Overheard at Glastonbury 2023

deebeedoobee

1*JL2iFfJ0qIfqJIw_vmZ_Ag.jpeg

16 hours ago, broken monkey said:

2 females, aged around 19/20 walk up to the campsite stewards on Sunday afternoon and asked where they can find the Pyramid stage. When the guy noted it was the pointy stage in the distance, one answered saying they thought ‘it was bigger than that’. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Overhead a fella with a croaky voice say to his mate “I’ve lost my voice… how am I gonna chat sh*t now?”

Whilst in the urinal after one of the headliners, heard someone do a massive pee and follow it up with “ahhh, I’ve just lost a stone in piss…. I done well keeping that in!”

During Elton, a mate asked who was on the big screen, expecting them to be the next special guest… had to laugh when I told him it was George Michael.

A friend was invited to do a talk at Atchin Tan and came to see Foos and Arctics. We watched Royal Blood. He said to us "wow they're great. They're gonna be big aren't they!" To which I replied "I think you will find they have already peaked".

On 7/1/2023 at 8:04 AM, Evans999 said:

Heard at west holts bar 2am Thursday  "does the nowhere stage even exist? Cause I've looked for it and it is absolutely nowhere" 

Me to a mate "Where's the Nomad Stage"

Reply "It moves around"

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Mik Artistik in the Rocket Lounge, after improvising a lengthy call-and-response with the crowd singing "We're All Going Vegan":

"I'm not going vegan - I'd miss peanut brittle"

Bloke in the crowd:

"Peanut brittle is vegan you f**king idiot!"

Can't lie - this did make me curious if it is vegan.

Some recipes are, some aren't as they contain butter. So, that clears it up.

14 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Mik Artistik in the Rocket Lounge, after improvising a lengthy call-and-response with the crowd singing "We're All Going Vegan":

"I'm not going vegan - I'd miss peanut brittle"

Bloke in the crowd:

"Peanut brittle is vegan you f**king idiot!"

how do you know if someone is vegan, don't worry, they'll tell you. 😛 

• Downvote 1

I was on BBC TV.. If anyone can find it I'd appreciate it.. I'm talking about my flags.. 

Quick story.. Flag at half mast cos of my mates death in may.. His mum saw it and sent his sister to say thanks.. Really lovely.. Best thing that happened all week.. The mum seeing it that is.. So she knew her son wasn't forgotten.. 

Sorry for jumping on thread but heyho 

• Like 2

On 6/29/2023 at 9:54 PM, broken monkey said:

2 females, aged around 19/20 walk up to the campsite stewards on Sunday afternoon and asked where they can find the Pyramid stage. When the guy noted it was the pointy stage in the distance, one answered saying they thought ‘it was bigger than that’. 

This reminds me that I heard on on Thursday when sat down having food by the Pyramid. A girl behind me asked her friend "Is that the Pyramid stage!?"

Not really that funny but absolutely blew my mind. Is that stage that's shaped like a big pyramid the pyramid stage?

1 hour ago, Radiopaste said:

Tuesday afternoon walking across the Pyramid: "The whole thing is much smaller than everyone says"...

It does seem a lot smaller when it’s totally empty, quite mind blowing. Thought West Holts seemed really small when empty also. 

Edited by gordong