Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

1 hour ago, Hip Priest said:

Yeah, not much to report really. Confirmed Pull & Bear stage gone because of sound leaks but there will be, in addition to the boiler room, a new electronica stage (of sorts) with names yet to be announced. Said 12 stages in total but wasn't too sure. Some choices for Auditori might surprise you: both who's there and who isn't. Bike parking space (dunno if this is news or not). Implied Justice and Disclosure will close Mordor. More streaming of shows via Amazon Prime. Tiny stages along waterfront will be back.

cheers!

That pull & bear stage was pretty hairy at times so glad they are spinning up a new electronic stage. Wonder where though...

Auditori and Boiler Room are on my first time lists for this summer.

Just wondering what people's experiences have been getting into each venue? I'm not sure the capacity of either but are they a case of queueing early for an auditori show and just queueing generally for BR?

22 minutes ago, BA_Barrabus said:

Just wondering what people's experiences have been getting into each venue? I'm not sure the capacity of either but are they a case of queueing early for an auditori show and just queueing generally for BR?

I never had problem entering the Auditori, but tbh in 2022 (which had long queues) I had vip with priority access, so I'm a bit biased.

In my experience entering the Boiler Room at the beginning of the night (iirc it opens at 18.00) is very easy and chill, but the line gets longer and longer as it gets late (I never joined the BR after sunset...).

• Thanks 1

Never been into boiler room. Auditorium has always been fine but in 2022 for the most wanted acts there were 40+ minutes long cues and at some point the cue just collapsed into completely non supervised chaos. Furthermore, I think they said you would have to leave the venue and do the cue again for consecutive shows but eventually they were not emptying the room. 
In short: I waited 30+ minutes for low without getting in and I had to wait for the end of their show to get to autechre 

Edited by Whos3000_
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BA_Barrabus said:

It was hard to get into Boiler Room stage in 2022 during the night (queue was long), but much easier in 2023 (the stage was bigger). I had a blast every time I went last year.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

Never been into boiler room. Auditorium has always been fine but in 2022 for the most wanted acts there were 40+ minutes long cues and at some point the cue just collapsed into completely non supervised chaos. Furthermore, I think they said you would have to leave the venue and do the cue again for consecutive shows but eventually they were not emptying the room. 
In short: I waited 30+ minutes for low without getting in and I had to wait for the end of their show to get to autechre 

I have never been kicked out of the Auditori, I have even seen 3 concerts in a row sometimes

44 minutes ago, Fabrizzo said:

I have never been kicked out of the Auditori, I have even seen 3 concerts in a row sometimes

I have not been kicked out, I just couldn't get in. 
If the organizers would have not specified that they would have emptied the room I would have just gone to see the show before Low to be sure to make it. It was obvious that most of the people, if not told otherwise as it did happen, would have just stayed there. I think they did not handled very well that communication

Edited by Whos3000_

I was checking the line up of one of my favourite small festivals (unsound, in krakow), where I have not been going for a while, and I just noticed the huge overlap with primavera for the small names (mostly the weird electronic/ avant-garde stuff). I have been aware of this for past editions (caretaker was billed first by unsound that year, for example, blackhaine was there before primavera, and so on) but this year the overlap is even greater. Maybe useful to keep into account for future predictions. 
at Unsound 2023: 
EYE (dj)
Hitech
Lanark Artefax
Mica Levi
Nick Leon
Tirzah 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, chilirocker said:

New Vampire Weekend sounds like a preppy Tame Impala 😅:

It sounds a lot like their third album Modern Vampires of the City. It has more darker tone compared to Father of the Bride which was released in 2019. They are the biggest reason I want to buy tickets to Primavera for but I am just waiting in case they announce a UK tour for the summer. The exclusivity is only for EU and not UK. 

