2024 Stage Predictions

1 hour ago, Drinky said:

Furiously underlining mid

(I reckon they might be in line for IOW or BST rather than G)

Glasto 2020 original line-up had Big Time Rush included - similar TV show/network band-thing.

I'd argue the Jonas brothers are bigger but that may be bias as they were seemingly on every Disney programme when I was a youngster so don't be surprised if they do find themselves on the line-up poster.

6 hours ago, stanh said:

Probably gonna be way off (as per usual) with the placings, acts chosen, and stages in which they're put on, but nevertheless given my first shot at a mockup/wish-list for next summer on the farm, just for a bit of fun.

755673476_Screenshot2023-07-27at15_05_50.thumb.png.b403c653f41fd1523fe69b623d5148f2.png

Fri-

El Pointo: Dua Lipa / The National / Aerosmith / Jessie Ware / Declan McKenna

Other: Bon Iver / Charli XCX / Bastille / Arlo Parks / Ice Spice / Suede

WH: Justice / Labrinth / Lankum / Oxlade / Kae Tempest

Woodsies: IDLES / Lizzy McAlpine / Nova Twins / Alfie Templeman / Lancey Foux

Park: PJ Harvey / Angel Olsen / 100 Gecs / Hot Milk / The GOA Express

Sat-

El Pointo: Coldplay / Doja Cat / Kasabian / The Streets / Anne-Marie

Other: The Prodigy / Wet Leg / Bombay Bicycle Club / King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard / MUNA

WH: FKA Twigs / Overmono / Confidence Man / Griff / Everything Everything

Woodsies: AJ Tracey / Nothing But Thieves / The Lathums / WILLOW / Coach Party

Park: KAYTRANADA / Denzel Curry / Bleachers / Jules Paymer / Halina Rice

Sun-

El Pointo: Depeche Mode / Pulp / Jorja Smith / Spice Girls / CMAT

Other: J Hus / Two Door Cinema Club / Fontaines D.C / Mabel / Mae Muller

WH: Jungle  / Patti Smith / Sofi Tukker / Koffee / YONAKA

Woodsies: Robyn / PVRIS / Fireboy DML / Sea Girls / K-Trap

Park: King Krule / Floating Points / Knucks / Snail Mail / Picture Parlour

Do you have the template for this poster?

18 hours ago, Acid_Haze said:

I plan on doing one of these towards the end of every month leading up to Glastonbury next year based off whatever info we have (which is basically nothing right now).

Friday:

PY: Foo Fighters, The 1975, Pixies, Mahalia, Alanis Morrisette, The Last Dinner Party

OT: Odesza, Kali Uchis, Nothing but Thieves, The Darkness

WH: Arlo Parks, Little Dragon, Overmono

WO: Modest Mouse, Tove Lo

PA: Floating Points, King Krule

Saturday:

PY: Dua Lipa, Janelle Monáe, Aerosmith, stephen sanchez, Tom Odell, The Mary Wallopers

OT: Kasabian, Niall Horan, Inhaler, Half Moon Run

WH: Public Enemy, Death Grips, Easy Life

WO: Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Squid

PA: PJ Harvey, Gang of Four

Sunday:

PY: Madonna, Sting, Kesha, Shania Twain, The Waterboys, Matt Corby

OT: Little Simz, The Streets, Holly Humberstone, Amyl & The Sniffers

WH: Jamie XX, Freya Ridings, Lil Yachty

WO: Ellie Goulding, Hard-Fi

PA: Cat Burns, 100 gecs

Probably way off right now but should get more accurate hopefully as we get closer...

Surely no way Morsiette will be 5th pyramid?

kesha would be cracking

Odesza nowhere near that size in the uk as well

Edited by gfa

15 hours ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

Glasto 2020 original line-up had Big Time Rush included - similar TV show/network band-thing.

I'd argue the Jonas brothers are bigger but that may be bias as they were seemingly on every Disney programme when I was a youngster so don't be surprised if they do find themselves on the line-up poster.

Are you thinking of The Big Moon or Big Thief? Big Time Rush aren't listed and weren't active at the time of the 2020 poster drop.

