List your "frustrations" here

airwaves

1 hour ago, Isaact said:

The water out of the taps at the toilets is drinkable and rarely (or never) has queues. It's exactly the same as the water at the water points.

It's the 'hack' I use the most at Glastonbury to never have to wait to have water.

Those had the longest queues! And ridiculously strong pressure - I often wondered if it would have been better for those points to have more than one tap.

The only one for me really, is, I understand that you that you are going to get knocked or pushed when people are trying to to get past you especially in the bigger crowds. No problem at all with this, most people are very nice when they are trying to get past you but it's the one's that are using elbows to barge past you.

I had a elbow in the back at one stage in which the person said its the only way of getting through, so I elbowed him back

44 minutes ago, irnkrtn said:

You don't know why people are sitting. Some people are older and can't hack standing for hours on end. If someone is sitting towards the back of the crowd they really aren't harming you or anyone. I was sat very much at the back of an empty crowd and someone kicked my foot, I think on purpose tbh - maybe it was you? 

I was sat down cause I have a ton of tumours in my stomach, particularly on my right side. They kicked my right foot and I'm still in pain from that today. 

If you're so irate about it that you're "catching people on the way through" you might need a sniff of those baggies making everyone hug each other that you hated too! 😂

Out of up votes but would of if I could 

4 hours ago, Nduja said:

The Frozen Margarita machine breaking at the Meeting Place bar was a bit of a tragedy

The cocktail machine at Village Inn was broken every time I went there. I'm not usually one for cocktails, but given the heat and dryness the watermelon and strawberry frozen daiquiri sounded like the perfect drink to cool down with, but it wasn't to be. Especially given the main beer was pretty much undrinkable and cider gets to me after a while.

29 minutes ago, essjay2009 said:

The cocktail machine at Village Inn was broken every time I went there. I'm not usually one for cocktails, but given the heat and dryness the watermelon and strawberry frozen daiquiri sounded like the perfect drink to cool down with, but it wasn't to be. Especially given the main beer was pretty much undrinkable and cider gets to me after a while.

I think they just take a while to freeze after they've been refilled or something like that, but try enough bars and you shall find. Banging every time if you happen to be right place right time.

Glastonbury for me has been the greatest part of my life for nearly 7 years now. I love everything about it. I got engaged there. I have had moments of my life (macca, Elton) I’ll never forget. But I can’t put my finger on it. I won’t be back it’s just starting to lose its magical spark. I’m a scouser, but I think the amount of scousers there ticketless is starting to ruin the fun. I am so glad I got to bow out at Elton surrounded by everyone who’s made glastonbury so special to me over the years, but I definitely won’t be back for the foreseeable future. Deffo will still be lurking on these forums though!

The pinch point at the top left of the pyramid field just gets worse and worse. Trying to get back to the family camping whilst blondie was on and it was just a standstill for 15 minutes. All it would take is a few stewards making people stay to the left and you could get a nice flow going. 

1 hour ago, irnkrtn said:

You don't know why people are sitting. Some people are older and can't hack standing for hours on end.

I'm less than 40 and reasonably fit and healthy and I definitely can't hack standing for hours on end! 
I don't mind the sitters at all! I'll just creep on past if I need too. Which I rarely do because I'm too busy sitting at the back. 

Maybe pick up your picnic blanket if you're in the pit of a 200,000 strong crowd but apart from that I'm with those in their camping chairs! 🪑

If they are permanently closing row mead to tents something needs to occur to put more general camping on the east side of the site.

Also if Row mead is closed then it needs to have stewards on there to keep the path moving and not have people stood on it.

They also need more accessible platforms in the pyramid, felt sorry for people unable to get on them. I saw an older man barge through to try and get on and knock a child out of a wheelchair.

1 hour ago, irnkrtn said:

You don't know why people are sitting. Some people are older and can't hack standing for hours on end. If someone is sitting towards the back of the crowd they really aren't harming you or anyone. I was sat very much at the back of an empty crowd and someone kicked my foot, I think on purpose tbh - maybe it was you? 

I was sat down cause I have a ton of tumours in my stomach, particularly on my right side. They kicked my right foot and I'm still in pain from that today. 

If you're so irate about it that you're "catching people on the way through" you might need a sniff of those baggies making everyone hug each other that you hated too! 😂

Granted, but if you're sittting in the pit at Elton when it's comfortably the most condensed crowd of the festival, than the space isn't for you.

Admittedly I should've clarified that part of my gripe, sitting at the back isn't a problem at all, it's the 'sitting in space where there is clearly none to sit in' gang that riles me up! I didn't go out of my way to stand on top of people, but those that were sat at the front for AM as people were literally piling on top of them make it physically impossible to get past them without contact, and I have virtually no sympathy in those scenarios.

Hope you're feeling better soon x

Edited by JayDiesel

My frustration is the increase in the absolute reluctance to let people past.

When someone is trying to get out, just let them past! I get it can be annoying someone going in front of you, but you do not own the field.

