Primavera Sound 2024

UsernameHere

15 hours ago, Rosh_Bothman said:

It's just getting a bit old the constant whining about bands that aren't there, when instead you could be focusing on the bands that are playing. Yeah it would have been nice if the bands you listed were playing but they aren't so best to get over it really

You're a f**king chancer. I went back through your posts and sure enough it was you flapping your lip about Win Butler and Arcade Fire. You downvoted my post purely out of spite because you have an axe to grind. Bleeding clown.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 10

4 hours ago, Quadrophobia said:

Yeah it just gets very tiring reading the same unfounded criticism over and over again.

If there is one thing wrong with this board its that people base their arguments on absolutely absurd expectations and then complain if they aren't fulfilled.

Like sure, The Smile and Massive Attack are missing, but are you going to complain about Vampire Weekend, Pulp, The National and Beth Gibbons missing from Northside, who has the former? It is in the nature of festivals that they cannot book everything and if you'd personally liked other acts, go to another fest.

Yes but primavera is the best one, so fair enough to complain if such notable acts are missing ( I don’t think the “dates did not line up well for them” argument holds against the fact that if you want someone, you pay them for being there: missing acts are a consequence of a curatorial choice in the allocation of money). 

this said, it’s February so the season of complaints it’s over. Now back to hyping the festival up 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Drums Please Fab said:

You're a f**king chancer. I went back through your posts and sure enough it was you flapping your lip about Win Butler and Arcade Fire. You downvoted my post purely out of spite because you have an axe to grind. Bleeding clown.

is it really necessary to call people names?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Whos3000_ said:

Yes but primavera is the best one, so fair enough to complain if such notable acts are missing ( I don’t think the “dates did not line up well for them” argument holds against the fact that if you want someone, you pay them for being there: missing acts are a consequence of a curatorial choice in the allocation of money). 

this said, it’s February so the season of complaints it’s over. Now back to hyping the festival up 

What on earth is this logic? 

Yes the festival can offer money but if the act doesn't want to play for whatever reason then the festival can't force them. Do you expect the festival to just keep increasing their offer until the act finally decides to play?

• Upvote 4

It's clearly not a good year year for festivals but I think this one has come up with the best out of a bad bunch yet again so I don't think we should be overly critical. 

Anyway who knows, maybe there'll be a couple of decent late additions. They've done that for the past 2 editions.

4 hours ago, Rosh_Bothman said:

What on earth is this logic? 

Yes the festival can offer money but if the act doesn't want to play for whatever reason then the festival can't force them. Do you expect the festival to just keep increasing their offer until the act finally decides to play?

It’s called business, isn’t it? Yes, and unless you are not Beyoncé or Taylor swift or, more generally, you play somewhere in the alternative rock spectrum you wouldn’t want to miss a primavera show I guess. 

On 1/31/2024 at 2:53 PM, Drums Please Fab said:

Someone order Sleaford Mods on Wish?

• Like 1

On 2/1/2024 at 4:05 PM, diancieprince said:

When can we expect the boiler room lineup ??? we already sense the comeback of this stage but after the PS Radio Q&A broadcasted some days ago it’s 100% confirmed. Otherwise we all can not expect any other full dj-club electronic stage rip Pull&Bear 

Probably not before May

As solo shows vs. festivals has been a discussion here: Last summer was big already but the amount of solo shows we (Vienna, Austria) get this summer is insane almost. I have Smashing Pumpkins+Interpol, The National, Cat Power, Khruangbin, Air, QOTSA, Patti Smith, Fontaines DC, Placebo, The Smile, Einstürzende Neubauten on my list, all playing 4.000-10.000 cap venues. Plus another dozen German and Austrian acts.

There used to be festivals for this.

18 hours ago, brosch said:

As solo shows vs. festivals has been a discussion here: Last summer was big already but the amount of solo shows we (Vienna, Austria) get this summer is insane almost. I have Smashing Pumpkins+Interpol, The National, Cat Power, Khruangbin, Air, QOTSA, Patti Smith, Fontaines DC, Placebo, The Smile, Einstürzende Neubauten on my list, all playing 4.000-10.000 cap venues. Plus another dozen German and Austrian acts.

Interesting. The other day I was exactly thinking that in Switzerland we are having less and less solo shows, compared to pre pandemic (or at least this is my feeling). On top of this, the festivals lineups here are kind of weak (and very "german"-centric). I can imagine it has to do with the very high costs of touring for emerging bands in a country like Switzerland (and especially Zurich, that used to be a big hub for shows).

Different story for big (commercial) names (Taylor Swift, Olivia Rodrigo, Karol G, ecc.), that on the other side seem to always plan shows in Switzerland.

20 hours ago, brosch said:

1 hour ago, LBare said:

Interesting. The other day I was exactly thinking that in Switzerland we are having less and less solo shows, compared to pre pandemic (or at least this is my feeling). On top of this, the festivals lineups here are kind of weak (and very "german"-centric). I can imagine it has to do with the very high costs of touring for emerging bands in a country like Switzerland (and especially Zurich, that used to be a big hub for shows).

Different story for big (commercial) names (Taylor Swift, Olivia Rodrigo, Karol G, ecc.), that on the other side seem to always plan shows in Switzerland.

Many of the artists that the people here favour, just won't be booked anymore at German, Swiss and Austrian fests (anymore). Its much cheaper to go with the usual german-language bands and some radio-pop acts like Macklemore and at least the German audiences are somewhat ignorant. Hence the large number of solo-shows, albeit many of them will only find their way to Berlin and Vienna

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 1

Does someone have info on daily tickets (availability, cost) for southside in Germany? It’s that festival with the national subbing ed Sheeran which was poster some pages ago. 
I am in Germany and I might survive ed Sheeran to catch national idles and fontaines if it doesn’t cost like half primavera 

1 hour ago, BA_Barrabus said:

anyone listened to the Radio Primavera q&a thing yet?

Yeah, not much to report really. Confirmed Pull & Bear stage gone because of sound leaks but there will be, in addition to the boiler room, a new electronica stage (of sorts) with names yet to be announced. Said 12 stages in total but wasn't too sure. Some choices for Auditori might surprise you: both who's there and who isn't. Bike parking space (dunno if this is news or not). Implied Justice and Disclosure will close Mordor. More streaming of shows via Amazon Prime. Tiny stages along waterfront will be back.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6