Pedestrian Gate A 2023

MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

Hey all, only a couple of days and then it's all systems go, can't believe it!

Just a quick question about arrival times. It's been a while since I was there and wondered what it's like now as more and more ppl are turning up earlier.

I'm arriving between 1-1:30pm.

So, what's it likely to be like, like? The dry ground and good weather should help speed it all up, surely:

Waltz thru?

Queue for an hour?

Busiest time of the day?!

Feel free to update PDA status in here as well to let others know what it's like etc during the day as it opens up and ppl filter in. 

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

As long as everything goes smoothly earlier in the day you'll be able to waltz right in. But it's also probably on the edge of "if gate opening delayed or anything goes wrong" you may still catch the tail end of the queue.

(Also at Gate A, you're always at the mercy of random coach arrival times - if ten coaches all turn up just before you get there you may have a bit of a queue)

Yup. Last year for what ever reason. Gate A was very slow. There were a lot of people who weren't coming in via coaches who were lined up. Its the only year its ever happened so I'm hoping it was a fault somewhere as 2017 we walked in after about 10 minutes (2 coaches in front of us). 

3 minutes ago, William Mann said:

What campsites tend to be full by 2 on Wednesday?

It’s difficult to say because every year is different. As soon as you get through gate A there is a very large noticeboard with a map showing which campsites are full or nearly full. Best bet is to look on there when you get in. 

22 minutes ago, tarw said:

It’s difficult to say because every year is different. As soon as you get through gate A there is a very large noticeboard with a map showing which campsites are full or nearly full. Best bet is to look on there when you get in. 

In all my years of going, I have never noticed this! 

Last year I arrived on a see tickets coach from Oxford on the Weds at 9.30am approx and it took 1 1/2 hrs to get to wristbanding.  By the time we had got up to our camp spot near Arcadia it was well gone 11.30am.

My coach this year should arrive around 11am so hoping its not as long as last time!