Elton bloody John 🚀

William Mann

3 hours ago, jow95 said:

Agreed, it's all about the enthusiasm of those around you. Stood 5m into row mead and it was still great. Elton managed to spread it throughout most of the crowd for something really special.

Just one Springsteen/macca sized guest required to tip it over the edge.

Agreed. Swap out Billy Banjo and Brandon Flowers for any of Britney/Dua/Eminem/Macca/Harry Styles and it would have been a slam dunk. 

2 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I enjoyed Elton more than Macca. The whole set was more consistent, I don’t think there was anything that fell flat whereas Macca was more variable.

I guess. But countering that, I’d argue Macca’s output itself is more experimental and varied than Elton so it would always be more eclectic than just a string of pop hits and ballads. I think that’s why I enjoyed it more. I may be in the minority, but the ebb and flow and switching between Beatles, Wings, Solo Macca really appealed to me. 

19 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Agreed. Swap out Billy Banjo and Brandon Flowers for any of Britney/Dua/Eminem/Macca/Harry Styles and it would have been a slam dunk. 

Singing this would have absolutely killed it, could have been one of, if not the best Pyramid moment ever.

"But Slim, what if you win, wouldn't it be weird?"
Why, so you guys could just lie to get me here?
So you can sit me here next to Britney Spears?

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It was more consistently hit-packed than Macca for sure. But Macca played a couple of trump cards with his guests.

I think I am probably alone given the response from some but I genuinely preferred Elton’s guests and the fact that all but 1 of them were actually kept secret in this day and age was mega. My screaming for Rina was uninhibited and joyful! 

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Both are unlikely to be beaten next year unless Taylor actually shows up.

Honestly, if I go next year I’d prefer pyramid headliners I don’t really fancy. I’ve spent loads of time there the last 2 fests and would prefer time elsewhere next year.

2 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Honestly, if I go next year I’d prefer pyramid headliners I don’t really fancy. I’ve spent loads of time there the last 2 fests and would prefer time elsewhere next year.

I hear that. Did a bit of a shift there this year to guarantee pole position for GnR and Reg.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

I hear that. Did a bit of a shift there this year to guarantee pole position for GnR and Reg.

Standing at the Pyramid gives me FOMO. Plus the massive crowds trigger my anxiety and I have to calm myself. A clashfinder loaded with sh*t I love on small stages would be my ideal TBF.

• Upvote 1

Best headliner for me in 9 Glastonburys. 20 of my mates, loads of singing, quite a few tears, great happy crowd around us who we made friends with,  one of my mates proposed 💍 to massive cheers- it had the absolute lot. I’m still not down from the high and I was sober 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jackmypie said:

Definitely up there with the best I’ve seen!

people who saw rudimental and qotsa what were the crowds like there?

Rudimental - size wise, probably to round about the mixing desk tower, but grew slightly bigger as loads escaped Elton.

Atmosphere wise - fantastic, the usual West Holts crowd (best big stage crowd on site) and the usual West Holts proper Sunday night party.