How did you find the prices this year?

Respectfatfrog

Interested to know how you found the prices this year? 

I was disappointed with the 6 quid meal offers most of them were not great value but understand the vendors have to make a living and have to share the profits with the festival itself.

I also know that prices will always be higher at a festival and I'm a skint flint. 

Used our new camping location to take advantage of the coop and their £2 bags of ice. Invested in three waterproof cool bags and tools loads more cans than we usually would. Spent very little on pints as a result.

The bags were a pain to carry late at night but still a real plus to our weekend, more variety of beers and ciders.

Bought very little beer (combination of crap beer, poor service and high price). If it wasn't for the heat I'd have probably bought none at all.

Found food had jumped massively, we ended up cooking something every morning for the first time ever and tended to just have to one meal on site.

Suspect in future I'll prepare more for cooking my own meals as well as Breakfast 

21 minutes ago, Respectfatfrog said:

Interested to know how you found the prices this year? 

I was disappointed with the 6 quid meal offers most of them were not great value but understand the vendors have to make a living and have to share the profits with the festival itself.

I also know that prices will always be higher at a festival and I'm a skint flint. 

Eat the Farm breakfast sausage, egg and bacon brioche was substantial and a good deal at £6, plus burgers around £7-8.

Full English breakfast at On The Green bus has gone up a few pounds to £10 but I guess that is where we are right now as a country. 

£3 plus for a cup of tea seemed excessive for a tea bag and hot water!

1 minute ago, she bangs the drums said:

Eat the Farm breakfast sausage, egg and bacon brioche was substantial and a good deal at £6, plus burgers around £7-8.

Full English breakfast at On The Green bus has gone up a few pounds to £10 but I guess that is where we are right now as a country. 

£3 plus for a cup of tea seemed excessive for a tea bag and hot water!

I agree it represents where we are as a country 

Higher, no two ways about it.  If I go next year I'm probably going to be looking at adjusting my packing so I can take stuff for breakfasts, which I've never done before as I love all the food options there. But yep, it's going up.

High but spent a bit less than my allocated budget which I'm pleased about.

A lot of that was down to it being hot so less hungry and cba to wait in queues. Brought a ton of own booze and snacks which helped although were very heavy to lug around the site all day! 

Barely bought anything from the bars (maybe 3 pints the whole week? Which I'd originally planned as my daily allowance!) as with the heat I found myself drinking more water/cheaper soft drinks than usual to stay hydrated in the day and got through my own stash at a slower pace than expected! 

Prices definifely higher but I think I spent less.

Took stuff for breakfast (cherry tomatoes, avocados, pittas, two porridge pots and a punnet of blueberries) and snacks (Graze nuts and some cereal bars). I then usually just need one big meal a day on site, and stuck to the £10-12 options. 

For drinks, again the heat probably helped. Managed to carry in 4 x 3L boxes of cider and a bottle of gin. Tonics were far far cheaper than ciders on the saturday and kept me nicely hydrated. Also after seeing off so much Wyld Wood weds-fri I was kinda over cider! 

A slog to carry it all at the start but definitely worth it. 

Pricier for food, definitely. Noticed the giant yorkies were a few quid more than they were at Download just 2 weeks earlier as well, I thought Glastonbury had a reputation for keeping the vendors in check a bit more?

Cans of pop for £2 is cheaper than I remember it though.

Also I remember the co-op being close to normal supermarket prices last year so very disappointed with them. £4.35 for a bag of pissing minstrels???

Overall I didn’t think it exceeded expectations. Had a couple of £6 meal deals which were enough for a lunch. Bars were as predicted really, but the lager was the worst kind of piss. Co-op we’re still reasonable given the logistics of a pop up supermarket at a festival. Clearly there were increased costs to pass on but I didn’t feel taken advantage of.

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

You have to take some responsibility for this yourself though.  Surely you saw the crap they where dishing out before you parted with your cash lol ? 

Lol you are correct to be fair the pizza was in the back and no one else was eating but you are right 

Honestly didn't think the food was any more expensive than last year, so it must have been a pound here and there but regardless it's still very expensive to have 3 meals a day at the fest. Think I bought 3 drinks over the whole 5 days so that massively offsets the expense on food.

