17 hours ago, JackF94 said:

Would love to see something like

Thur - Tool, Queens of the Stone Age, Smashing Pumpkins, Weezer

Fri - Pearl Jam, The Killers, Liam Gallagher, Pulp

Sat - Dua Lipa, The Strokes, Maneskin, Greta Van Fleet

Sun - Foo Fighters, Kings of Leon, Arcade Fire, Foals 

I feel sorry for any band that has to go on after The Killers.

The Killers energy really made RHCP seem dull in 2022 for me.  

• Upvote 1

I know they won't be happening because Live Is Live is happening, but The National announcing a date over Werchter weekend in London when they couldn't get them for so long due due to Eaux Claires being the same weekend is so frustrating. Feels like it's going to be another over-diluted year in Europe where no festival gets that 10/10 line up because the bands worth seeing are spread too thinly again and too many festivals try and appeal to too many people.

Reading this forum, it seems that The National are the second coming of Led Zeppelin and we might as well not bother at all.

I like The National. It's not a worldwide panic that they booked someplace else. That money will go to some other compelling sub-headliner, like The Smile for instance.

• Upvote 1

I think Festivals will struggle more to find headliners. 

The majority of actual headliners came from 2000 to 2010. 

New act become big quiclky: Coldplay, Muse, Linkin Park, Arctic Monkeys

Band who became Big during 2000 2010: Foo Fighters, Green Day, Pearl Jam, Radiohead, RHCP.

Since 2010 there's only Imagine dragons (We like or dislike) and maybe TOP and Maneskin now. 

There is no other young band who became big for 10 years. 

Bands like NBT or RB will never became as Big as them. 

New Big act are only Pop and not rock. 

The Big headliner become older and there will be more and more Space between their tour.

I don't know how the Festival will do in the future. 

Edited by P.bintein
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, SonicSleuth said:

Reading this forum, it seems that The National are the second coming of Led Zeppelin and we might as well not bother at all.

I like The National. It's not a worldwide panic that they booked someplace else. That money will go to some other compelling sub-headliner, like The Smile for instance.

I think it's more a case that people are annoyed bands are around, available, and not getting booked (namely the national and green day). Foos is a great start and even if it is a year sparse with headliners, an off year for Werchter is still a good year, they always deliver a good lineup.

• Upvote 1

On 11/10/2023 at 6:48 PM, SonicSleuth said:

I can only speak for myself but it’s not about The National per se, but they haven’t played Werchter for 11 years by the time the next festival comes around. They’re a good live act, and one better suited to Werchter than some other acts on their level that have played over the years like Macklemore, Ellie Goulding, James Blake etc. You could easily change The National for many bands that we here have all had the same complaints about over the years that have been touring around Werchter that they’ve missed out on. 

You’re right though, there could very easily could be some excellent bands hiding behind contract embargoes that are still to be announced and we could still get a very good line up. 

Was at QOTSA in Antwerp yday evening, what a band. As far as I am concerned, I am fully ok with Werchter doing us a repeat of the RHCP situation last year. A combo with the Foos on the Sunday would be out of this world. I am expecting QOTSA at Pkp though.

Edited by polnico
  • Like 1

Amazing news to start the week! Didn't expect her to be announced now. First show announced for her in 2024. Hope we'll have other dates soon. With StuBru broadcasting the QOTSA show yesterday in Antwerp, I was expecting them to be announced before any other acts. Anyway, Foo's + Dua Lipa is a perfect start for me 🙂 

• Like 1

I'm sure this announcement will make many people happy, unfortunately I'm not one of them. Not my thing and not why many of us are regulars at this festival.

Still, I won't mind as long as we have something nice at the same time in the Barn. The Smile, PJ Harvey, Archive, Alice in Chains...plenty of options to fill that spot. It will be carnage at the entrance though!

Just please...don't follow this announcement with Ed Sheeran. That'd be too much!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Floyd_Ams said:

I'm sure this announcement will make many people happy, unfortunately I'm not one of them. Not my thing and not why many of us are regulars at this festival.

Still, I won't mind as long as we have something nice at the same time in the Barn. The Smile, PJ Harvey, Archive, Alice in Chains...plenty of options to fill that spot. It will be carnage at the entrance though!

Just please...don't follow this announcement with Ed Sheeran. That'd be too much!

This pretty much rules out Ed Sheeran unless he's playing Norway-Belgium back to back. Reckon he's the Boutique headliner.

1 hour ago, The Black said:

I'm going to need a name and address... An amazingly attractive woman with tight clothes made to show off her assets with the vocal range of a parrot, who needs an army of at least 30 writers, producers and Chat GPT to create a song of either one of the three topics: love, breaking up or partying... Praying for something decent in The Barn that evening. To the fans of Dua Lipa: it's just my opinion, which is sure to differ from yours.

Strong recommend you watch Dua's episode of "Song Exploder" to learn more about her before assuming too much. Just because she's attractive doesn't mean she lacks dedication to her craft.

I suppose there was a time when people thought Robert Plant and Eddie Vedder were just good looking guys, too.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, The Black said:

I'm going to need a name and address... An amazingly attractive woman with tight clothes made to show off her assets with the vocal range of a parrot, who needs an army of at least 30 writers, producers and Chat GPT to create a song of either one of the three topics: love, breaking up or partying... Praying for something decent in The Barn that evening. To the fans of Dua Lipa: it's just my opinion, which is sure to differ from yours.

It does. She's the best pop act on the planet. Banger after banger. Really disappointed we didn't get her for Pukkelpop. 

23 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

Homerun that, they couldn't have picked a much better pop day booking. 

Yeah I agree. I've always been honest enough to say that I would prefer it to be kept as 'Rock' Werchter, but that's not the reality we're in. So, all things considered they've definitely gone for the best pop headliner available to them. 

I saw Dua Lipa practically open the John Peel at Glasto in 2016 because my friend really liked her (I'd never heard of her), and never thought for a second at that point "she'll be one of the biggest artists in the world one day". Fast forward two years and she was on at Mad Cool playing after NIN, and she absolutely blew me away. Couldn't believe how quickly she had grown into the role, definitely won't look out of place headlining here. Think if they double it up with someone like KoL or QOTSA on before her they could sell a lot of tickets for that Saturday.