Why so difficult to get tickets!!

Kazual

Changing your host file...

But seriously, I think its part luck part dedication. Things that could help:

• Be really prepared in terms of having all the details at hand, in a spreadsheet or somewhere you can copy and paste into the form...every second counts. Having card details to hand and being aware of the authorising you need to do i.e. the bank app on your phone.
  • Have lots of people to help and who are as prepared and dedicated.
  • Use multiple devices and possibly a VPN on some.
  • Be a member here and check in, there's genuinely loads of really useful info and helpful people.

None of that will guarantee a ticket but it will all increase your chances slightly.

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

Sold out in 3 minutes as a result and its so open to abuse. Just a numbers game. How many people can you get to try for you basically.

I do wonder if they implement it for the main sale?

In a way, I see why they would as the payment traffic must cause loads of issues. Plus, lots of people get through and then the payment fails for whatever reason and they dont get in, which seems unfair.

1 minute ago, One Tonne Baby said:

I do wonder if they implement it for the main sale?

In a way, I see why they would as the payment traffic must cause loads of issues. Plus, lots of people get through and then the payment fails for whatever reason and they dont get in, which seems unfair.

Theres no perfect way sure. But this new way, if they keep it, means people with less mates and contacts have less chance basically. 

On 6/24/2023 at 9:48 PM, al_coholic said:

It's difficult because sh*t like Rick Astley & The Blossoms happens. Greatest show on earth bar none. Nowhere else does what G does. Who else gets GnR on time. Gets Coldplay and Adele the same year.  Gets the Foo Fighters to play a god damn afternoon slot to 80,000 people. 

They didn't get gnr on time they got them 40 years late.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Sold out in 3 minutes as a result and it’s so open to abuse. Just a numbers game. How many people can you get to try for you basically.

Would guess it also means you don’t get the 5 minute countdown window to check all the details while you’re putting payment in (never got that far in the resale this year). 

23 minutes ago, One Tonne Baby said:

• Have lots of people to help and who are as prepared and dedicated.

This is the bit that annoys me about the ticket sale. Not everyone has loads of friends and not everyone is confident enough to join random ticket groups. Seems unfair to them.

6 minutes ago, rob.a said:

This is the bit that annoys me about the ticket sale. Not everyone has loads of friends and not everyone is confident enough to join random ticket groups. Seems unfair to them.

This is the case for me. The wife and I have been trying for years but with no joy, we rope in some family members but dont have many people to help.

I guess its the same with tickets for any other gig though, the more people trying, the better the chance of success. Just wish we got lucky in the last few years!

8 minutes ago, rob.a said:

Dont necessarily disagree but its the nature of the beast with basically any popular events. As it's pretty much luck of the draw, the more people you have the more chance you got.

But, in at least 4 years i've been the only one trying and got through so there's hope.

Edited by One Tonne Baby

the other half has given me the green light so going to have another crack at getting in the queue to get to the queue to queue up for the queue for tickets.

Not going to be to worried if i don't as where i live now there's half a dozen other smaller festivals to have a crack at.

Good luck to all.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Theres no perfect way sure. But this new way, if they keep it, means people with less mates and contacts have less chance basically. 

Trying to remember if you`ve always been able to buy 6 tickets in one go ?

Why 6 when 4 or even 2 "could" be the maximum allowed................

They would never increase it to say 12 or 20 so why is it 6 ?

Also, if you get in and get "your" tickets then is it fair you can go in and buy more ? Often read on here of people who can do this, often many times over.

A mud bath would ease demand. Two on the bounce could make getting tickets easy.

So in a way, sacrificing 500k punters festival experiences might be the path to easier tickets. 

But, really, as a relative neophyte. 

Luck and persistence seem to be the way. This place defo helps with guiding the persistence.

2 hours ago, rob.a said:

The problem with the new system is there's absolutely no risk in joining random groups as you don't need to give out payment details.

Saw someone on a Facebook group just post their registration number and postcode and some randomer got them their tickets, complete stranger just trying for fun.

1 hour ago, Homersexual said:

Personally I think they should reduce the number of tickets you can book at once from 6 to 4. I know that's probably not a popular opinion, but I do think it should be more of a level playing field.

All that'd do is move the bumps on the field a bit.

It should be possible to create a full statistical analysis of this (though not by me and not today), but gut feeling is that it would definitely benefit individuals or groups of up to 4, disadvantage small medium sized groups who now need more hits but don't have the resources, but benefit the huge groups who have their sh*t together and can move targets as needed.

53 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Also, if you get in and get "your" tickets then is it fair you can go in and buy more ? Often read on here of people who can do this, often many times over.

I often wonder if this is some flaw in the system, when we get tickets it's always the same person getting in multiple times.

I got through three times on the bounce during the campervan sales

What’s the general consensus on moving towards a ballot for those who’ve registered by a certain date? It seems the fairest way to me.

Surely an automated generator could choose the lucky people, send out emails and give them a week to purchase up to 4 or 6 tickets and then do the same with unclaimed?

It’s not popular on here but I like the ballot idea. Especially more than the recent “no payment required” method which basically removes any ability to play the game and will make it easier for influencers etc to get tickets. 

Open the ballot registration window for a few hours on a Sunday morning announced at short notice. Find out if you’re lucky the following Sunday. Sign up in groups of 4 max, if one of you gets picked then everyone in your group goes. Groups of 1 get their names entered 4 times. Groups of 2 x 2. Those who have been continuously unlucky can get prioritised in future sales much like what they used to do with the London marathon. It could work 

I don't have anybody to help. It's just me and my wife. We tried for 6 festivals and got tickets for 5. We tried every sale. I think that's important. You are increasing your chances by 4. No tricks. Have all your registration and CC details ready for copy and paste and be persistent the whole time.

I do think it'll be even more difficult now if they keep the new payment system.