Carparks

Fred Zepplin

Leaving East 12 (blue) was a challenge - got to the car around 11.30am and sat stationary in a queue for about 4 hours. Then moved slowly and in short bursts for 1 hour. Finally hit the road at 4.30pm.

The stewards were managing the queues inefficiency in such a way that many people were getting to their cars and driving straight out, essentially by filtering into the front of the queues, while others like us were stuck at the back for multiple hours.

Told our concerns to the guy managing the traffic at the exit to the field, who told us he'd report us to the police if we argued with him...!

1 hour ago, MrZigster said:

Thought I'd be safe aiming to leave at about 7pm from blue east 5.

Beginning to wonder now.

Think I'm leaking engine coolant and don't really want to get stuck in queues. 

It was defo weird traffic management. We got out in about 90 minutes and no clear sign on why we spent ages still. Roads clear once off site! Good luck! Wouldn't fancy that myself either. 

• Thanks 1

We were staying offsite just across from the pink car parks- we got straight out at 6.50am this morning but could see taillights of folk trying to get out of pink last night after Elton and this morning. Seemed to be a car park management issue rather than any problems with the roads as we got to Gloucester services at 8.45.

5+ f***ing hours in Orange 36

For the first 4 hours only saw 2 cars get in to the next field 

Also, entry to Orange 37 was blocked... until we started to move, then that was through 37 which was the only field between us and the road

Why TF weren't they emptying by that route all day??? 😡😡😡

Look they dont care or manage leaving traffic properly - they never have. Leave b4 8 or late after 7 else you'll be in a q for hours. Left at 5, car park by 6, straight out. I just go out Sun till 4 then go back, pack up and leave - watching the site being taken down and stripped on Mon is never a pleasant sight anyway.

was in blue 12, it wasn't really clear how to even get out, no clear route to the exit so everyone just kind of drove towards the road exiting to join it, but this meant there was about 50 seperate lines of cars all trying to join a single lane.

One steward walked the official lane of cars telling every driver to not let anyone push in and keep as near to the car in front as possible. I'll be surprised if there wasn't dozens of collisions with everyone trying to keep right up the arse of the car in front, saw loads of close calls.

I said to her how are we supposed to know we are pushing in, no one has any idea how to officially access the exit lane

I seem to remember it was a lot more organised in orange last year, at least there was a bit of roping off and signage here and there so you knew where to go

In blue 12 I didn't see a single sign, and none of it was roped off so how are we expected to know where to go.

8 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Thought I'd be safe aiming to leave at about 7pm from blue east 5.

Beginning to wonder now.

Think I'm leaking engine coolant and don't really want to get stuck in queues. 

6 hours ago, irnkrtn said:

It was defo weird traffic management. We got out in about 90 minutes and no clear sign on why we spent ages still. Roads clear once off site! Good luck! Wouldn't fancy that myself either. 

Roads clear eh? Depends which way you're heading I'd guess.

Ended up leaving about 6.15pm ish. Straight out to the A37 with no stopping and only two cars ahead of me (the front one was a really slow nervous driver mind).

Google Maps is just genius (first time I've taken a smartphone). Various autoroutes will always tell you to turn right at that point but GM wasn't having it. 

"To avoid congestion on the A303...". I always really hate the congestion on the A303 with a vengeance, always hit it no matter what time I leave, so took it's advice and turned left and had the most wonderful, no stopping at all, stress free journey home ever*. Saw some lovely countryside to boot.

Wish I'd used it on the way there as I forgot it was Solstice. Durrrrr.

*Still think I'm getting through more coolant than I should be though. Stopped for more of that.

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

Look they dont care or manage leaving traffic properly - they never have. Leave b4 8 or late after 7 else you'll be in a q for hours. Left at 5, car park by 6, straight out. I just go out Sun till 4 then go back, pack up and leave - watching the site being taken down and stripped on Mon is never a pleasant sight anyway.

Same for parking arriving traffic I've always thought. Back of a fag packet planning. Just seems so random. (I'm sure that there is some logic to it somewhere).

But.

They did finally sort out the human queue eventually. Gate B evolved again this year. No going constantly up and down through the guts of The Snake until things filled up. Unlike last year.

Hopefully they'll work on the logistics of vehicles leavng.

Everything can always be improved. 

I haven't heard horror stories of arriving traffic snarling up roads since 2016 I think. That may be a good weather thing though.

Great Wednesday btw.

Hope you were sober or not driving Sunday/Monday.