What have you done to get ready for Glastonbury 24 ?

Crazyfool01

16 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

What is the location like at Tangerine Fields? Is it going to be massively inconvenient to come to and from our tent on a daily basis? Also do you know if it’s quiet at night?

Hi yeah we like TF and have used 6 times now.

Location is about 200m outside Gate B so about 15 mins easy walk in to Pyramid....a bit longer going back as it's all uphill when you're tired 😂

The carpark is in an adjacent field so you're only 3 minutes from your tent.  Getting out on Monday is super easy as they direct a different way that doesn't get tangled with main carpark traffic.

Bar, food, showers, flushers all in site.  Go for the Base Camp option as it's cheaper and less 'glamping' - unless that's your thing obvs.

They're on sale now so get in quick if you fancy it.

Oh and yes....quiet at night... well as quiet as you'd expect being within 500m of 200,000 other folks.

Edited by parsonjack
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, parsonjack said:

Hi yeah we like TF and have used 6 times now.

Location is about 200m outside Gate B so about 15 mins easy walk in to Pyramid....a bit longer going back as it's all uphill when you're tired 😂

The carpark is in an adjacent field so you're only 3 minutes from your tent.  Getting out on Monday is super easy as they direct a different way that doesn't get tangled with main carpark traffic.

Bar, food, showers, flushers all in site.  Go for the Base Camp option as it's cheaper and less 'glamping' - unless that's your thing obvs.

They're on sale now so get in quick if you fancy it.

Oh and yes....quiet at night... well as quiet as you'd expect being within 500m of 200,000 other folks.

Thanks pal, we’ve taken the plunge and booked it. I think the piece of mind of a guaranteed spot, avoiding hauling heavy gear over long distances, avoiding pitching in the rain and east access to the car for extra storage is well worth the money. Another job off the list 👍🏼

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JayBoogie said:

Something I made a note to look into after this year - does anyone have a way of messaging that doesn't use mobile/data? I read something about apps that can hop on people's bluetooth, is that a thing? It's so hard to find friends in the busy areas at night, no signal and everyone's mashed

I heard talk of something like that last year but it needs a critical mass of users before it’s actually effective. Not sure if it went anywhere. 

The tried and tested method is spotting a friend in a silly hat that lights up. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

I heard talk of something like that last year but it needs a critical mass of users before it’s actually effective. Not sure if it went anywhere. 

Works a treat 😉

12 minutes ago, craigManc said:

coaches booked 12:30 from manchester,  leave booked and new camping chair ordderd.

I will be surveying expert opinions on camping chairs. I have back issues - don't we all, so I tend to carry it around for when I'm spending prolonged stints at a stage.

I'd be keen to hear recommendations! My old one - not sure what make it was - broke when my grandmother last sat in it.

Booked a hotel near Bath train station on the Tuesday, to make Wednesday morning less painful travelling from Newcastle. Always nice to have a few drinks and a nice meal before 5 days of camping as well. 

27 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Booked a hotel near Bath train station on the Tuesday, to make Wednesday morning less painful travelling from Newcastle. Always nice to have a few drinks and a nice meal before 5 days of camping as well. 

Something neutral, meal-wise. Can't imagine being blatted by a dodgy dinner the night before is a great experience...!

9 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

I will be surveying expert opinions on camping chairs. I have back issues - don't we all, so I tend to carry it around for when I'm spending prolonged stints at a stage.

I'd be keen to hear recommendations! My old one - not sure what make it was - broke when my grandmother last sat in it.

my fried has back issues and swaers by this chair.
 https://www.amazon.co.uk/STRONGBACK-Chair-Blend-Black-Original/dp/B09DGSZ7V2/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1F69XZGT4EMQV&keywords=STRONGBACK%2BElite%2B2.0&qid=1700559114&sprefix=strongback%2Belite%2B2.0%2B%2Caps%2C116&sr=8-1&ufe=app_do%3Aamzn1.fos.23648568-4ba5-49f2-9aa6-31ae75f1e9cd&th=1

21 hours ago, Franky said:

Booked a nearby hotel to make my journey in the early hours of Tuesday morning easier. 

Also mean a couple of hours more sleep 👍

I was literally just coming here to write the same thing. Did the same last year, was so nice to have the sleep on Monday night, bath in the morning then roll on site with my caravan on Tuesday. It's my birthday on the Monday too, so I'm going to book some spa treatments and everything. Found an unbeatable price on a spa hotel 👌🏼 woohooooo it's happening!!!

• Upvote 1

On 11/20/2023 at 3:32 PM, squirrelarmy said:

I actually found that WhatsApp was pretty reliable this year. Maybe a bit of a delay of 30-60 minutes but worked much better than SMS that in the past might arrive days later. Think I even made a couple of WhatsApp calls over the weekend too. Mobile internet otherwise was fairly crap but I wondered if they'd allowed certain types of apps that used up small amounts of data (e.g. WhatsApp) preference on local mobile networks?

23 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Something neutral, meal-wise. Can't imagine being blatted by a dodgy dinner the night before is a great experience...!

Happened to a mate a few years back. He got to know the various long drops, composters and portaloos very well that year. 

If you are in an unfamiliar area of the festival and need to know where the nearest toilet is, he's your man.

26 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Happened to a mate a few years back. He got to know the various long drops, composters and portaloos very well that year. 

If you are in an unfamiliar area of the festival and need to know where the nearest toilet is, he's your man.

Outstanding consumer information, to be fair.