - who were sub at PKP - isn't a good sign... 

The Main Stage on Saturday... Do they really put Khruangbin as sub? Honestly never heard about them before. But that doesn't matter. Looking on Internet, I don't have the feeling they are that big... There are only 2 bands missing and it seems impossible to see Nothing But Thieves lower than their actual spot.

The Main Stage on Sunday is still kinda empty with only Foo FightersRoyal Blood and The Breeders announced. But with the biggest headliner of the weekend, a day already soldout and Royal Blood almost confirmed as headliner I think, nothing more to expect here.

Obviously, I know the Main Stage isn't the only stage that matters. But for one of the biggest festivals and with that price, they have to get a decent line-up. Got honestly zero hype to back this year.

I feel that Khruangbin is being "pushed down our throats" as main act in every major festival this year. I mean, i don't have anything against them or their work but it doesn't make sense for them to be so so high in every lineup.
I felt the same wiht maneskin as headiner but I can understand that because they have some big hits (and their concert is very good indeed). But khraiasadidagibin? no way

• Upvote 2

On 1/17/2024 at 3:14 PM, Archi said:

That's actually quite strong for me.

Lenny, PJ Harvey, Dropkicks, Parkway Drive, The Hives, Gaslight Anthem

Maneskin, Sum 41, Yungblud, Simple Plan

Dua Lipa, Avril Lavigne clashing Janelle is a pain, The Kooks

Foo Fighters. Sunday is by far my weakest day but I would attend that for a weekend had it not been a week after Glastonbury. One of the best I've seen this year with Nova Rock probably the exception.

I expect Glastonbury to take PJ Harvey, Yungblud, Avril Lavigne, The Kooks and Janelle Monae would be ace.

1 hour ago, douglasmanso said:

I feel that Khruangbin is being "pushed down our throats" as main act in every major festival this year. I mean, i don't have anything against them or their work but it doesn't make sense for them to be so so high in every lineup.
I felt the same wiht maneskin as headiner but I can understand that because they have some big hits (and their concert is very good indeed). But khraiasadidagibin? no way

interesting that the aren't even a main stage act at NOS ALIVE, most likely headlining the second stage. which seems about right, shocked its not a barn act TBH

1 hour ago, douglasmanso said:

Good agent, bad decision. Don't think Dua Lipa and Khruangbin align in the sense that most of the people camping for Dua will appreciate it. The rest of the Main Stage attendees will be in conversation with eachother during their set... Loudly.... There's a certain energy missing, because it's too laidback. Please keep in mind I've said nothing about how good they are, it's just how I feel it;s going to go down.

A top spot in The Barn would have made way more sense. Real fans and the right atmosphere.

Edited by The Black
  • Like 2

On 1/17/2024 at 4:14 PM, Archi said:

The Barn headliner on Thursday (Janes Addiction) is also really small for such a spot. That day is never, ever going to sell out. 

Finally the official message about the sold out Saturday though. 

Edited by matrainertje

Just now, Floyd_Ams said:

New names: Glints, Loverman, Equal Idiots, J. Bernardt, Peuk, BLUAI, Brutus, Isaac Roux, Whispering Sons, Eefje de Visser

If you've never seen Brutus live I recommend them 200%!

Yeah, Brutus are great and I saw Whispering Sons supporting Editors in my last gig pre-Covid, also a decent watch. 

Don’t think this was the announcement people were waiting for though sadly