Legends Slot 2024

FuzzyDunlop

3 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Want a real legend, one that has never played at Glastonbury before

Tom Waits

That'd be fantastic.

But also incredibly unlikely given his seeming reluctance to leave North America these days.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Or do gigs.

Yeah.

Looking at it, we're now more than 10 years on from his last proper gig, and more than 15 years since his last actual tour or appearance outside the USA.

6 hours ago, Long Season said:

What would the chances be of a steely dan legend spot, albeit quite a bit of time between their manchester gigs and glasto. I think the general public kind of forgets the amount of songs they would recognise, even if from being sampled elsewhere. If not, they would make an incredible other stage headliner against Dua or Coldplay

20-30 years ago they would have been a big draw, but I think they'd not get a big crowd on the Pyramid, much like Robert Plant & Alison Krauss a few years back. Not helped by the fact they rarely play most of their hits (Do It Again, Rikki Don't Lose that Number, Haitian Divorce etc). Last time I saw them it was like being at a convention for retired chartered accountants rather than a rock gig. They'd be a fantastic West Holts headliner though, but whether they'd take a slot like that is another thing 

23 hours ago, henry bear said:

Last time I saw them it was like being at a convention for retired chartered accountants rather than a rock gig.

Bit like being at Beautiful Days or in front of the Pyramid on Sunday afternoon.

On 1/25/2024 at 3:03 PM, Long Season said:

What would the chances be of a steely dan legend spot, albeit quite a bit of time between their manchester gigs and glasto. I think the general public kind of forgets the amount of songs they would recognise, even if from being sampled elsewhere. If not, they would make an incredible other stage headliner against Dua or Coldplay

INABS

Eagles are far too big, right? (don't shoot me). They're not a typical GF headline booking, but surely not a fit for legend slot any time soon?

Aware they're an enormous act, I love them and it'd be great to see them on the farm. Just can't place them anywhere..

I think we get mentions of the eagles every page or two, but given their gig tickets cost a big chunk of what we pay for the entire festival it seems entirely implausible, plus of course there's never been the tiniest hint of a rumour and they're on their farewell tour. 

Edited by clarkete

5 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Wonder who the big financial holdout is among them.

My guess is that it's something of a collective decision.

In that they absolutely hate being in the same room as each other, and therefore will only do so when the money is too big to turn down.

On 1/25/2024 at 3:03 PM, Long Season said:

Not really sure where they would go? Mid afternoon pyramid maybe. Other stage headliner is unlikely. West Holts headliner? They sometimes throw an old band on like the Jackson’s and Brian Ferry. 

If it is Shania Twain...

Waking Up Dreaming
Up!
Don't Be Stupid (You Know I Love You)
I'm Gonna Getcha Good!
Come on Over
You're Still the One
Any Man of Mine
Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under?
Honey, I'm Home
10 Queen of Me
11 Party for Two
12 From This Moment On
13 Forever and for Always
14 That Don't Impress Me Much
15 Man! I Feel Like a Woman!

• Upvote 1

On 1/25/2024 at 3:24 PM, Long Season said:

Ah yeah, fair points. I suppose I've misjudged their size. I was surprised to see they were supporting the Eagles tbf as I've always thought the dan to be huge, though they would still definitely pull a huge crowd imo

not really  steely dan, i think there's a strong chance they're a michael favourite, which he'll try to get booked - expect them in an odd spot if so -  like brian ferry as west holts headliner.

4 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

If it is Shania Twain...

Waking Up Dreaming
Up!
I'm Gonna Getcha Good!
Come on Over
You're Still the One
Any Man of Mine
Honey, I'm Home
10 Queen of Me
11 Party for Two
12 From This Moment On

You sure love a setlist

6 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

If it is Shania Twain...

Waking Up Dreaming
Up!
I'm Gonna Getcha Good!
Come on Over
You're Still the One
Any Man of Mine
Honey, I'm Home
10 Queen of Me
11 Party for Two
12 From This Moment On

I was obsessed with Come on Over album at the ages of 14-16. Don't be Stupid in particular was often on repeat on my walkman! Such a good album.