Overcrowding / Capacity (2022 vs 2023)

st dan

15 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

So Fri headliner time... where was everyone?! Nowhere seems like it was busy.

Or was it that everywhere was just properly spread out for once? Unless the SE Corner was rammed?

Kelis, West Holts, not really that busy, plenty of room to dance and party.

7 hours ago, Ricci's Special Kebabs said:

Much less busier than previous years IMO. Walked straight in without any issue. Biggest crush for me was next to the food stalls when I walked past Ben Howard on Friday, it didn't help that a Van needed to drive through it all. 

They definitely got most of the one way systems right this year.

Sorry, wasn't saying it was dangerously busy or anything like that, we were just trying to work out why Monkeys was not rammo... Trying to work out what else was on for folk at the same time. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Arctic Monkeys were actually pretty packed I think

Not 3/4's up the field on the left it wasn't, loads of space. 

To be fair, doesn't look that busy near the front, busier than where we were by a long long way, but still looks to be plenty of room to move around. 

image.thumb.jpeg.a1bf86f9458c942186abc04139e17211.jpeg

Was at Hot Chip, plenty of space down the right.

Maybe they just it got it so right on the Friday night, with a selection of headliners that were equally popular and well suited for their stages.

Or that maybe people weren't so fussed about that they decided to go places they wouldn't usually at that time of night - SEC, Silver Hayes etc.

If everywhere was reasonably busy but with space to move then they probably nailed it.

3 hours ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

Was at Hot Chip, plenty of space down the right.

Maybe they just it got it so right on the Friday night, with a selection of headliners that were equally popular and well suited for their stages.

Or that maybe people weren't so fussed about that they decided to go places they wouldn't usually at that time of night - SEC, Silver Hayes etc.

If everywhere was reasonably busy but with space to move then they probably nailed it.

Silver Hayes was not busy. I was at Camelphat which wasnt full at all. In fact it was on the quieter side. Eli Brown came on at half 10, he was playing to a 1/3 capacity Levels. (if Im generous).  I could nip to the toilet & the rest of the SH was pretty quiet.

Even for FBS at 12am it was busy, but not rammed. Not like Sunday after Reg.

Phpto of Camelphat... wasnt rammed at all (I got there at 9:45)

20230623_220159.jpg

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Silver Hayes was not busy. I was at Camelphat which wasnt full at all. In fact it was on the quieter side. Eli Brown came on at half 10, he was playing to a 1/3 capacity Levels. (if Im generous).  I could nip to the toilet & the rest of the SH was pretty quiet.

Even for FBS at 12am it was busy, but not rammed. Not like Sunday after Reg.

Phpto of Camelphat... wasnt rammed at all (I got there at 9:45)

20230623_220159.jpg

As we approached from the field entrance there was one fella in high vis fairly gently saying "levels is full", I was OK with that as I was gonna stand outside anyway - dunno how anyone else responded to his information. 

BTW whilst that set was playing we were passed by a fella in a gold jacket going through the crowd with a woman who for the few fleeting seconds was the spitting image of FBS, this means my wing (wo)man remains unconvinced that it was him on stage 🤣

17 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

So Fri headliner time... where was everyone?! Nowhere seems like it was busy.

Or was it that everywhere was just properly spread out for once? Unless the SE Corner was rammed?

Saw Doctors at Acoustic followed by The Damned at Avalon. Neither were rammed.

20230623_224018.thumb.jpg.fb10020fe9e76567d151bf1a9d4471bd.jpg

VideoCapture_20230701-141059.thumb.jpg.cf7aed9f6d404d1142008e276b8ff655.jpg

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

As we approached from the field entrance there was one fella in high vis fairly gently saying "levels is full", I was OK with that as I was gonna stand outside anyway - dunno how anyone else responded to his information. 

BTW whilst that set was playing we were passed by a fella in a gold jacket going through the crowd with a woman who for the few fleeting seconds was the spitting image of FBS, this means my wing (wo)man remains unconvinced that it was him on stage 🤣

For FBS they said it was full? 

I managed to get in & out to the toilet, no bother

We arrived on Thursday around 5pm and got shoved in pink 56, eventually got camped in Back House - that was a brutal walk as we'd decided to do it in one trip so we could enjoy the fun as soon as possible.

We finished pitching at 6:45 and set off straight away as we wanted to see Steve Knightley. Down the railway track we went and got caught in - as we now know - the Example crowd. Missed over half of Steve's set. Later we saw Mik Artistic at the Rocket Lounge. Popped to the toilet after he finished and had to queue for 15 minutes for the urinal. 

Decided to explore Shangri-la before Guns of Navarone, but that was a no-go as there was a wall of people at Truth.

It was at this point absolutely knackered I thought I might be getting too old for this. Then it was fine for the rest of the weekend until Elton 😊

In response to the Friday mystery I can confirm that Hot Chip was nicely chilled. Had to pop out to the toilet and missed half a song. We were central and further forward than halfway. Walked back to my partner with ease.

Friday for me was at The Park for Sparks followed by Fever Ray

Sparks wasn't as busy as I anticipated. Could probably have got my favoured spot immediately in front of the mixing desk even if I had turned up at start of set. That said they had a respectable crowd going beyond the mix desk. 

Thinned out a bit for Fever Ray. "Full" forward of mix desk but not rammed. Filled further behind mix desk as set progressed. People joining from other disappointing sets maybe? 

4 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

For FBS they said it was full? 

I managed to get in & out to the toilet, no bother

Aye, as I say it was just one young-ish lad, no megaphone and not shouting, so if it was full it would not have helped. It certainly looked like it was a big draw compared to other things we passed on the way, so I was happy to remain outside...where we saw his lookalike walking through the crowd. 

7 hours ago, clarkete said:

Aye, as I say it was just one young-ish lad, no megaphone and not shouting, so if it was full it would not have helped. It certainly looked like it was a big draw compared to other things we passed on the way, so I was happy to remain outside...where we saw his lookalike walking through the crowd. 

This is the only photo I took of Norm

20230624_000216.jpg

Could it be that for 2 hours, for once, scheduling was absolutely spot on?

Nowhere was hectic, nowhere was dead. everybody spread out nicely around the site? 

.... Nah, what am I saying, ignore me, that'd never happen... 🙈🤣