2024 Stage Predictions

2 hours ago, northernangel said:

I think the general thought is that Chems are due back for their usual slot. I agree with Biffy but I don't think being friends of the festival that there will be an issue giving them the sub still being an arena band. They've given Elbow sets above their stations for years.

There weren’t many there for Elbow last year but in 2019 they played The Park. Still had a really good crowd on the Pyramid in 2014 and 2011 was one of the best Pyramid sets I’ve seen with a massive crowd. Definitely on the way down now though and can’t see them ever being on the Pyramid again. 

Just now, Chip Batch said:

There weren’t many there for Elbow last year but in 2019 they played The Park. Still had a really good crowd on the Pyramid in 2014 and 2011 was one of the best Pyramid sets I’ve seen with a massive crowd. Definitely on the way down now though and can’t see them ever being on the Pyramid again. 

Especially now the keys player has come out as a massive TERF. good riddance

Let’s have a go at this then. Probably too many non-UK artists here who’d want too much £££ but… some pretty albums hitting their 20th anniversary next year hence the slots for Franz, Keane etc

Friday Pyramid: The 1975, Olivia Rodrigo, Alicia Keys, Phoebe Bridgers

Other: Sam Smith, Vampire Weekend

Woodsies: PJ Harvey 

Park: Franz Ferdinand

WH: Kae Tempest

Saturday Pyramid: Rihanna, The National, Sigrid, Keane 

Other: Bring Me the Horizon, SZA

Woodsies: Justice

Park: Bon Iver

WH: Roisin Murphy

Sunday Pyramid: Madonna, Paramore, Wet Leg, Don Henley

Other: Dave, Anne-Marie

Woodsies: Sigur Ros

Park: Michael Kiwanuka

WH: Courtney Barnett

1 hour ago, sisco said:

All overlooking Madonna’s illness and that she’s cancelled her dates? 

Nothing has been officially cancelled/postponed yet. Thats likely getting sorted out this week and will be announced so that everyone who has tickets for the first gigs a  couple weeks from now knows where things stand. There isnt any indication how many are getting rescheduled anyway.  Who says she wont be fine in a month. Could start it up at MSG pretty easily or even wait til LA. 

I think we have to assume everything will just be put back a few months but get back on track later in the year.

I’m convinced the two female headliners that Emily was talking about for 2024 that were confirmed/almost confirmed were Rihanna and Madonna - Ri after a delay for her pregnancy, Madonna a long time want who was in the process of planning out this huge hits tour.

14 hours ago, Drinky said:

Let’s have a go at this then. Probably too many non-UK artists here who’d want too much £££ but… some pretty albums hitting their 20th anniversary next year hence the slots for Franz, Keane etc

Friday Pyramid: The 1975, Olivia Rodrigo, Alicia Keys, Phoebe Bridgers

Other: Sam Smith, Vampire Weekend

Woodsies: PJ Harvey 

Park: Franz Ferdinand

WH: Kae Tempest

Saturday Pyramid: Rihanna, The National, Sigrid, Keane 

Other: Bring Me the Horizon, SZA

Woodsies: Justice

Park: Bon Iver

WH: Roisin Murphy

Sunday Pyramid: Madonna, Paramore, Wet Leg, Don Henley

Other: Dave, Anne-Marie

Woodsies: Sigur Ros

Park: Michael Kiwanuka

WH: Courtney Barnett

Justice far far too big for Woodsies!

Isn't Bon Iver too big for Park too?

Franz on Park could be busy too - surely make more sense in Woodsies

No way is Sigrid 3rd down pyramid she was like 5th on woodsies last year

No way on SZA other sub too

Edited by gfa

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

Justice far far too big for Woodsies!

Isn't Bon Iver too big for Park too?

Franz on Park could be busy too - surely make more sense in Woodsies

No way is Sigrid 3rd down pyramid she was like 5th on woodsies last year

No way on SZA other sub too

A lot of the placings on that prediction are way off, but Justice on Woodsies isn't unreasonable. Not much different from headlining West Holts.

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

A lot of the placings on that prediction are way off, but Justice on Woodsies isn't unreasonable. Not much different from headlining West Holts.

Against the 1975 and BMTH it would be absolute carnage I think

When they drop the album they'll be bigger than ever by all accounts - woodsies is a step down. They'd be mad to agree to step down from WH anyway i think

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Maybe

but wrong stage for them, either stick with West Holts or bump up to Other (compulsory headliner either way)

9 minutes ago, gfa said:

Against the 1975 and BMTH it would be absolute carnage I think

When they drop the album they'll be bigger than ever by all accounts - woodsies is a step down. They'd be mad to agree to step down from WH anyway i think

Sure but BMTH aren't gonna headline the Other anyway.

I think they'll probably headline WH again if they're back. Just don't think Woodsies is mad unreasonable, especially compared to other placings in that prediction (Olivia Rodrigo, SZA, Bon Iver, Dave...)

Also why are they gonna be bigger than ever? They haven't released anything yet, right?

10 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Maybe

but wrong stage for them, either stick with West Holts or bump up to Other (compulsory headliner either way)

Yeah they're definitely a headline or nothing type act.

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Sure but BMTH aren't gonna headline the Other anyway.

I think they'll probably headline WH again if they're back. Just don't think Woodsies is mad unreasonable, especially compared to other placings in that prediction (Olivia Rodrigo, SZA, Bon Iver, Dave...)

Also why are they gonna be bigger than ever? They haven't released anything yet, right?

Massive album on the way apparently

I wasn't detracting from the other placings, just saying that woodsies was silly

13 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Enjoying the Justice/Underworld suggestions. Their sets in 2017/16, respectively, are some of my best memories on the farm.

I'd welcome a return for either

Fair chance of at least one if not both popping up I'd say

17 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Enjoying the Justice/Underworld suggestions. Their sets in 2017/16, respectively, are some of my best memories on the farm.

I'd welcome a return for either

I'd be very happy with either.

Would love to see Underworld with Iggy Pop doing the Teatime Dub Encounters