Olivia Rodrigo

FloorFiller

6 minutes ago, cdm22 said:

£283 for O2 VIP. That was an easy no 😄

Couldn't believe that price, all the tickets are more expensive than I expected but that is insane, 3x the price to stand further forward, have early entry, get a couple of items and have access to spend more money in an exclusive bar/merch stand

5 minutes ago, pops1998 said:

Unfortunately got waitlisted - anyone know if there’s actually going to be a general sale with a fair amount of tickets left or are they allocating all tickets to the presales like they did with TS? 

Think there is so much remain they will go on the waitlist, but if you look there is a large number of gaps still

10 minutes ago, Monty Pythagoras said:

£92 stinks

9 minutes ago, fullfathom5 said:

Arena & Stadium gig tickets are insane prices these days. I realise there's a lot of cost involved, but even so.

7 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

277 for front standing at an arena, wow 

Can't understand why anyone bothers.

There's no act that I would pay these prices to see.

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

Can't understand why anyone bothers.

There's no act that I would pay these prices to see.

I'm in this camp. There's not a single act on the planet I'm willing to spend £92 + expenses for on what is essentially a night out.

Absolute baffling to me that all these stadiums/arenas still sell out.

Much rather stick to Glastonbury which is incredible value in comparison

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JonSnow said:

I'm in this camp. There's not a single act on the planet I'm willing to spend £92 + expenses for on what is essentially a night out.

Absolute baffling to me that all these stadiums/arenas still sell out.

Much rather stick to Glastonbury which is incredible value in comparison

When you compare this to similar entertainment, it isn't THAT out of line.  For example:

• Arsenal vs Tottenham this Sunday - the cheapest ticket in the stadium is £68, up to around £130 general admission, at least double that for Club Level, and more for executive boxes.  And that's a form of entertainment where ticket income pales into insignificance compared to the billions of pounds of TV revenue.
  • Musicals in London - for example The Lion King.  Cheapest "floor" seat is £90, then £110, £150 and £200.  This is for something that is EXACTLY the same for each of the 8 times a week it runs.  (You can get tickets for as little as £35 upstairs and at the back).

So £90-£200 for a flagship concert by one of the world's biggest artists, doesn't seem out of synch with all of this. 

I mean, I would rather it wasn't all that expensive - and this is a million miles away from paying £8 for a 3-band bill in a grassroots venue - but then nobody is making money and the whole ecosystem is financially unviable for the latter.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, goonerben said:

When you compare this to similar entertainment, it isn't THAT out of line.  For example:

• Arsenal vs Tottenham this Sunday - the cheapest ticket in the stadium is £68, up to around £130 general admission, at least double that for Club Level, and more for executive boxes.  And that's a form of entertainment where ticket income pales into insignificance compared to the billions of pounds of TV revenue.
  • Musicals in London - for example The Lion King.  Cheapest "floor" seat is £90, then £110, £150 and £200.  This is for something that is EXACTLY the same for each of the 8 times a week it runs.  (You can get tickets for as little as £35 upstairs and at the back).

So £90-£200 for a flagship concert by one of the world's biggest artists, doesn't seem out of synch with all of this. 

I mean, I would rather it wasn't all that expensive - and this is a million miles away from paying £8 for a 3-band bill in a grassroots venue - but then nobody is making money and the whole ecosystem is financially unviable for the latter.

I get that but when its an act which is aimed at a younger audience i wouldnt expect £100 a ticket. £400 it would have cost my family for a 2 hour show in Manchester...that's just silly money tbh.

26 minutes ago, wghennessy said:

I get that but when its an act which is aimed at a younger audience i wouldnt expect £100 a ticket. £400 it would have cost my family for a 2 hour show in Manchester...that's just silly money tbh.

Especially when she has only released two albums, and they are only 40 minutes and 36 minutes long! £100 a ticket for what can only be a short set is quite hard to justify imo.