Football Shirt Crew

Drinky

1 minute ago, Drinky said:

Sensational selection of shirts around, enjoyed seeing Rapid Wien at Carly Rae Jepsen and several Mexico vintages around.

Shout out to the guy who clocked my Ballard FC shirt in the markets from this thread too

Rapid!! I'm glad I didn't see this. I'd had two Pina Coladas!! My OH's and therefore my 2nd team. 

I was going to play Super Saturday and try and get a selfie with someone in every Championship team top I could spot but it was too hot for shenanigans. 

• Like 1

just me that doesnt really get the footie shirt thing? I think non UK shirts are ok but feels a bit tribal for my liking at a music festival, although everyone wearing them seemed sound, no sign of aggro but if it snowballed into the whole site wearing them.. Leeds vs United at the Park, clashing with Liverpool/Everton on the pyramid 😂

Boro absolutely everywhere. I know the guys who run the 'Glasto footie shirts' twitter and 2 years on the bounce now Boro have been top of the charts. Honourable mention for Cov also.

I had my Yeovil, Real Madrid and Margate (Libertines sponsored) ones on over the weekend! Great convo starter and always some light hearted banter flying around between people in them, love it!

I’m a Port Vale fan. But wouldn’t wear a Vale shirt at a festival. But was getting photos of my with Stoke fans and sending them to a Stoke fan mate saying it had ruined my festival. 

1st one one of my favs.  Then trumped it with the second pic of Crouchy watching Candi Staton. (Did tell him I wouldn’t normally bother him, but showed him the other pics and he thought it was hilarious)

D4060017-39FB-4174-9216-31938F019D31.thumb.jpeg.5627b7ab4c669f122c4ce3275c196ffe.jpeg3E083162-A509-46A2-AF52-467DB3A780A3.thumb.jpeg.45e38a326998ad1c5101f3b02fa8b18e.jpeg

Singer from Oranj Son wore a Vauxhall Motors North West Counties Premier League Champions celebration t shirt for a set at the First Stop stage in Green Fields. Which seemed to go down well with the gang of lads wearing Vauxhall Motors FC kits. 
does that count as ‘outside the top 6’?

7 hours ago, stuwilky said:

Coventry City and Middlesbrough.

only saw two fellow Blackburn Rovers fans. 

I saw five Rovers tops! I was counting cause my camp mate was a rovers fan and wore one every day (he didn't count so 6) and I played spot West Brom (4) vs Rovers. 

9 hours ago, stuwilky said:

Coventry City and Middlesbrough.

only saw two fellow Blackburn Rovers fans. 

My friend is a Blackburn fan and regrets not bringing his Rovers shirt. Also Jacob Reddy is a massive Blackburn fan (even has a song for them) and played twice over the week so I'd be surprised if he didn't perform wearing it as he sometimes does.

I brought my Preston shirt but never wore it, opted for Napoli's 3rd away kit from 91-93 instead, which got excellent acclaim from fellow punters.

Saw a lot of Boro, Leeds, Sheff Wednesday and Newcastle shirts.

Edited by Joey01

Absolutely love this. I wasn't there this year (2nd I've missed since 2011 😞) but I often wear a couple of retro kits across the week (Fiorentina, Nintendo-Batistuta, or 1994 Boca, for e.g) and love using my utterly pointless and useless encyclopedia knowledge of random footballer's to freak people out when they're wearing a top. I walked past a busy crowd in front of the food stalls opposite other stage in 2022 and a guy in a Port Vale shirt was walking in the other direction - I said "Ian Bogie" as he got right next to me... 10 seconds later I heard a voice shout "hold on, Ian Bogie? Who the hell said Ian Bogie? YES!" then we had a little chat 🤣

Some corkers on display on this thread!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

22 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Absolutely love this. I wasn't there this year (2nd I've missed since 2011 😞) but I often wear a couple of retro kits across the week (Fiorentina, Nintendo-Batistuta, or 1994 Boca, for e.g) and love using my utterly pointless and useless encyclopedia knowledge of random footballer's to freak people out when they're wearing a top. I walked past a busy crowd in front of the food stalls opposite other stage in 2022 and a guy in a Port Vale shirt was walking in the other direction - I said "Ian Bogie" as he got right next to me... 10 seconds later I heard a voice shout "hold on, Ian Bogie? Who the hell said Ian Bogie? YES!" then we had a little chat 🤣

Some corkers on display on this thread!

Haha. Love it. Ian Bogie was a great player for us. 

I’m a complete football shirt convert and wore one every day at the festival (barring Sunday which I regretted). Ideal for the weather, especially if you’re prone to perspiring. Great conversation starter. And few places you can wear a football shirt in your forties and not look a complete whopper.

Wednesday: Netherlands (2010)

Thursday: Italy (2008)

Friday: Santos (2022)

Saturday: Santos Laguna (2022/23)

Sunday: Short-sleeved cotton shirt (sweaty back)

For those of you interested, one of my friends kept a note on his phone logging every team we spotted across the weekend. We genuinely thought for a few hours that we might complete the entire 92, but alas, we did not.

We spotted 56 of the 92, including all of the Premier League (apart from Bournemouth)

Spotted 6 Non-League teams

Over 30 international kits

And around another 30 kits from around the world.

Totalled to around 120 or so overall - we both agreed that Bristol Rovers (and Liverpool, eww) were the most popular ones, probably saw about 20 of each

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JayDiesel said:

For those of you interested, one of my friends kept a note on his phone logging every team we spotted across the weekend. We genuinely thought for a few hours that we might complete the entire 92, but alas, we did not.

We spotted 56 of the 92, including all of the Premier League (apart from Bournemouth)

Spotted 6 Non-League teams

Over 30 international kits

And around another 30 kits from around the world.

Totalled to around 120 or so overall - we both agreed that Bristol Rovers (and Liverpool, eww) were the most popular ones, probably saw about 20 of each

Saw an abnormally high number of Wolves and Coventry shirts around.