2024 Stage Predictions

9 minutes ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

Hmmm missing a couple of probables there- Tony Hadley & Gabrielle 

I've not included the Avalon and Acoustic stages. Gabrielle might get an early Pyramid slot, but I think it's more likely she'll be stuck on Avalon.

8 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

I've not included the Avalon and Acoustic stages. Gabrielle might get an early Pyramid slot, but I think it's more likely she'll be stuck on Avalon.

You reckon?

Shes playing a few arenas next year again and getting a lot of hype for her new album out in May. 

Could easily see Tony Hadley getting the Rick Astley slot and Gabrielle the Sophie Ellis Bextor.

5 hours ago, Dreamingofsunnydays said:

You reckon?

Shes playing a few arenas next year again and getting a lot of hype for her new album out in May. 

Could easily see Tony Hadley getting the Rick Astley slot and Gabrielle the Sophie Ellis Bextor.

It is possible they could both get early Pyramid slots, I just think there are only a select few slots to choose from and Glastonbury do like to have a couple of international type acts early in the day.

I think Sophie Ellis-Bextor and Rick Astley last year wasn't the usual. For example in 2022 they had acts like Les Amazones D'Afrique, Ziggy Marley, DakhaBrakha. I think usually when they go for the Radio 2 type middle-of-the-road kind of acts it's usually ones that are Glastonbury regulars that tend to play acoustic stage or avalon like the Proclaimers, Bootleg Beatles, Bjorn Again, Squeeze, Paul Carrack etc. I can see Gabrielle in the slot, but for some reason I don't see Tony Hadley in that category. Not that he wouldn't kill it in the slot with all the Spandau Ballet hits he has!

Edited by Acid_Haze

On 2/9/2024 at 3:15 PM, Acid_Haze said:

Ok not done one of these in a while, probably closer than my last one but still a bit far off:

Fri: Nieve Ella/Johnny Marr -> Lancey Foux -> Griff -> Madness/The Last Dinner Party -> Zara Larsson/Janelle Monae -> TBA (Pulp) -> Doja Cat -> Stevie Wonder

Sat: CVC -> Bakar -> Olivia Dean -> Holly Humberstone -> PinkPantheress -> Olivia Rodrigo/Barry Can't Swim -> Dua Lipa/Jungle/Justice

Sun: Coach Party -> Yussef Dayes -> King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard/CMAT -> Shania Twain -> Ice Spice/Tyla -> Overmono -> Coldplay 

Given this another go. Can't remember whether we had a day on the info for Stevie/Coldplay. It's pretty much all based around artists who are at least vaguely touring around Glastonbury. Paolo probably isn't sub size, more 3rd down, but with Doja and Olivia likely out (probably waiting to headline in the next couple of years) I wasn't sure which sub size acts were touring so thought we may see a Royal Blood style bump up.

Some placings may be off but I hope people have some fun with it!

Pyramid: Stevie Wonder, Sting, 21 Savage, Keane, The Last Dinner Party, Rita Ora, Local Band

Other: SZA, Deftones, Denzel Curry, Greta van Fleet, Beabadoobee, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, The Human League, Happy Mondays, Bombay Bicycle Club

West Holts: LCD Soundsystem, Sampha, Black Pumas, Sister Sledge, St Paul & The Broken Bones, Paris Texas, Black Uhuru, Jalen Ngonda

Woodsies: Underworld, Beth Gibbons, Cian Ducrot, Bleachers, X (Catfish and the Bottlemen), Faye Webster, Sorry, Panic Shack

Park: The Smile, Lord Huron, Mavis Staples, Alvvays, Sprints, The Mysterines, Bdrmm, Picture Parlour

Pyramid: Dua Lipa, Pulp, Troye Sivan, Garbage, Sigrid, Richard Hawley, James Blunt

Other: J Hus, The Streets, Ice Spice, Anne-Marie, Holly Humberstone, Nothing But Thieves, The Snuts, Hot Milk

