Graspop 2024

xydroh

Scorpions is always available... even if they did a farewell tour 10 year ago. Almost every year we could sadly have them. The only shows in EU they have announced so far are a festival the first weekend of July in Germany and the Wacken end of July. It doesn't make them sure for Graspop

About Machine Head, it would sound cheap to bring them as headliner again after bringing them as exclusive show this year so they are out. Parkway Drive and Pantera are both potential as they are in the area. I honestly prefer to see other bands than the same 2 years in a row. Even if I love Parkway Drive and their show was insane this year (as always)!

19 minutes ago, Gossard said:

What about Sabaton?

It's the good year for them. In 2022, they replace kinda last-minute Aerosmith as headliner for the last day. In 2023, last May, they played a huge festival in the biggest arena of the country. I'd prefer to see Sabaton in 2024 instead of Scorpions (also played in 2022, replacement for Avenged Sevenfold)!

Thursday
SS: Tool - Jane's Addiction.
NS: Sum 41 - Dropkick Murphys.

Friday
SS: Five Finger Death Punch - Corey Taylor.
NS: Judas Priest - Megadeth.

Saturday:
SS: Bring Me The Horizon - Electric Callboy.
NS: Avenged Sevenfold - Limp Bizkit (?).

Sunday:
SS: Sabaton - Pantera.
NS: Deep Purple - Alice Cooper.

When the website admin hits "Enter" too soon:

"With Scorpions and Machine Head we are adding the headliners for Sunday to the line-up of #GMM24. Together with Tool, [ENTER BAND], Five Finger Death Punch, Judas Priest, Bring Me the Horizon and Avenged Sevenfold they will lay siege to Dessel in June 2024. Scorpions will close out the South Stage on Sunday 23 June and that same evening Machine Head will headline the North Stage. More confirmations for Graspop Metal Meeting 2024 will follow soon."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Archi said:

Damn... Scorpions again and MH again... So we're only missing 1 headliner for the 2nd Main Stage on Thursday. hopefully we gonna have more names before tickets sales on Saturday.

Yeah...Scorpions especially wasn't great news but on the bright side it will make it an easier way out. A last beer at Hard Rock Cafe (or watch them for a bit from afar depending on our energy levels) and then head to Inferno avoiding the crowds. 

I'm hoping for a big drop of names before Saturday. The undercard is Graspop's strong...card anyway!

I listened to the interview and I didn't hear he said tomorrow, just hear it was coming this week. He also confirms that this year was really hard to make the line-up because of the huge number of festivals in Europe. Honestly I don't expect any surprises, we surely gonna have only bands already announced somewhere else as so many festivals have already announced first names. Just hope enough great bands on Saturday next to BMTH and A7X.

Not gonna list 80 bands but I count on these acts in the announcement: 
Alice Cooper, Deftones, Electric Callboy, Dropkick Murphys, Megadeth, Bad Omens, Dimmu Borgir, Kreator, Body Count, BabyMetal, Bruce Dickinson, Biohazard, Rhapsody Of Fire, Hatebreed, While She Sleeps, Polyphia, Satyricon, Mudvayne, Bury Tomorrow, Kvelertak, Thy Art Is Murder, Fu Manchu, Malevolence, The Black Dahlia Murder, Brujeria, Silverstein, Atreyu, Counterparts, Fear Factory, Madball, Knosis, Erra, Shadow Of Intent, Bleed From Within, Oxymorrons, Nova Twins...

36 minutes ago, Archi said:

I listened to the interview and I didn't hear he said tomorrow, just hear it was coming this week. He also confirms that this year was really hard to make the line-up because of the huge number of festivals in Europe. Honestly I don't expect any surprises, we surely gonna have only bands already announced somewhere else as so many festivals have already announced first names. Just hope enough great bands on Saturday next to BMTH and A7X.

Alice Cooper, Deftones, Electric Callboy, Dropkick Murphys, Megadeth, Bad Omens, Dimmu Borgir, Kreator, Body Count, BabyMetal, Bruce Dickinson, Biohazard, Rhapsody Of Fire, Hatebreed, While She Sleeps, Polyphia, Satyricon, Mudvayne, Bury Tomorrow, Kvelertak, Thy Art Is Murder, Fu Manchu, Malevolence, The Black Dahlia Murder, Brujeria, Silverstein, Atreyu, Counterparts, Fear Factory, Madball, Knosis, Erra, Shadow Of Intent, Bleed From Within, Oxymorrons, Nova Twins...

Add Cory Taylor and Skálmöld 😉 

49 minutes ago, Archi said:

I'm assuming American bands don't want to announce things during Thanksgiving even if it's in Europe so I would guess tomorrow based on that as well 

Edited by Nicklord

3 hours ago, Archi said:

I’m guessing Deftones will be the other Thursday headliner then

3 hours ago, Archi said:

You can add to those the self-confirmed Night Verses, Rotting Christ and Vltimas.

Edited by Floyd_Ams
  • Upvote 1