One girl came past me crying her eyes out because people had been so rude to her during Foo fighters. She’d been the toilet and was trying to get back to her friend. She ended up alone scared to move through until they finished.

For me, during AM it was getting too rowdy where we were. Me and another girl decided to go further back out, we got pushed over, elbowed, shouted all sorts of names just for asking to get past. It puts me right off.

A few years back I went to the toilet mid Adele, near the back ice cream man’s. Heading back in was hellish - a guy screamed that I was a c*** for trying to get through and lying about getting to my friends. Everyone else around stuck up for me and it felt like a bad egg, those bad eggs seem to have increased ten fold!

2 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

If they are permanently closing row mead to tents something needs to occur to put more general camping on the east side of the site.

Also if Row mead is closed then it needs to have stewards on there to keep the path moving and not have people stood on it.

They also need more accessible platforms in the pyramid, felt sorry for people unable to get on them. I saw an older man barge through to try and get on and knock a child out of a wheelchair.

If Row mead is going to be Pyramid space then they need to get the sound consistent up there as well. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JayDiesel said:

My first time, and I absolutely adored it.

Main issues are sadly out of Glasto's control:

People talking through sets (f**king hell, why are you here??? At the front of Unknown Mortal Orchestra??? To chat the whole time with your back to the stage????????)

Huge amounts of drug use at the sets we were going to. People just blase with their baggies knowing that it's a festival and no-one will stop them. I'm 25, don't do drugs, nether do any of my friends, but I don't have an issue with you cracking into something as long as you're fairly 'sound' with it. We were in the pit for Elton, and there were a coked up group of 8/10 people our age who were just a complete waste of a spot. Nonstop hugging, chatting anf bouncing around even when Elton was talking to the crowd. Just f**k off to Reading like.

The sitters make me physically irate, to the stage where I stopped avoiding them when trying to pass - if my feet catch you on the way through, stand up.

The only 'issue' I had that the fest themselves can amend is the common view that midnight onwards seems to offer the same DJ set across 70 stages. I like DnB 'a bit' and can boogie away to it for maybe one evening, but it's borderline everywhere after midnight. Add in to that the stages that play it during the day, and it really sours the taste by Saturday/Sunday.

In regards to sitting.  Try standing up all day with neuropathy in your feet.  Isn’t fun.

Sorry if I got in your way.  😉

2 minutes ago, Juliebean said:

My frustration is the increase in the absolute reluctance to let people past.

When someone is trying to get out, just let them past! I get it can be annoying someone going in front of you, but you do not own the field.

One girl came past me crying her eyes out because people had been so rude to her during Foo fighters. She’d been the toilet and was trying to get back to her friend. She ended up alone scared to move through until they finished.

For me, during AM it was getting too rowdy where we were. Me and another girl decided to go further back out, we got pushed over, elbowed, shouted all sorts of names just for asking to get past. It puts me right off.

A few years back I went to the toilet mid Adele, near the back ice cream man’s. Heading back in was hellish - a guy screamed that I was a c*** for trying to get through and lying about getting to my friends. Everyone else around stuck up for me and it felt like a bad egg, those bad eggs seem to have increased ten fold!

I found the general attitude of folk really unpleasant at times this year.  It’s like general good manners don’t need to be observed in the fields.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Derby_Dave said:

In regards to sitting.  Try standing up all day with neuropathy in your feet.  Isn’t fun.

Sorry if I got in your way.  😉

I defo should've clarified my anti-sitters mantra in the original post 🙃

Have mentioned it in another comment as well to make me seem like a normal human, but sitting is fine when there is clearly room for it. Sitting in the pit (happened at Elton and AM) when people are desperately trying for a space is mindboggling to me. During the wait for Elton, there were two occasions where people tripped over sat down groups because they had nowhere else to step - it's irrelevant to the point you're making, I know, but things like that do worry me.

I was genuinely surprised that no-one was hurt in a few of the 'Sitters vs Standers'  crossfire pre-Elton and AM, because it was getting tight in there.

7 minutes ago, JayDiesel said:

I defo should've clarified my anti-sitters mantra in the original post 🙃

Have mentioned it in another comment as well to make me seem like a normal human, but sitting is fine when there is clearly room for it. Sitting in the pit (happened at Elton and AM) when people are desperately trying for a space is mindboggling to me. During the wait for Elton, there were two occasions where people tripped over sat down groups because they had nowhere else to step - it's irrelevant to the point you're making, I know, but things like that do worry me.

I was genuinely surprised that no-one was hurt in a few of the 'Sitters vs Standers'  crossfire pre-Elton and AM, because it was getting tight in there.

Fair enough. 🍻

• Like 1

I was at two shows were an announcement was made to ask people to stand and fold away chairs and blankets (Elton and Lottery Winners Strummerville set), the instant impact this had was obvious to everyone. 

A few more of these, even if just directed at those down the front, wouldn't go amiss.

• Upvote 2