The Weather Thread 2024

airwaves

It is February and we have weather. It has absolutely no bearing in June despite what science types may say. Rivers of water, ground saturated and still it comes.  It isn't 2012 when Somerset twinned with Atlantis but it ain't much fun. May need to check the pub wood burner is lit.

3 hours ago, CharlotteB said:

Glorious weather in my neck of the woods today. It always makes me think there's going to be a Glasto announcement when it's like this 😁

Ah, that's the reason they've been holding off until now! 

weve had the wettest february on record after a wet oct/nov/dec/Jan, so the worthy farm  is as waterlogged as worthy farm gets.so i'm expecting a very muddy glastonbury if it rains after the gates open.

On 2/22/2024 at 2:15 PM, pilton digger said:

It is February and we have weather. It has absolutely no bearing in June despite what science types may say. Rivers of water, ground saturated and still it comes.  It isn't 2012 when Somerset twinned with Atlantis but it ain't much fun. May need to check the pub wood burner is lit.

Oooo, you buying?

19 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Surely the weather currently will have no effect on the weather at the end of June.. 

No but the state of the ground does it'll be totally saturated right now and then churns up easily.

30 minutes ago, Neil said:

No but the state of the ground does it'll be totally saturated right now and then churns up easily.

In the spirit of love and inclusiveness that e fest hopefully embodies in this post angst world, bollocks. It is March, nothing to do with June. 

16 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

In the spirit of love and inclusiveness that e fest hopefully embodies in this post angst world, bollocks. It is March, nothing to do with June. 

Correct, it’s been chucking it down up here for weeks and dried up yesterday. Went for a walk across fields and up into the hills today. Water courses were high and the land draining nicely. Soft underfoot but not welly swallowing. 

58 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Hopefully as we have had so much bloody rain the last couple months, we are due a long dry spell to sort out the state of the ground.

I mean, I'm hopeful but I'm not expecting it.

Could be useful ofc. Felt like it's been raining every week since Christmas and in there have been some truly large and nasty storms.

Weather has no real d⁸ependancy, what happens today does not really affect localised weather in the future. Wet or dry today does not mean wet or dry in months time. The Farm is a feckin swamp off track today, a couple of dry days and it will be different. 

Ask me what is like in june, that may have an effect. Anything before is irrelevant

If you want daily updates from me running round the farm it can be done, but it is probably as much use as the proverbial tits on a fish.

Relax, you can't change it.

• Upvote 1

On 3/1/2024 at 11:05 PM, Neil said:

weve had the wettest february on record after a wet oct/nov/dec/Jan, so the worthy farm  is as waterlogged as worthy farm gets.so i'm expecting a very muddy glastonbury if it rains after the gates open.

The state of the ground will be fine.

I can feel it in my waters.