West Holts: Jungle, Brittany Howard, Thievery Corporation, Omar Apollo, Jordan Rakei, Nu Guena

Woodsies: PJ Harvey, Belle and Sebastian, GAYLE, American Football, The Mary Wallopers, Georgia, Somebody’s Child, Newdad

Park: Patti Smith, Air, Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats, X (Suede), Bess Atwell, Nieve Ella, The Anchoress, Divorce

Pyramid: Coldplay, Paolo Nutini, Weezer, Shania Twain, Arlo Parks, Mika, Local Band

Other: The National, Avril Lavigne, Kim Petras, Yard Act, Tom Odell, Ty Segall, Ethel Cain, The Reytons

West Holts: Chaka Khan, Gregory Porter, Gabrielle, Bob Vylan, Olivia Dean, Badbadnotgood, Mdou Moctar

Woodsies: Robyn, Mogwai, Gossip, The Japanese House, X (Liam Gallagher & John Squire), Rachel Chinouriri, Gilla Band, Coach Party

Park: Justice, Anna Calvi, The Blaze, CMAT, Kevin Morby, Goat Girl, Remi Wolf, Prima Queen

1 hour ago, wro_lap said:

Given this another go. Can't remember whether we had a day on the info for Stevie/Coldplay. It's pretty much all based around artists who are at least vaguely touring around Glastonbury. Paolo probably isn't sub size, more 3rd down, but with Doja and Olivia likely out (probably waiting to headline in the next couple of years) I wasn't sure which sub size acts were touring so thought we may see a Royal Blood style bump up.

Pyramid: Stevie Wonder, Sting, 21 Savage, Keane, The Last Dinner Party, Rita Ora, Local Band

Other: SZA, Deftones, Denzel Curry, Greta van Fleet, Beabadoobee, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, The Human League, Happy Mondays, Bombay Bicycle Club

West Holts: LCD Soundsystem, Sampha, Black Pumas, Sister Sledge, St Paul & The Broken Bones, Paris Texas, Black Uhuru, Jalen Ngonda

Woodsies: Underworld, Beth Gibbons, Cian Ducrot, Bleachers, X (Catfish and the Bottlemen), Faye Webster, Sorry, Panic Shack

Park: The Smile, Lord Huron, Mavis Staples, Alvvays, Sprints, The Mysterines, Bdrmm, Picture Parlour

Pyramid: Dua Lipa, Pulp, Troye Sivan, Garbage, Sigrid, Richard Hawley, James Blunt

Other: J Hus, The Streets, Ice Spice, Anne-Marie, Holly Humberstone, Nothing But Thieves, The Snuts, Hot Milk

West Holts: Jungle, Brittany Howard, Thievery Corporation, Omar Apollo, Jordan Rakei, Nu Guena

Woodsies: PJ Harvey, Belle and Sebastian, GAYLE, American Football, The Mary Wallopers, Georgia, Somebody’s Child, Newdad

Park: Patti Smith, Air, Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats, X (Suede), Bess Atwell, Nieve Ella, The Anchoress, Divorce

Pyramid: Coldplay, Paolo Nutini, Weezer, Shania Twain, Arlo Parks, Mika, Local Band

Other: The National, Avril Lavigne, Kim Petras, Yard Act, Tom Odell, Ty Segall, Ethel Cain, The Reytons

West Holts: Chaka Khan, Gregory Porter, Gabrielle, Bob Vylan, Olivia Dean, Badbadnotgood, Mdou Moctar

Woodsies: Robyn, Mogwai, Gossip, The Japanese House, X (Liam Gallagher & John Squire), Rachel Chinouriri, Gilla Band, Coach Party

Park: Justice, Anna Calvi, The Blaze, CMAT, Kevin Morby, Goat Girl, Remi Wolf, Prima Queen

Underworld are busy Friday and Saturday.  Mondays would surely be the Other opener, rather than Bombay.  Any Pyramid opener is a bit of a thing now, rather than just being some local band.  

