3 minutes ago, charlierc said:

We think this makes them more or less likely? No clash with Werchter but not the longest of turnarounds between Werchter and the first of these shows.

I would say more. They were also pretty much confirmed in a way by the guy from Rock Werchter so i understand from festileaks...

9 minutes ago, charlierc said:

We think this makes them more or less likely? No clash with Werchter but not the longest of turnarounds between Werchter and the first of these shows.

I think they'll be touring Europe May/June until the Werchter/Open'er weekend

On 10/1/2023 at 9:01 PM, Karlos12345 said:

Signs will come. It‘s still time til their usual December announcement.

FF, PJ and GD sounds like it‘s too big and too old but it also sounds a hell lot like Werchter.

Ed Sheeran announced for a quite small festival i Norway on the 4th of July. Very surprising booking and might be the one that rules him out for Werchter given that he's in Germany before that trip, but could be a potential for the Sunday maybe?

3 hours ago, charlierc said:

I can't see anything but them playing. If Werchter got Green Day and FF I may have to do Glastonbury....hopefully and then off to Werchter for a first try. See if they can bring Werchter back to the quality of lineup expected as I think the last two years at least overall haven't been there.

2 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

I‘d even have them penciled in for Mad Cool and NOS. It‘s EU to East Coast, so not too far and Dave Grohl is known for one-offs all over the world so I guess he wouldn‘t mind only 3 days between EU and US legs.

I don't think they'll do as close as 3 days before, Mad Cool will probably just lose out. I would try Mad Cool as Madrid is great but always here it's just badly communicated and organised. 

Edited by northernangel

7 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I can't see anything but them playing. If Werchter got Green Day and FF I may have to do Glastonbury....hopefully and then off to Werchter for a first try.

I don't think they'll do as close as 3 days before, Mad Cool will probably just lose out. 

Yeah maybe, was just a thought. But I guess Werchter is nailed on.

Edited by Karlos12345

14 minutes ago, ParanoidTourist said:

What do you think are the chances for Billie Eilish, Lana Del Rey or Olivia Rodrigo?

I'd say Bilie not much chance as she's currently in her second touring year. Lana's album was released this year so she could return got European fests and Olivia has a gap end of June to July 19th. She is well young enough to do Wechter and other bits up to possibly even Mad Cool weekend given Philly is East Coast states.

• Upvote 1

Pearl Jam Foo Fighters - Green Day ? Even if I'd love to see the FF live again and Green Day are always cool live (not a PJ fan), it sounds so old and not fresh at all... So many boys too...

At Rock En SeineBillie Eilish teased an upcoming release she's working on (new album I think) so I guess she'll take a break in 2024 to record it before coming back stronger in 2025 and finally headlining RWOlivia Rodrigo is doing a massive arena tour in Spring and gonna play twice in Antwerp in May so impossible to see her coming at RW this year.

Could Lana Del Rey fit as headliner at RW? Got the feeling it would be better on her own at Werchter Boutique per example. Dua Lipa? She recorded a new movie to be released in 2024... wondering if she finished her 3rd album or not. Ed Sheeran used to play his own Stadium shows or on Werchter field but as he's playing Southside/Hurricane..

3 hours ago, BlackFoxx said:

Gaslight Anthem are in the UK around this time for 2000 Trees. Would fit as an undercard act with some of the rumoured headliners (Foos, Pearl Jam, etc). Not sure how big they are in Belgium though. 

They played high at the old Barn last time (2013?) but the tent was far from being full

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

I‘d even have them penciled in for Mad Cool and NOS. It‘s EU to East Coast, so not too far and Dave Grohl is known for one-offs all over the world so I guess he wouldn‘t mind only 3 days between EU and US legs.

Maybe when they were younger but now I'm not quite so sure.

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

Maybe when they were younger but now I'm not quite so sure.

I‘m not saying I‘m sure, I‘m just saying it‘s totally possible. Just this year they had:

- 3 days off between Denver, USA > Curitiba, Brazil

- 5 days off between Yuzama, Japan (Fuji Rock) > Spokane, USA

- 2 days off between Manchester, USA (Bonnaroo) > Cannes, France

- 2 days off between Washington, USA > Nürburg, Germany (Rock am Ring)

Edited by Karlos12345

3 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

I‘m not saying I‘m sure, I‘m just saying it‘s totally possible. Just this year they had:

- 3 days off between Denver, USA > Curitiba, Brazil

- 5 days off between Yuzama, Japan (Fuji Rock) > Spokane, USA

- 2 days off between Manchester, USA (Bonnaroo) > Cannes, France

- 2 days off between Washington, USA > Nürburg, Germany (Rock am Ring)

I guess it depends how long they are doing overall tbf. Atm their June has 7 UK dates, last of which is on June 27th, so I guess it depends how many more they might do in Europe either side of it and whether that may be a factor for them doing Mad Cool/NOS the immediate few days before the first of their Citi Field concerts.

14 hours ago, charlierc said:

I guess it depends how long they are doing overall tbf. Atm their June has 7 UK dates, last of which is on June 27th, so I guess it depends how many more they might do in Europe either side of it and whether that may be a factor for them doing Mad Cool/NOS the immediate few days before the first of their Citi Field concerts.

Why the doubt? Foo Fighters has been confirmed by the festival organisator back in July. 

I'm more curious about the other names. 

I would love to see Jungle appear at Werchter, have they ever played it before? They’re doing Beyond the Pale in June and have a gap until Manchester on the 11th July so not impossible. They have a European tour booked for this October and November but don’t have anything booked in Belgium.

What do people think the chances are?

• Upvote 1