End of the month update

Fri
Py: Depeche Mode, Nick Cave + the Bad Seeds, Wet Leg, Michael Kiwanuka, Knucks
OS: J Hus, Charli XCX, Bring Me the Horizon, Garbage, Holly Humberstone
WH: FKA Twigs, Sampha, Noname, Black Uhuru, Lankum
Wo: James, Nothing But Thieves, Arlo Parks, Ashnikko, Ren
Pa: M.I.A, Daughter, The Last Dinner Party, Tkay Maidza, Witch

Sat
Py: Coldplay, Jorja Smith, Aerosmith, PJ Harvey, Declan McKenna
OS: Doja Cat, MGMT, Bombay Bicycle Club, Mabel, Beabadoobee
WH: Justice, Kae Tempest, Gilberto Gil + Family, JME, Kamaal Williams
Wo: Robyn, Placebo, Belle + Sebastian, DMA's, Olivia Dean
Pa: The Smile, Floating Points LIVE, Anna Calvi, Biig Piig, Genesis Owusu

Sun
Py: Dua Lipa, Vampire Weekend, Sade, Duran Duran, Jessie Ware
OS: The Chemical Brothers, James Blake, Anne-Marie, King Gizzard + the Lizard Wizard, Poppy
WH: Run the Jewels, Patti Smith, Sault, Sons of Kemet, Gogo Penguin
Wo: Jungle, Confidence Man, Bloc Party, Big Thief, Soccer Mommy
Pa: King Krule, Future Islands, Lucinda Williams, Injury Reserve, Spellling

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

End of the month update

Fri

Sat

Sun
OS: The Chemical Brothers, James Blake, Anne-Marie, King Gizzard + the Lizard Wizard, Poppy

Stick! Stick! Stick! Stick! Stick!

That Duran Sade double is the stuff of dreams (if you're from the 80s, which I happen to be...)

13 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

End of the month update

Fri

Sat

Sun

That'll do nicely 👌

17 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

End of the month update

Fri

Sat

Sun

It's a good dig. I forgot about NC&TBS so wack them in along Olivia and Pulp as subs with them on Sunday. Doja on that Other. Don't see them having two rapper Other stage rappers. The Chemical Brothers also have a pattern of alternating Saturday and Sunday randomly each time and Sunday is indeed how it would fall so it's a case of whether Dua Lipa does Friday or Sunday as I feel Coldplay will do Saturday. I'd swap J Hus out for The Prodigy, I think that's got to surely happen this year. While The Prodigy against DM won't happen, I don't think it'll be DM.

Rihanna, Pulp

The Prodigy

Coldplay, Olivia, Aerosmith

Doja Cat

Dua Lipa, Nick Cave

The Chems

That's my guess. I think they'll keep a big female sub on that Saturday for main night tv viewers, and that stops it being Aerosmith, Pulp and Coldplay as a top 3. Also means people might actually leave the Pyramid field.

39 minutes ago, northernangel said:

It's a good dig. I forgot about NC&TBS so wack them in along Olivia and Pulp as subs with them on Sunday. Doja on that Other. Don't see them having two rapper Other stage rappers. The Chemical Brothers also have a pattern of alternating Saturday and Sunday randomly each time and Sunday is indeed how it would fall so it's a case of whether Dua Lipa does Friday or Sunday as I feel Coldplay will do Saturday. I'd swap J Hus out for The Prodigy, I think that's got to surely happen this year. While The Prodigy against DM won't happen, I don't think it'll be DM.

Rihanna, Pulp

The Prodigy

Coldplay, Olivia, Aerosmith

Doja Cat

Dua Lipa, Nick Cave

The Chems

That's my guess. I think they'll keep a big female sub on that Saturday for main night tv viewers, and that stops it being Aerosmith, Pulp and Coldplay as a top 3. Also means people might actually leave the Pyramid field.

Olivia Rodrigo ain't subheadlining Glastonbury next year. She'll either headline or not play at all. She certainly wouldn't be clearing the field anyway - it'd have the opposite effect if anything.