• Upvote 2

On 2/10/2024 at 3:30 PM, Whos3000_ said:

Does someone have info on daily tickets (availability, cost) for southside in Germany? It’s that festival with the national subbing ed Sheeran which was poster some pages ago. 
I am in Germany and I might survive ed Sheeran to catch national idles and fontaines if it doesn’t cost like half primavera 

Its not yet clear if there will bey day tickets available, last year they had been available since December. If they become available (absolutely possible, they probably just wanna extend Ed Sheerans pull to the other days as long as possible) they will be expensive though. Last years daily tickets were 119€, with the general increase in prices and a much bigger headline (Ayliva is absolutely huge in Germany) I'd expect them to be up to 150€

On 2/16/2024 at 8:22 AM, birchtree29 said:

It sounds a lot like their third album Modern Vampires of the City. It has more darker tone compared to Father of the Bride which was released in 2019. They are the biggest reason I want to buy tickets to Primavera for but I am just waiting in case they announce a UK tour for the summer. The exclusivity is only for EU and not UK. 

There is a UK tour, they've already announced a presale if you pre order the album/use no purchase necessary. The dates haven't been announced yet though.

The more I look at the Thursday, the more I weep. Ridiculous number of killer bands that could have been spread more across Friday (especially) and Saturday.

And we didn’t even get any relief with some of them doubling up for Ciutat.

Painful choices incoming…

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The more I look at the Thursday, the more I weep. Ridiculous number of killer bands that could have been spread more across Friday (especially) and Saturday.

Exactly the same for me, just the opposite way with saturday being ridiculously stacked and thursday being a little thin for my taste.^^

Luckily Ciutat makes things a little easier for me with American Football, Crumb and Royel Otis playing on sunday aswell.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

I feel this, keen for Pulp, Justice, Vampire Weekend, Billy Woods, Beth Gibbons, Julie Byrne, Deftones, Sofia Kourtesis, Arab Strap, Mannequin Pussy, Yeule... gonna be tough.

That said, no day is thin on the ground for me, just Thursdays particularly packed

5 hours ago, xxialac said:

23 names marked for Thursday, whatever happens there will be tears for me

Someone in the Self Confirmations Glasto thread saying they went to a IDLES Pop Up shop where they denied they were playing Glasto but were playing Primavera. 

Makes sense as a late addition, especially with their ambitious touring schedule. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MrTobs said:

Exactly the same for me, just the opposite way with saturday being ridiculously stacked and thursday being a little thin for my taste.^^

Luckily Ciutat makes things a little easier for me with American Football, Crumb and Royel Otis playing on sunday aswell.

Im the opposite altogether. Finding the whole festival very thin from start to finish. Been listening to most of the stuff I didn't know on shuffle and nothing catching my attention. It's a very weak edition. Lacks oomph.

15 minutes ago, chemica said:

Someone in the Self Confirmations Glasto thread saying they went to a IDLES Pop Up shop where they denied they were playing Glasto but were playing Primavera. 

Makes sense as a late addition, especially with their ambitious touring schedule. 

Hmm, he wrote "sounds like they will be headlining Primavera this year" which is nowhere near as definitively worded as the above.

Don't see them as big enough to headline in Spain either. They weren't a headliner at the smaller Cala Mijas a few months ago. 

Plus, we already have enough headliners.

Oh and the small matter of them being in the US at the time...

9 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Hmm, he wrote "sounds like they will be headlining Primavera this year" which is nowhere near as definitively worded as the above.

Don't see them as big enough to headline in Spain either. They weren't a headliner at the smaller Cala Mijas a few months ago. 

Plus, we already have enough headliners.

Oh and the small matter of them being in the US at the time...

Their westcoast-tour ends on May 23, the next date is June 10 in Florida. So, it's not impossible that they will appear at Primavera...

27 minutes ago, frankburns said:

Their westcoast-tour ends on May 23, the next date is June 10 in Florida. So, it's not impossible that they will appear at Primavera...

You are right. That said it's so unlikely.

They're already playing a stack of dates in May and are already booked to play Barcelona (in two weeks' time). 

2 hours ago, Whos3000_ said:

particularly annoying saturday for me, since all the 5 names in the first line on the poster will be on the main stage and very hard to skip. That's basically 5+ hours straight of main stage, which already sounds like a nightmare

Looking at the last year's clashfinder, more like 7+ hours