What have you done to get ready for Glastonbury 24 ?

Crazyfool01

48 minutes ago, incident said:

One year, I was very smug about the fact that I'd managed to find a cheap train ticket from Bristol, and that combined with the shuttle bus to Temple Meads saved about £30 versus getting the direct coach home.

Monday morning, I was desperately wishing I'd booked the direct option. Definitely worth the extra if you can.

Panic over.  Sensible me had already paid the extra £20 and amended the ticket to an earlier, direct ticket.  Stupid me has absolutely no recollection of booking the indirect in the first place but that was the first email I found and the ticket that had been added to my Google calendar (which led me to check it in the first place)!

So tomorrow I am going to print out the amended ticket so I don't make that mistake again!

On 4/9/2024 at 9:59 AM, balti-pie said:

smoked pineapple daiquiri at m&s - holy shitballs, these are good. get on board. Trialled them cold, lovely, next trial will be unrefrigerated but im sure they'll still be pretty good 

UNREAL recommendation! Shaken in the cocktail shaker, in the novelty martini glasses (plastics). Getting packed in the cool box, thanks for the suggestion. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

I have checked my coach ticket.  Why the f**k did I book my return from Glastonbury to Bristol and then Bristol to Birmingham?  What was I thinking?  Ah well, I'll survive I guess.

Edit - the direct is half an hour later and £20 more.  Hmm, shall I change it if I can, I think I might.

I made that mistake in 2022.  They cancelled the connecting coach from Bristol to Brum and I ended up waiting nearly 4 hours for the next coach.  Not making that mistake again, booked direct both ways this year (£34 each way national express).

13 hours ago, Spindles said:

I made that mistake in 2022.  They cancelled the connecting coach from Bristol to Brum and I ended up waiting nearly 4 hours for the next coach.  Not making that mistake again, booked direct both ways this year (£34 each way national express).

That's what I was worried about - or the first coach being delayed so missing the second.  All well now - direct coach checked and printed out (yes National Express, I am aware of the environment but if you think I am banking on my phone displaying the ticket correctly on Monday, you've got another think coming!)

A walk into the local town centre (fitness) to oxfam to enter another Glasto competition (def not fitness, but giving to charity and still clinging onto the possibility of being at the festival)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Just had a quote through for a ballon flight over the fest site the Thursday before the festival … £250 … now contemplating if it’s too much or wether to go for it 

If the weather is good enough for a balloon flight then everyone will be happy. If you booking it makes it happen then we can thank you for a sunny wind free Thursday! 😝

1 minute ago, LateStarter50 said:

If the weather is good enough for a balloon flight then everyone will be happy. If you booking it makes it happen then we can thank you for a sunny wind free Thursday! 😝

yeah one day ticked off in the build up 🙂 ... will see , and obviously id take a few photos for here 🙂 

6 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Just had a quote through for a ballon flight over the fest site the Thursday before the festival … £250 … now contemplating if it’s too much or wether to go for it 

Think that's not much more than over Bath tbh, so considering transport costs of the balloon and kit that's pretty competitive. 

12 hours ago, eatingglitter said:

Like extensions of the family but my god they don't half cost some money haha

I have a new garage cause I moved. He's great, but he asks questions my old garage didn't, because they were used to me and accepted my special interests. Perhaps initially rhetorical, like:

"You want to repair THIS?!"

🤣

Edited by irnkrtn

15 hours ago, irnkrtn said:

Paid £800 🤢 for my camper to pass its MOT. Fingers crossed they can do all the work and TOMORROW SHE RIDES AGAIN.

If it makes you feel better, in the last few weeks I've paid £250 to not fix my car and it's going back for a third time on Monday 🙃

45 minutes ago, irnkrtn said:

I have a new garage cause I moved. He's great, but he asks questions my old garage didn't, because they were used to me and accepted my special interests. Perhaps initially rhetorical, like:

"You want to repair THIS?!"

🤣

Haha! I can imagine. I keep reassuring myself that I see split screens and T3s all over the shop, so my T5 will be fine forever and ever. I am ignoring those split screens are prob Brazilian imports that are as old as mine, lol

Cool boxes - Is there a consensus on how much is too much to spend on one? I've never taken one in the past, just had warm drinks but I'd like to take cold brew and some cocktails this year so I'm looking to invest

I currently have a lidl special plug in box which stays cold for about 12 hours if you don't plug it in so that's not an option 

Willing (sort of) to spend about £100 on one as it'll be used throughout the year 

2 minutes ago, EavisAintDead said:

Cool boxes - Is there a consensus on how much is too much to spend on one? I've never taken one in the past, just had warm drinks but I'd like to take cold brew and some cocktails this year so I'm looking to invest

I currently have a lidl special plug in box which stays cold for about 12 hours if you don't plug it in so that's not an option 

Willing (sort of) to spend about £100 on one as it'll be used throughout the year 

I freeze my ciders and chocka it full of ice and ice scrapings also wrap it in a space blanket and I’ve still got cold ciders on Sunday . Blackout tent also helps but cool box is only a fairly cheap Asda one 

Just now, Crazyfool01 said:

I freeze my ciders and chocka it full of ice and ice scrapings also wrap it in a space blanket and I’ve still got cold ciders on Sunday . Blackout tent also helps but cool box is only a fairly cheap Asda one 

No Burst cans? Is it just beer that explodes? 

16 minutes ago, EavisAintDead said:

We have a huge Coleman one, I don't take it to Glasto as it's too big but they do smaller ones. If you charge it up by putting frozen drinks bottles filled 3/4 full of water in it for a week before, swapping out melted ones for new frozen ones when needed, and only putting in cold or frozen drinks when heading off to the fest then it stays proper cold for a good 4 or 5 days. It's worth spending a bit of money to get something decent, I think it was £120 4 or 5 years ago.  

Edited by Johnnyseven
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1) Just managed to get my US school bus through it's MOT.  

2) Made a massive phone charger/ 240v supply from an old eBike battery and various buck converters, charger and inverters. Connects from anything to anything!

8 minutes ago, timbrass said:

1) Just managed to get my US school bus through it's MOT.  

2) Made a massive phone charger/ 240v supply from an old eBike battery and various buck converters, charger and inverters. Connects from anything to anything!

If i see a tent on fire - i'll know where your camping!