Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

6 hours ago, Thedestroyer said:

https://www.murderpm.com/p/the-steve-albini-problem

It would be abhorrent to name a stage at primavera  after Mr Albini. 

Please note the link contains upsetting comments by him.

And all the grief I got over Arcade Fire earlier on in the thread.

Give me Win Butler over that Toe Rag any day of the week.

Edited by Drums Please Fab
  • Downvote 6

Sonar timetables already out (yesterday in the afternoon) even though it takes place two weeks after Primavera… for me the conclusive proof that we will not have ps schedules today they don't want us to get saturated

fingers crossed for an official ins and outs announcement ps porto like… it’s getting pretty unserious at this point 

Edited by diancieprince

14 minutes ago, diancieprince said:

Sonar timetables already out (yesterday in the afternoon) even though it takes place two weeks after Primavera… for me the conclusive proof that we will not have ps schedules today they don't want us to get saturated

fingers crossed for an official ins and outs announcement ps porto like… it’s getting pretty unserious at this point 

Don't really see why sonar announcing their timetables would make a difference? It's a completely different festival 

• Upvote 2

Yeah, the one has nothing to do with the other. I think 20% chance timetables today (if they intend to replace Shellac they've also only had 48 hours to do so), 80% early next week.

And don't think the schedules will be a cause for celebration. Will be mostly expletives about the clashes on Thursday...

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Yeah, the one has nothing to do with the other. I think 20% chance timetables today (if they intend to replace Shellac they've also only had 48 hours to do so), 80% early next week.

And don't think the schedules will be a cause for celebration. Will be mostly expletives about the clashes on Thursday...

No way are they replacing shellac imo. Don't think anyone is going to be upset at a band their size isn't going to be on the line up.

22 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

No way are they replacing shellac imo. Don't think anyone is going to be upset at a band their size isn't going to be on the line up.

I didn't mean they would explicitly say 'X band is replacing Shellac' I just mean to ensure that there aren't any gaps in the scheduling, they might want to add a band.

31 minutes ago, xxialac said:

And don't think the schedules will be a cause for celebration. Will be mostly expletives about the clashes on Thursday..

Yeah, timetables are never a celebration. At most, they are sigh of relief that we're only half way f**ked by clashes

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, scatteredscreens said:

Yeah fair. I was only aware of this today after I already made my posts yesterday. That's a good article which outlines everything quite clearly.

Very yikes. Dont know why it brought up him being pro-puberty blockers though.

Especially since they cite a metastudy that does not in fact contradict anything he claims in that tweet. Running a pro-pubety blockers stance alongside allegations of racism and defending child molesters and has a very uneasy taste. It seems a lot like personal opinion on a topic completely irrelevant to the article itself was forced into it.

The entire article also employs a weird lingo.

"Far from the days of R***man, under heavy social pressure to conform, Steve went full performative Woke"

"Prior to his death, Steve had been heavily lamenting what he saw as fascism in his role as a sort of left-liberal faux radical gatekeeper of alternative culture"

This is not how you write in an investigative article. They toally got a point, but the language used suggests they are not after a balanced account for what he did (which undeniably is gross and inexcusable) but wanna do him in and create the biggest possible scandal. I would love for this type of blog-journalism to move beyond people being "problematic" and identify the societal problems at root.

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Quadrophobia said:

Especially since they cite a metastudy that does not in fact contradict anything he claims in that tweet. Running a pro-pubety blockers stance alongside allegations of racism and defending child molesters and has a very uneasy taste. It seems a lot like personal opinion on a topic completely irrelevant to the article itself was forced into it.

The entire article also employs a weird lingo.

"Far from the days of R***man, under heavy social pressure to conform, Steve went full performative Woke"

"Prior to his death, Steve had been heavily lamenting what he saw as fascism in his role as a sort of left-liberal faux radical gatekeeper of alternative culture"

This is not how you write in an investigative article. They toally got a point, but the language used suggests they are not after a balanced account for what he did (which undeniably is gross and inexcusable) but wanna do him in and create the biggest possible scandal.

Agree that some of the angles are stupid. I think a large part of the evidence is well presented though. 

10 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Agree that some of the angles are stupid. I think a large part of the evidence is well presented though. 

I don't disagree on that and I don't want to defend Albini but In my opinion the purpose of "exposing" these things should not be punishment but to help build a culture where these things don't happen anymore and there is normative scrutiny in the first place. If we want our music scene to be safer and better we should accomodate people realising and admitting they were wrong and apparently want to be better and not call them "performative woke"

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Like 1

Hinds are playing Barcelona tomorrow and their european leg ends the day before Primavera. Not saying the wait is because of them. But they might be an easy to book last minute replacement act. They haven't played the festival since 2018 actually, as far as I can see, only Weekender in 2021.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, scatteredscreens said:

Model Actriz, Mandy Indiana, Militarie Gun seem like good shouts

Can confirm that both Model/Actriz and Mandy, Indiana are incredible live. I nearly exploded with joy from being front row for Model/Actriz last year.

I will also say that PJ Harvey is on another level live. She's got a strong sense of theatricality and intensity which works so well. Plus one of the only times in my life a migraine has ever spontaneously stopped without meds or sleep was during her set at V2001, so she might also be magic.