2 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Olivia Rodrigo ain't subheadlining Glastonbury next year. She'll either headline or not play at all. She certainly wouldn't be clearing the field anyway - it'd have the opposite effect if anything.

If you think Olivia Rodrigo is too big now not to headline Glastonbury, it's dream land. She's done one Academy Tour. I mean more change it up again, not everyone seeing Aerosmith is going to stay for O'Rod. There will be people watching Aerosmith with no clue who she is. If Royal Blood and Lizzo are okay to sub, especially Lizzo, then so is she. Don't suddenly make her one of the biggest artists in the world.

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

If you think Olivia Rodrigo is too big now not to headline Glastonbury, it's dream land. She's done one Academy Tour. I mean more change it up again, not everyone seeing Aerosmith is going to stay for O'Rod. There will be people watching Aerosmith with no clue who she is. If Royal Blood and Lizzo are okay to sub, especially Lizzo, then so is she. Don't suddenly make her one of the biggest artists in the world.

I think we have to see how Guts does. It seems a bit mad to be considering her bigger than Lizzo right now but if Guts does gang busters then headlining off two huge albums is super reasonable.

Not sure how many times that has happened before (I know AM did in 2007 and I’m sure some guru of the fields on here will know more examples) but I wouldn’t think it would come as a shock.

1 hour ago, On The Blend said:

I think we have to see how Guts does. It seems a bit mad to be considering her bigger than Lizzo right now but if Guts does gang busters then headlining off two huge albums is super reasonable.

Not sure how many times that has happened before (I know AM did in 2007 and I’m sure some guru of the fields on here will know more examples) but I wouldn’t think it would come as a shock.

Dua Lipa's second record was called massive on here, I personally thought she drifted away quite quick after the initial outset of it and it was her duet with Miley for Prisoner that put her in the limelight again. Better than anything on her second album in my opinion. But besides that and the success of her first and that second album outselling Sour in the UK, had Glastonbury 2021 happened then she was an Other stage headliner after the sales she had. Ignoring covid, had 2021 happened then she still wasn't headlining the main stage and that's why I see O'Rod as a sub. I see literally slipping into the spot on Saturday night.

36 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Dua Lipa's second record was called massive on here, I personally thought she drifted away quite quick after the initial outset of it and it was her duet with Miley for Prisoner that put her in the limelight again. Better than anything on her second album in my opinion. But besides that and the success of her first and that second album outselling Sour in the UK, had Glastonbury 2021 happened then she was an Other stage headliner after the sales she had. Ignoring covid, had 2021 happened then she still wasn't headlining the main stage and that's why I see O'Rod as a sub. I see literally slipping into the spot on Saturday night.

Gazza is that you matey?

Going back to the mid 90s…

One album headliners: Ash 1997, Coldplay 2002 (as Rush of Blood got postponed to August - they still played a bunch from it), Stormzy 2019

Two album headliners: Oasis 1995, The Prodigy 1997 (massive asterisk because Fat of the Land came out the Monday after the festival, and Firestarter and Breathe were 1996 singles), Travis 2000, Arctic Monkeys, The Killers 2007, Mumford and Sons 2013, Billie Eilish 2022

Edited by Drinky

23 minutes ago, Drinky said:

Going back to the mid 90s…

One album headliners: Ash 1997, Coldplay 2002 (as Rush of Blood got postponed to August - they still played a bunch from it), Stormzy 2019

Two album headliners: Oasis 1995, The Prodigy 1997 (massive asterisk because Fat of the Land came out the Monday after the festival, and Firestarter and Breathe were 1996 singles), Travis 2000, Arctic Monkeys, The Killers 2007, Mumford and Sons 2013, Billie Eilish 2022

I never doubted you sages for a second. 

Other than the obvious, those have all aged really well as bump ups.

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Welcome back. 

ty. took time away as the festival season got to a point of not needing to be on here and it all got a bit tiresome. same arguments over the same thing from the same people who didn't need to do it. complaining about places and going anyway blah blah rubbish.

I look forward to moving forward off the back of Glastonbury and Y Not to it being a better place hopefully.