I brought spirits and was a bit horrified at £3 for a less than half pint of mixer from the bars. Bought three 8 packs of sprite/coke cans from Co-op, with discounts it ended up about £15 for 24 cans, each one of them providing enough for mixer in a double/tripleish measure drink for both of us. Saved our ass! The meal deal was great value as well.

Food prices were f**kin high, yeah. Most of it was good tho and we've been putting money away for months so we wouldn't have to worry about Glastonbury spends. But I was a bit troubled that it's all well and good with a pair of childless tech workers being able to turn up and have a good time, but when I first came to Glastonbury in 2013 I was earning minimum wage and managed to make it all work, I just don't think that same thing would be feasible for kids now. The festival can't help the cost of living crisis but ffs please can we crank up the car parking prices and subsidise the coach tickets? I'd be very in favour of a batch of discounted tickets for under 25s as well... Sadly just can't think of a way low income tickets would ever work at Glastonbury tho.

3 minutes ago, Amy Lawn said:

I brought spirits and was a bit horrified at £3 for a less than half pint of mixer from the bars. Bought three 8 packs of sprite/coke cans from Co-op, with discounts it ended up about £15 for 24 cans, each one of them providing enough for mixer in a double/tripleish measure drink for both of us. Saved our ass! The meal deal was great value as well.

Food prices were f**kin high, yeah. Most of it was good tho and we've been putting money away for months so we wouldn't have to worry about Glastonbury spends. But I was a bit troubled that it's all well and good with a pair of childless tech workers being able to turn up and have a good time, but when I first came to Glastonbury in 2013 I was earning minimum wage and managed to make it all work, I just don't think that same thing would be feasible for kids now. The festival can't help the cost of living crisis but ffs please can we crank up the car parking prices and subsidise the coach tickets? I'd be very in favour of a batch of discounted tickets for under 25s as well... Sadly just can't think of a way low income tickets would ever work at Glastonbury tho.

I think you are on to something with reduced tickets for under 25s or there abouts. I really noticed the increased number of younger people on site this year compared to last and I think it's so important. I love Glastonbury and I try and get there every year - but it's a love born when I was 15 years old. I don't think I would ever be able to afford it today in the same situation, it would only be a pipe dream. 

I was able to get a ticket with one weeks wage from my weekend job having done a few extra hours as well, and I sustained myself with the next weekends wages which defo was mostly taking my own rice pouches and a camping stove plus sh*t whiskey! But still. 

Regardless of whether the beer or cider is to individual tastes, I don't think 6/6.50ish a pint is too bad at all (if the pilsner "tastes like overpriced piss" as I overheard a few times, then surely any amount is too much and you're better off just not, unless you have a price you wish to drink piss at) Coffee and tea seemed steep at some places. Can't remember where (maybe Greenpeace area) but four twenty for a fairly small iced coffee felt a bit much.

The food is pricey because overheads are up, there's only so much vendors can absorb and not pass on. There were definitely things I thought could have been a few quid cheaper but neither did I feel hugely ripped off. 

2 hours ago, sprocketrocket said:

I saved money by taking more canned beer than I normally would and spent the savings on food. 

I was the same, i only bought two pints all weekend from the bars (I usually buy 4-5 per day) and only had two meals a day instead of usual 3 to ensure I spent the same as previously by taking in more breakfast bars, crisps, nuts etc 

1 hour ago, Badlands said:

Used our new camping location to take advantage of the coop and their £2 bags of ice. Invested in three waterproof cool bags and tools loads more cans than we usually would. Spent very little on pints as a result.

The bags were a pain to carry late at night but still a real plus to our weekend, more variety of beers and ciders.

On Wednesday/thurs the co-op ice was £2.40 for 2kg bag. Then on fri/sat/sun it changed to 1kg bags for £2. Sneaky 

I thought it was actually slightly better than I expected but obviously still expensive. Some places were better than others. Husband and I tried to share food a lot of the time (mostly so we could try more stuff) Some things were quite filling for the price although we did get some bao buns 2 for £12 that didn’t touch the sides and about 5 minutes later we ended up buying a bunnychow between us and that left us absolutely stuffed. 

10 minutes ago, Chicken Bob said:

On Wednesday/thurs the co-op ice was £2.40 for 2kg bag. Then on fri/sat/sun it changed to 1kg bags for £2. Sneaky 

Snide, but I saw a fella pay £7.50 at one of those stalls that sell cigs and the like.