What have you done to get ready for Glastonbury 24 ?

Crazyfool01

32 minutes ago, Mark H said:

This sounds like you are taking things to the next level. Lasers look great when directed through smoke. Just saying…

On the banned list … although I have looked .. problem is keeping them on for longer periods of time they seem to burnout . Pens definately no good . I’ve got 6 months though so might well figure something out . 

On 12/10/2023 at 11:11 PM, Franky said:

Asked the Mrs to get me some more blue fire creating pine cones. Was great fun watching my mate who had just come back from the loo to the campsite sit down and look around as though to say to everyone “Can anyone else see the fire is blue??” 😂

That’s awesome. Where does she get them from and do they do a variety of colours?

I’m thinking to buy the alcohol and just leave it there with the tag “ Glastonbury 2024”, just to remind myself that I’m so lucky that I go tickets! 

I’m about to order a new vape with many flavours, just missing the plane tickets from Spain. 

By the way, are smoke flares allowed? Can I buy it at the festival? 

Cheers, not Cher😛

26 minutes ago, IBCanon said:

I’m thinking to buy the alcohol and just leave it there with the tag “ Glastonbury 2024”, just to remind myself that I’m so lucky that I go tickets! 

I’m about to order a new vape with many flavours, just missing the plane tickets from Spain. 

Cheers, not Cher😛

People use them but I’ve never seen them sold there.  

Doesn’t mean they are not though.

4 hours ago, IBCanon said:

They're banned.

Persons using fireworks will be evicted from site and materials confiscated.

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/think-before-you-pack-for-this-years-festival

That's said, people smuggle them in and some people like them but ymmv ig you think it's worth the risk.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

On the banned list … although I have looked .. problem is keeping them on for longer periods of time they seem to burnout . Pens definately no good . I’ve got 6 months though so might well figure something out . 

I’ve tried it with my laser box …. Works ok but definately better if I don’t put smoke machine on the hat . Warning flashing lasers in vid 

Edited by Crazyfool01
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just got home (managed to dodge the rain!) with a huge branch of Cedar Of Lebanon. About three tonnes in total, cut into managable chunks. Put a load of the thinner pieces in lean-to. Will split and stack soon. Keeping it for our firepit which we sometimes use at the festival. It smells absolutely fantastic when it burns.

Edited by Sawdusty surfer
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Gnomicide said:

Screenshot_20240106_223033_Chrome.jpg.756b44aef0854813257432cb9bdbc946.jpg

You'll need to be careful with that.

Yeah I’ve checked it won’t cause issues with anything flying as it’s not got the strength and will be directed upward but appreciate the comment as it was something I had concerns over 

54 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Yeah I’ve checked it won’t cause issues with anything flying as it’s not got the strength and will be directed upward but appreciate the comment as it was something I had concerns over 

I think the ban on laser pens is more to do with the twats that seem to find it funny to aim it in performers eyes, rather than the risk of aviation interference. Not that you're going to do anything like that obviously. But a security guard working to instructions may not know that or give the discretion.