Graspop 2024

xydroh

5 hours ago, Archi said:

Better late than never, Graspop is alive. They update their socials and put a first teasing. I read on other topics (didn't find an official info about that online) that Tool gonna announce their tour tomorrow. Primavera also update their socials today. Could tomorrow be the day?

🤘

7 hours ago, Archi said:

It's official now. Tickets go on sale on November 25th so we gonna have names before. I guess at least Avenged Sevenfold as second headliner and a bunch of other names. 

TOOL.jpeg

what are your feelings about QOTSA? Are they GMM material ore more likely for PKP or for RW again? 

9 minutes ago, gigi21 said:

what are your feelings about QOTSA? Are they GMM material ore more likely for PKP or for RW again? 

I think they fit well to all three of them. Even GMM has had "softer" rock bands than QOTSA on the main stage in the past so I don't see it as an issue (look at Hellfest).

All things considered, the festival that suits them best is RW I think but they were there last year so I guess that increases the chances for the other two and especially PKP. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised to see them at RW for a second year in a row either, especially after last year's triumph.

• Upvote 1

Based on their music style, QOTSA could play a festival like Graspop. But I really doubt it could happen. So many bands could have played at Graspop the last few years: rock bands, bands with a strong rock/metal relation like Tenacious D. The only update Graspop made recently is to have more punk-rock bands especially in the higher spots like Rise Against sub-headliner in 2018, Rancid last year, Dropkick Murphys, etc. In all the festivals I know, Graspop is the most old-school festival I know. And it needs really big day to have me back (like Saturday this year). So to answer your question about QOTSA, I'd say they have 1% chance to be there, 50% for Pukkelpop and 49% for Rock Werchter.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SweetJesus said:

No, they are not, according to jimmywee. He said they will be in Belgium, but no Graspop, no Werchter. And if they are in some universe booked for Graspop, they will be announced today 

Apologies for the ignorance, but who is Jimmy Wee and how reliable are they?

BMTH is the main headliner while Avenged will headline the second Main Stage. Nothing weird about that. BMTH hype is huge and they deserve this spot. I hope we gonna have a fresh/great line-up around them not make it a great day - like the Saturday this year! Electric Callboy would be the perfect sub.

SS: Bring Me The Horizon - Electric Callboy - Bad Omens.
NS: Avenged Sevenfold - Sum 41 - Baby Metal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, strudd3rs said:

How likely is it that non logo bands are repeated the next year?

I see Enter Shikari played last year but are on the circuit again this year and they’re one of my favourite bands!

It happens sometimes that bands play 2 years in a row. But don't count on Enter Shikari. It was already a (good) surprise to finally see them play in 2023, I don't think they'll be back in 2024. So far, only Rock Am Ring announced them because they release their full line-up. But with their headline tour early next year, you won't see them being announced to other festivals soon. Maybe they'll play early in a Marquee at Rock Werchter...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Archi said:

BMTH is the main headliner while Avenged will headline the second Main Stage. Nothing weird about that. BMTH hype is huge and they deserve this spot. I hope we gonna have a fresh/great line-up around them not make it a great day - like the Saturday this year! Electric Callboy would be the perfect sub.

SS: Bring Me The Horizon - Electric Callboy - Bad Omens.
NS: Avenged Sevenfold - Sum 41 - Baby Metal.

In my boring way, still feel BMTH could do with nudging those headline sets up to the ninety-minute mark, though given they seldom hit those figures on their own shows (a point of consternation for me), maybe seventy-five minutes is plenty enough.