But other than that, i'll take that in a shot.

1 hour ago, wro_lap said:

Would be all over this if it happened, really hope we get SZA this year 🤞.

First time I've seen Robyn on a prediction though, is she even touring?

9 hours ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Underworld are busy Friday and Saturday.  Mondays would surely be the Other opener, rather than Bombay.  Any Pyramid opener is a bit of a thing now, rather than just being some local band.  

But other than that, i'll take that in a shot.

Thanks for the note on Underworld! Will amend that for the next one.

Personally I think Mondays are too small for the Other opener slot now. I think them and The Human League are similar to the slot The Lightning Seeds had this year. Once big band, now mildly novelty but a good singalong.

Wasn't sure who to put for Friday Pyramid opener. Not sure who's about that's akin to the likes of Ziggy Marley/Bjorn Again/Hacienda Classical/other bands who've played that slot. Good call on that

20 hours ago, wro_lap said:

Nothing but theives play Wembley on the saturday. Could pay friday though... these days most of the "bands" play friday.
Bombay Bicycle Club first on the Other??? really? haha Plus they in Luxembourg on the saturday. 

Nathaniel Raitliffe play Bristol on the saturday also...  😄 

I like your choices but days you have picked are impossible 😄 

On 2/11/2024 at 9:56 PM, Kaboom Boxer said:

From how reliable a source on Discord?

have a look yourself and make your mind up

Its obviously not a full lineup leak - its a prediction made up off a mixture of info, self confirms and guesses

just like any prediction in here - i was just saying where its from

Edited by gfa

5 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Unfortunately not, hasn’t toured since having to cancel everything for COVID. Hoping we’ll get her back once she does tour though given she was on the 2020 lineup. 

Ah, didn't even check that one. I'll remove it for the next edition. Any more guesses for a Woodsies headliner?

1 hour ago, Havors said:

Nothing but theives play Wembley on the saturday. Could pay friday though... these days most of the "bands" play friday.
Bombay Bicycle Club first on the Other??? really? haha Plus they in Luxembourg on the saturday. 

Nathaniel Raitliffe play Bristol on the saturday also...  😄 

I like your choices but days you have picked are impossible 😄 

Cheers for the corrections on these! Will amend them for next time

2 hours ago, Drinky said:

BBC are playing the exactly same slot at the same festival as Japanese Breakfast last year that caused her to miss her Sunday slot, so I’d be surprised if a band risked that again

Japanese Breakfast was meant to be on around 2pm though, BBC would near definitely play considerably later in the day

2 hours ago, wro_lap said:

Ah, didn't even check that one. I'll remove it for the next edition. Any more guesses for a Woodsies headliner?

I'm feeling Declan McKenna is pretty likely to play, and noticed you haven't put him on there, he could be a Woodsies headliner

1 hour ago, Acid_Haze said:

I'm feeling Declan McKenna is pretty likely to play, and noticed you haven't put him on there, he could be a Woodsies headliner

He would be a very weak woodsies headliner i think.

More like a mid other act or maybe 3rd / sub woodises/park

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Japanese Breakfast was meant to be on around 2pm though, BBC would near definitely play considerably later in the day

I’m not an expert but don’t they lock the load-in for all bands at 11am or thereabouts so they have all the kit for each band on site? Or are there bands loading kit for later slots throughout the day?

7 minutes ago, Drinky said:

I’m not an expert but don’t they lock the load-in for all bands at 11am or thereabouts so they have all the kit for each band on site? Or are there bands loading kit for later slots throughout the day?

Not 100% if this applies, but I remember Wolf Alice running late from America in 2022 due to a cancelled flight. I assume most of their gear was already at Glastonbury but could they of still had some stuff with them? And just about made it in time to play?

26 minutes ago, Drinky said:

^ i guess based on the above there can be backups / exceptions