Graspop 2024

xydroh

What a joke... Why upgrade a very very old act as headliner?! They could have put a younger act. Graspop always finds a way to disappoint me. And I guess the 80 names will come on Friday then, one day before tickets go on sale.

EDIT: In 2015, he was sub on the second Main Stage. In 2022, he played third below all headliners on Main Stage 1 at 6pm. What about booking Sum 41 for their last festival in Belgium?!

Edited by Archi

Tool: first time.
Avenged Sevenfold: last time was in 2018.
Bring Me The Horizon: first as headliner and last appearance was in 2014.

Machine Head: was there in 2023 as European exclusive.
Scorpions: was there in 2022.
Judas Priest: was there in 2022.
Alice Cooper: was there in 2022 but not headliner (only been headliner 20y ago).
Five Finger Death Punch: was there in 2022.

It's disappointing. But for once, it's not 100% fault of Graspop. The quantity of potential headliners was really poor this year. Have they tried to get something different like Queens Of The Stone Age? Not sure. Especially as there are so many festivals in Belgium and the band will play surely at Pukkelpop in August. Looking at Rock Am Ring, they have only 2 metal bands in their 9 "headliners" (Avenged Sevenfold and Parkway Drive). Download also changed and has only 1 metal band in their 3 headliners (Avenged Sevenfold). We don't know yet about Hellfest but it's a really different situation as they're always soldout whatever they book. NovaRock has 2 metal bands in their 4 headliners (both are at GraspopBMTH and A7X). Congrats to Graspop for having a different headliner like Tool but it's still frustrating to see the lack of possibilities.

• Upvote 1

Thursday: Tool, Megadeth, All Them Witches, Kvertlak, Bury Tomorrow, Night Verses, Erra

Friday: Judas Priest, Pendulum, Fun Manchu, Nile, Dying Fetus, High on Fire

Saturday: BMTH, Avenged Sevenfold, Abbath, While She Sleeps, Brutus, Blind Guardian (why so low, I thought they were more popular), Rotting Christ

Sunday: Body Count, Emperor, Igorrr, Kanivool, Dark Funeral, Ihsahn

That's for me on the first glance, I don't know several bands that I'll check out. All in all, it's a good 7.5/10 lineup.

• Like 1

The biggest - and only - surprise is def. Pendulum! A little bit surprised too that Bad Omens are not in this first announcement but gonna be for early 2024 I guess.

Never thought they could play at Graspop! For the overall line-up, it's decent. But I'm sad some bands like Electric CallboyPendulum or BabyMetal are not on Saturday. It's the only day without logos behind headliners: hope they'll give some great subs for that day.

58 minutes ago, Archi said:

The biggest - and only - surprise is def. Pendulum! A little bit surprised too that Bad Omens are not in this first announcement but gonna be for early 2024 I guess.

Never thought they could play at Graspop! For the overall line-up, it's decent. But I'm sad some bands like Electric CallboyPendulum or BabyMetal are not on Saturday. It's the only day without logos behind headliners: hope they'll give some great subs for that day.

Limp Bizkit & Alestorm for saturday and show is guaranteed

I'm a bit split after today's announcement. Descent lineup so far, no doubt, but not amazing for my taste and I certainly didn't get that excitement feeling of having so many "must sees" each day that I fear of the clashes. A feeling I 'd normally get in the past.

Thursday is by far my favourite day with Tool, All Them Witches, Kvelertak, Megadeth, Night Verses, Polyphia, ERRA, Bury Tomorrow.

Let's see what the remaining 40+ names will be but I will keep hoping that some bands from Alcatraz's poster will end up here too (although unlikely) like Opeth, Paradise Lost, Crippled Black Phoenix, The Ocean, Dark Tranquillity.