Graspop 2024

xydroh

Really surprised to see Architects there as they headline Alcatraz and are only playing festivals as headliners. But it's still a great add to me! Let's see when the line-up is full but I could go on Saturday. BMTHAvengedArchitectsLimp BizkitIce Nine KillsWhile She SleepsSteel PantherBrutus and curious to see Mike Patton with Mr Bungle.

Not the strongest year for Graspop (but that goes for most festivals this year), with a lot less Prog/Black/Doom/Death and waaaay too much Metalcore but can't complain, I'm still happy with my combi ticket.

Nice drop of names yesterday and especially: Turnstile, Architects, Fear Factory, Rival Sons, Ne Obliviscaris, Wolfmother, Limp Bizkit, Mr. Bungle, The Last International, Alien Weaponry.

From the leaked poster I will miss primarily Stone Temple Pilots, while Animals As Leaders would've been a nice addition too. But most of the ones I was hoping for came through.

Some interesting stats:

- 122 bands announced, so ±20 more to be added.

- Out of those 122, almost half (59) are first-timers!

- 4 bands in repeat from '23 

- 20 bands in common with the '22 poster

• Like 2

1 hour ago, strudd3rs said:

Is there any way we can take a rough guess at the placement of the non headliner logo bands by looking at their position on the poster?

For example, the band on the far left of the second line each day is likely to be a sub-headliner etc? 

As an educated guess, they could be following the same logic as the headliners (with a potential exception of a logo band playing in a tent). Meaning...as they appear on the poster from left to right, alternating between the South and North stage on the program (note: the south stage is actually the one on the right).

To give you an example, on Thursday, in a backward format, the program could look something like :

South: TOOL                         Megadeth                Baby Metal

North:            Alice Cooper                       Heart                         Polyphia

Edit: This is just an example. I wouldn't be surprised if, for example, Polyphia will play in Marquee and Crosses on the main

Edited by Floyd_Ams
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, theshielder said:

yes easy.

all the logos are main stage. 

the names just after are low main stage or others stages headliners 😉 

Looking at previous year's posters, your statement is incorrect. I'm almost certain Emperor will be a Marquee headliner in 2024.

Not all logos are main stage necessarily. Most of them are but not all. Opeth and Heilung in '22 for example both played in Marquee. This could be the case for Polyphia, Emperor and Mr. Bungle this year. Also, logo bands aren't necessarily the "biggest" that day. Look at Mammoth for example 😉

Difference between leaked and official poster. The bands which are on both posters are not included

Leaked:

A Day To Remember - Animals As Leaders - Breaking Benjamin - Bullet For My Valentine - Casey - Cavalera - Fit For An Autopsy - Frog Leap - John Coffey - Mudvayne - Nightranger - Static Dress - Stone Temple Pilots - Suicide Silence - The Dead Daisies - The Pretty Reckless - Theory Of A Deadman - Tremonti - We Came As Romans

Offical:

Alien Weaponry - Architects - Atreyu - Avantasia - Batushka - Brian Downey's Alive And Dangerous - Crownshift - Drug Church - Dying Wish - Eisbrecher - Fear Factory - Floatsam and Jetsam - Health - Heart - Mammoth WVH - Ne Obliviscaris - P.O.D. - The Last Internationale - Thursday - Underoath - Uriah Heep

What we’ve learned? Leaked poster are not always 100% accurate and in this case, it’s a big difference

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Have someone observed if Graspop shared names with Werchter? Audience very different but still in Belgium - 50km and a weekend apart...
Thinking about the remaining 15ish bands for Graspop and names like Bad Omens, Janes Addiction come to mind... they all have a gap during the fest, but are also at RW.

If they have only fillers for the last wave - no need to keep it for later. Line up is very strong already.

38 minutes ago, r55N said:

Have someone observed if Graspop shared names with Werchter? Audience very different but still in Belgium - 50km and a weekend apart...
Thinking about the remaining 15ish bands for Graspop and names like Bad Omens, Janes Addiction come to mind... they all have a gap during the fest, but are also at RW.

If they have only fillers for the last wave - no need to keep it for later. Line up is very strong already.

They usually don't share anyone. It happens sometimes they share like 1 or 2 bands but that's usually due to something unexpected happening.

Not a clue where they would fit in, but Journey just announced their first European date for 11 years playing Sweden Rock Festival. First band I ever saw, have a real soft spot for them, and they have a near 2 month gap between May and July so imagine they'll be adding more shows. If they're here that will be the thing that tips me over the edge I think.

On 2/14/2024 at 11:35 AM, 49Lawson said:

Not a clue where they would fit in, but Journey just announced their first European date for 11 years playing Sweden Rock Festival. First band I ever saw, have a real soft spot for them, and they have a near 2 month gap between May and July so imagine they'll be adding more shows. If they're here that will be the thing that tips me over the edge I think.

What about subbing Alice Cooper on Thurs? Then it could be a run of Heart > Journey > Alice Cooper on MS2 for the classic rock fans.

11 hours ago, Booster said:

What about subbing Alice Cooper on Thurs? Then it could be a run of Heart > Journey > Alice Cooper on MS2 for the classic rock fans.

Yeah, that could be a brilliant run for your fans of old school rock like myself!

10 hours ago, Gossard said:

Any chance we'll have Evanescence? 

Now that would be really spoiling us

Got excited seeing a Graspop notification pop up on my phone at 3pm. Just to say 'Saturday tickets running low'.

Don't think we'll be getting anything tomorrow as Pukkelpop have an announcement scheduled, but just wanted to give a heads up in case anyone was debating Saturday tickets 🙂

• 3 weeks later...